main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014

But he's the "Dude", man.

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Begs the question then of where is the Sobchak?

3. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Well, the rumors for episode VII are back, and they're my worst possible nightmare for Luke about the new film.

Today's rumors from Latino Review bring back all of the worst possible rumors for Luke. The claim is that Luke was indeed abducted from Endor during the party and that he has been in captivity for all 30 or more years between the films. This means, absolutely NO stories about Luke between trilogies; absolutely NO new Jedi have been trained; Luke has NO family at all. Since most of Episode VII will apparently involve the other characters searching for Luke, Luke will only have a very short time onscreen in the film. All of this confirms the post of someone whose name begins with M from March, who claims to have read the second draft of Episode VII.

So there you have it! If this is true, I'm well and truly done with Star Wars. Why the filmmakers would think that this is a good idea and a great way to start the new trilogy is beyond me. But this is very, very disrespectful to the character of Luke Skywalker.

There was also the rumor that Luke is on a Sith world that may be some kind of weapon and that Luke will do something dark at the end of the film.

Sounds great, doesn't it? :mad:

JediMatteus likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wow. You take LR seriously? Wow. :rolleyes::oops:

Jedi Ben and Point Given like this.
  5. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001

Well, just about everyone on the spoiler boards seems to be taking it pretty seriously. LR sounded pretty certain.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That, the bolded part especially, is without a doubt the stupidest thing I've ever heard and I am 99.9% sure–I'd say 100% but there's always the small chance I'm wrong and they'll make this ridiculous move–that this will not happen. Captured during the party? Really? What, did he get drunk and some Imp spy led him away? Han, Leia, Lando, Wedge, and Chewbacca were all at that party; no way anyone would get anywhere near Luke and leave alive. I'm pretty sure that it's not true, at least not that he was grabbed during the party, or that he's been captured all 30 years.

I don't think the filmmakers do think this is a good idea, because in all likeliness it's fake.

Well, the Sith world sounds fine, and so does the weapon. The "Luke doing something dark" thing, no. But still, I am not buying these rumors, not for a second. Because most of them are just ridiculous.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

LR hasn't been right about a single thing so far.

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    What Point Given said! Of course they are certain! They want poor saps such as yourself (and apparently others on the boards here) to keep coming to their site!

9. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Revanfan1 :
    I completely agree. Some folks seem to think it would work out fine though. (Mackey especially) He really doesn't seem to think that Luke is very important to the saga anymore... He thinks Obi-wan has surpassed him, so he doesn't seem to think that very many people in the audience would be overly upset about with the idea of Luke being in captivity for 30 years and unavailable for stories between trilogies.

I definitely hope you're right!

Well, according to the rumors, Palpatine did NOT die on the Death star and captured Luke somehow or had his minions do it for him. But the Ewok celebration was specifically mentioned.

Again, I really HOPE so. However, it does follow pretty much plot point for plot point that Muzzillwump (don't know the spelling) dump of information. He's the one who claims he read the second draft of the E7 script.

That, for me, would be the worst thing!

I think they are ridiculous too, but some posters seem to be just fine with it and don't seem to think they're all that odd.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Latino Review has reported the latest info direct from their sources Darth Bullcrap and Darth Bender, for always two there are!

Thousands of people believing complete crap is not a compelling argument for anyone to subscribe to their deluded belief.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Okay, the Death Star blew up. Even if Palpatine did survive, it would be in spirit form at best; no way he'd be commanding anyone to capture Luke. Like I said, these rumors sound incredibly unlikely. I wouldn't put any stock in them at all, and even if LR sounds like they're pretty confident in them it doesn't mean anything; for all we know they could've made it up on the fly and that's why they sound so confident in it, because, like Force Smuggler said, they want us to keep coming back for more "rumors."

Jedi Ben and Force Smuggler like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    And the more you return to the site, the more hits they get so they can say to advertisers: Hey, look how many visitors we get, now we can charge you more! The advertisers pay it because they think they'll get more attention, not realising that the site's a clickbait portal and nothing more. While the success encourages them to issue ever more controversy-generating content. Who cares if it's true or not? You clicked, you visited - they win!

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  13. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Maul surviving was not likely or credible yet officially it happened. SW seems to have few rules now. I hope those Luke rumours are unfounded. Luke deserves a decent turn. It's been a looong time. Particularly since Mark came back.

Zeta1127, Revanfan1 and ChildOfWinds like this.
  14. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001

I don't need to go to the websites, because most folks in the Episode VII forum just post what the sites say. I wouldn't even know how to get to the sites frankly, even if I wanted to.. which I don't.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Put it this way: There is no way Disney or LFL are going a green light a move that renders the number of Luke stories they can do between Episiodes 6 and 7 as zero! Which is what imprisoning him for 30 years practically does. Even having him in a slammer for 10 years removes a huge chunk of possibility.

Disney paid $4bn for SW, they're going to want that back and more, books and comics will form a vital part of that, but only if there's Luke, Han and Leia.

BigAl6ft6 and ChildOfWinds like this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    But you're still effectively giving its material credence it doesn't merit by looking at it.

We're probably a year away from any real certain info.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Until we see the trailer, nothing is confirmed.

18. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Even trailers can be misleading. We won't really know anything till we see it then it's a perception game.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Even with a trailer you have to be wary of drawing too wide a conclusion from too little data. Plus, the presentation in trailers is designed to whet your interest without giving much in the way of answers!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    At least the trailer has official footage from the movie. Better indication than the rumors we are getting now imo.

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, but I wouldn't expect even a full trailer to stop the flow of batcrap-crazy rumours, once ep 7 is out, they'll just start on ep 8.

There is only one solution to dealing with the infinite rumour stream.

Just say....

[​IMG]

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Screw Episode 8! We don't need to worry about that until after we see Episode 7 at least once. Or at least for me anyway.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yes, but you're not running Latino Review!

24. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
  25. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    lets not jump the gun yet. I refuse to believe that that Luke was gone from endor on for 30 years. NO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.