main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Mark Hamil was being pc. I mean it is clear they are focusing on the new stars not the old ones

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh come on! Is this what we've sunk to?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes. It appears it has sunk this far.

4. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    lol. guess so. I mean i am sure Mark is being fairly genuine, but it was clear that his role in the film is minor because of the comments he made.

5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Feh! Away, you bunch of doom-mongers!

6. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    To the Land of the Blueberries! Where we can eat onions and mushrooms all day long...!

Wait, wrong land. Anyhoo... [face_whistling]:p

Came across this article today and thought I'd deposit it here for y'all's thoughts: Future of the Jedi: Restoring the Order

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    well i hope the article is right and that they will be prominent. But Luke needs to be prominent too. Luke cannot have built a thriving order by this point, but why not 30-50? Really i think there is a major flaw in calling this episode 7. I mean that means there will be no films to cover the in between years. I would have been ok with them finding new actors for the big three. Now that door is closed, too bad.

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

I want better definitions on Force Powers and the movie is a good place to define this. I dont need videogame rules but still better limits and a better understanding of what a Super High Midi Count allows you to actually do.

I will see in theaters. I think a Space Epic is something that needs a big screen and the movie theater atmosphere.

JediMatteus likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Except that door really isn't closed.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Since the thread clearly wants something to carp about here:

Darth Vader gets a Star Wars comic book all to himself! So does Leia!

Luke? Nope.

"You may fire when ready."

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Though I imagine he will get some good screen time in the other series. Maybe the Vader series will be the one that gives Vader Luke's identity?

12. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    ...From a certain point of view.

Quoting from the SW.com article on Marvel's upcoming titles:

No, it's not a Luke series, but it may have a strong focus on him at some point.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  13. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

Just the latest in the diminishing of the character of Luke Skywalker, I'm afraid.

If these rumors about Luke are true, they're really going to not only give him just a cameo, but when he shows up, he may be doing something not exactly good, AND he's going to be looking like a hippie. That hippie look seems to be deliberate too, because Hamill looked much younger and more distinguished with his brownish/reddish hair at the time of the table read. Now, his hair and beard are very grey and shaggy/scruffy looking. :(

On the other hand, Thread Sketch's post is a little more hopeful, but that's about OT Luke. ST Luke looks like he may have changed. :(

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh for crying out loud. He's still in the general SW Marvel series! And he'll be in the Leia series. Maybe in the Vader series as well.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Of greater interest to me is the Leia is the first in a series of minis.

So, Mark Waid writing Luke anyone?

16. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Yes, I was quite stoked to hear about the plotline for it, as in, "Well, yeah, about time!" I know everyone's greatly displeased that Marvel is going the Captain Obvious route instead of forging totally new paths for SW, but I don't mind going over extremely old rerun territory IF it's done very well. I mean, heck, why else do I bother to keep reading fanfic covering the same AUs or timeframes? Because I hope to find well-written plots and characterization, even if it's the same ol' same ol' again and again. I would think Marvel would eventually graduate from toeing the water to jumping full in later. Money is money, so the play-it-safe routine isn't surprising up front. I'm okay with that for now. (But I'm glad for forums like this to let me know if the comics are worth reading before I'd bother looking for them myself! ;))

I would think this would be made of all kinds of win, but I'm rusty on my comic knowledge, so I'm not the best judge of that. Still, I can't imagine it would be a bad thing.

What I'm really looking forward to for now is the fantastic art. I miss the character looking like...themselves! I loved the preview pages.

17. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Mark Waid has done, The Flash(Wally West) Superman Birthright, Kingdom Come, Captain America Operation Rebirth, Fantastic Four, and Daredevil.

If there was one writer I would want to write Luke besides Tom Taylor it's this guy.

Now for us who are being negative about Episode 7, perhaps you optimistic guys can shine some positivity. Some genuine positivity.(I can't believe I shift to JM and CoW's persepective)

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  18. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    if this this is episode 7 and episode 6 was ROTJ, then how can they make films for the inbetween years? episode 6 b?

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't take every rumor so seriously.

20. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Spinoffs.

21. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    okay but the spin offs are focused on single characters or different time periods like pre rebellion. I doubt their will be spin offs for the big three unless it is animated. So if we do get Luke spinoffs it will be when he spent all those years alone, and that is not cool.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Except, to invoke Seinfeld, we know.....

NOTHING!

Of Ep 7.

I'm beginning to think you're all a bunch of rumour-masochists!

Riv_Shiel and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually that should be Game of Thrones and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You mean the usual meme-images FS? Well, no one's stopping you know....

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    True but when someone says NOTHING! I think of Ygritte saying "You know nothing, Jon Snow." and Willy Wonka's freak out on Charlie and his granddad after the tour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.