main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Cushing's Admirer, I believe he has since trimmed his beard for filming; it was at least somewhat neater when he did his Ice Bucket Challenge video, I think.

3. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    I can't believe The Beard has its own Facebook page. [face_rofl]

Alright, we're gonna need to have an official Luke vs. Kyle BEARD-OFF. More epic than Jean-Claude Van Damme vs. Chuck Norris splits. [face_laugh]

Matt Skywalker and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Began the Beard Wars have.

At last, the Tache will have revenge on the Beard.

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    I can deal with a beard. But luke has always had, in the eu, a infectious joy in the midst of difficulty . I don't want to see that change in the st

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    No, no, no. I'm afraid many of you misunderstand. Kyle never grew a beard. Nor has Luke. 'The Beard' is in fact a symbiotic creature that has harnessed the true rugged power of the force, and imbues its host with immense power. It has simply swapped hosts.

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    The vong!!!!!

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
  9. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    When I read about Luke's beard the first thing that comes to mind is Mara Jade.

10. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    "The Beard will be with you...always."

11. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    [face_thinking] No it's a Vong biot

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Two new, unrelated rumors about Luke–one probably true, one I bet is totally false.

First:

Someone apparently has seen a leaked photo of Mark, Harrison, and Adam Driver in costume. Luke is in tattered Jedi robes and his face is cut up; his lightsaber is in-hand and he's shouting. Han is pointing his blaster at Luke (!!!) and standing beside Adam Driver, who appears on guard but otherwise calm and nonthreatening. So this either means that Luke knows Adam is bad and Han doesn't (which could be very emotionally powerful if Adam is Han's son) or Luke thinks Adam is bad even though he's not (which could turn out to be a nightmare for Luke fans). Either way, this means at least that Luke is not in hiding/missing, which is good.

Second:

Adam Driver's character, a villain, is searching for a Kaiburr crystal, which gives all Force-users their power. He wants to use it to either destroy or turn all Force users (or something, the rumor's unclear). When he unleashes the Kaiburr's power, Luke absorbs all the dark energy it releases and apparently turns into some kind of giant blob.

Like I said, I'm almost 100% sure that the second is false (I don't see that happening in a SW movie), but the first is certainly interesting.

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I say The Beard must duel The Hat, only by defeating K'Krukh can Skywalker's legacy be assured! [face_devil]

14. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Like the first one

15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Unless it's cuckoo-nut-job Luke, not trying-to-convince-Han-of-the-truth Luke. If Adam truly is a good guy and Luke's just attacking him like a madman, it comes off better for Han and Luke. Not that I have a problem with Han, but Luke doesn't deserve that–but I have no reason to assume that's true; most indications are that Adam's a villain, and more of late it seems he might be an undercover villain, so it's more likely that Luke is trying to warn Han of that than anything else.

16. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
  17. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Well, I'm now sick to my stomach. The latest rumor is being taken pretty much as fact. Lots of people who claim to have sources are all agreeing, and it's absolutely the worst case scenario for Luke. I'm DONE with Star Wars. They won't get another penny from me for a film, a book, a comic, or anything else. Time to toss out my old book collection too.

18. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    That sounds terrible.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    That's not the worst rumor. The last one is horrific.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Nobody "knows" anything. Call me when they start releasing official production photos and trailers.

Vthuil, Jedi Ben, JediMatteus and 4 others like this.
  21. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    so what is it that is so bad about the rumor. the young people are overmatched so they look for Luke to help them. It does not mean he has been misisng for 30 years. CoW don't give up until episode 7 comes out. the blob rumor is pure bull. will not happen

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    That last one.........No Words for how terrible that is.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Episode 7: The Coming of Waru! You will never guess who assumes the identity! Come on, it's total, 200% proof bollocks!

You what? Let's translate a couple of your sentences into a more accurate take:

Lots of people desperate for attention claim to have info about a film that's more than a year away from coming out and they decide to go online and crap stir with it to get the attention they're so desperate for.

There is but one response: You take a couple of ghost chilli burger torpedoes, fire them up the arse of the rumour-mongers and then watch a few seconds later as their entire digestive system does its best impression of :

[​IMG]

As for throwing out your book collection, don't be so dumb - what of your namesake here? You going to forget all about Child of Winds? Forgot all the good stuff you have enjoyed greatly? I say thee NAY! Giving into this stuff is not the way!

Precisely! Exactly the point!

EDIT: Or to put it another way.....

Epi-sode 7 rum-our det-ect-ed....

[​IMG]

EXTERMINATE IT!

24. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Everyone has the right to react as they choose. While it saddens me that CoW may well be truly done with SW I respect her feelings and choice. [:D] ChildOfWinds If you'd like to chat, luv, you can PM me. It may take a few days to respond though.

I don't care about the rumours but my interest in Disney Wars is very thin at the moment.

JediMatteus likes this.
  25. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Well looks like I haven't missed much.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.