main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...You mean Corellian Treaty, right?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Han Solo trilogy does suggest that Alderaanians in general, including Bail, took a while to become involved in the various rebellions that were going on. Maybe Rebels will take a similar approach.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    re: Luke as a cyborg

It's a damn rumour.

That said - what if the cyborg appearance was one massive Force illusion?

Why do that? "Attack! He is but a cyborg! He cannot use the power he once commanded!"

Cue one big arse-kicking....

"How!? Your power was diminished, you are a fraction of what you were!"

Luke's reply: "Whoever said I was?"

4. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

Mother f....

Yes. :p

5. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Admittedly I don't want to see Luke off world or meeting the crew of the Ghost. But I would like to see an episode of him on Tatooine. Either swooping, racing his T-16 Skyhopper, or avoiding Tuskens and see a wizened Obi-wan watching over him. Unlike Clone Wars, war hasn't started yet at least offically.

So far the Rebels hits a lot of cameos in the first 3 episodes.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  6. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    [​IMG]

Luke Skywalker and the ragtag band of rebels fighting against the Galactic Empire are fresh off their biggest victory yet—the destruction of the massive battle station known as the Death Star. But the Empire’s not toppled yet! Join Luke along with Princess Leia, smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca, droids C-3PO and R2-D2 and the rest of the Rebel Alliance as they strike out for freedom against the evil forces of Darth Vader and his master, the Emperor. Written by Jason Aaron (Original Sin, Thor: God of Thunder) and with art by John Cassaday (Astonishing X-Men, Uncanny Avengers), this is the Star Wars saga as only Marvel Comics could make it!

JASON AARON (W) • JOHN CASSADAY (A/C)

Star Wood is dead long live Star Aaron.

Good thing about the synopsis, Luke is mentioned as the lead. :) Woot!

7. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    I've got so much YAAAAAAAASSSSSSS for that cover, I just...I can't even. [face_hypnotized]

Ugh. Does Marvel sell digital comics? [/famous last words]

8. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    @Revanfan1f:

I would absolutely LOVE it if we found that Luke has been training Jedi in secret! That would be AWESOME!

Didn't that blogger's source also tell him that he heard that Luke would be the villain?

All I can say is that I certainly HOPE so, but I"m afraid I'm just wishful thinking.... It concerns me that we haven't heard ONE positive rumor about Luke in Episode VII. It also concerns me that Mark Hamill didn't seem to be in England all that much. I've heard lots of actors and visitors to the set mentioning the new characters, "Harrison", and even Carrie Fisher, but no one has mentioned Hamill. The only filming we know for sure that he did was on that Skelig island, and only Daisy was there with him. All of that worries me. It seems as though Luke definitely won't be in the film all that much, that's for sure.

It also bothers me that apparently folks have seen leaked photos of just about all of the characters... except for Luke. In my opinion, that's NOT a good thing. :( :mad:

@Nom von Anor

Well, it would certainly be disrespectful of Luke too.

Matt Skywalker:
    I did record the movie and the episodes, but I haven't watched them yet.

Do you really think Luke will make an appearance in Rebels?

Welcome back, by the way!

Jedi Ben:
    You're right, and I would probably not give it as much credence if concept art of Luke had been seen by anyone, and if there weren't so many rumors about Luke being evil; being a Sith; being a cyborg out there while there are none of Luke doing anything good.There don't even seem to be any rumors about Luke as a Jedi Master or about him having trained other Jedi. In fact, the rumor is that there ARE no other Jedi at the beginning of episode VII. If that's true, it would be a horrible waste of 30 plus years to have Luke accomplish NOTHING.

Well, that would be rather fun. However from the rumors I've heard about the film, the filmmakers don't seem to be that creative. I hope they prove me wrong!

Matt Skywalker:
    Wow! That cover is fantastic!

Isn't it interesting that this seems to be a total redo of the same timeframe of the Woods comic? I really hope the story is a LOT better than that one, and I hope Luke's characterization is massively improved over the Woods comic.

HA!!! If the rumors are to be believed, the Empire won't be "toppled" yet even at the beginning of Episode VII!

Sounds good!

One thing I don't understand though is why they are starting out with three separate titles that all seem to take place around the same time? Couldn't they have just used what will be the Vader story and the Leia story as future plots in this new series that includes all the main characters?

@ThreadSketch
    It *is* pretty good, isn't it?![/QUOTE]

JediMatteus and Iron_lord like this.
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, I could at least see two or three Jedi. Don't know if we'll get that, but I'm hopeful. Remember, we have Pip Andersen, Crystal Clarke, Christina Chong, and that guy from Game of Thrones in addition to the main cast, so they could be playing Jedi. (Of course, Chong and the GOT guy were rumored to be playing Elite Stormtroopers, but we don't know for sure.)

Honestly, I'm not sure who's told who what anymore.

Think about this, though: what do we know?

-We know, based on concept art, that Daisy Ridley is probably living in a wrecked AT-AT on a desert planet and later becomes a Jedi.
    -We know that her companion crashes a TIE Fighter on her planet. We think this is John Boyega.
    -We know they find a lightsaber.
    -We know that there is a cyborg villain. This has been rumored to be Luke, Adam Driver, and Domhnall Gleeson.
    -We know that there are chrome stormtroopers. We believe Gwendoline Christie commands them.

That's not so much, after all. I don't think Luke will end up being the cyborg. Or, for that matter, Gleeson. Especially if he's Luke's son.

10. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Do we really KNOW all those things, though?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    There probably is a cyborg villian, that has some connection to vader, but not Luke.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Based on the concept art, yeah, although they could have changed before the final movie, this is true. So the only things we really know are:

-Desert planet (Abu Dhabi filming)
    -Some kind of Rebel base (Greenham Common filming)
    -X-wings
    -Millennium Falcon
    -Some kind of island (Skellig Michael filming)
    -A forest battle with stormtroopers present and Han yelling "Run, Chewie"
    -Bob

13. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    I love that you included him. [face_laugh]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    'Cuz I just had to...

[​IMG]

Revanfan1, I feel like mavjade's slogan of "It's so fluffy" couldn't be more appropriate. [face_laugh]

Revanfan1 and Tim Battershell like this.
  15. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    That picture is so, so funny. Mark looks so done. And the dog is like, "HI LOOK AT ME! I'M SITTING ON MY HUMAN!"

ThreadSketch likes this.
  16. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    You mean, "O HAI THAR, I IZ SITTIN ON MAH HOOMAN!" :p This thing's just begging to be Cheezburger-ized, heh.

Am I bad for now thinking of him as Jedi Santa Claus, LOL?

17. Trisdin Gheer

Trisdin Gheer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2013
    Staar Wars surely?

18. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    *snerk* :p

As silly as Zahn's clone-naming idea was, I love it for the bottomless supply of LOL-generating. Like Sheev. ;)

19. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    Zahn's "unique" naming of clones.:p

Guys Im starting to wonder if that Beard is a front. Like I imagine it being cleaned up considerably on film.

20. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    I'm quite amused at the roller-coaster swings in opinion over Teh Beard at this point - it started out like, "Wha? Ew, no..." to "GUUUUH IT'S HAWT" and now back to, "Erm, the Grandpa is strong with this one/JUST STAHP, PLZ." [face_laugh]

I wonder if he's just growing it out now to see if he can reach ZZ Top length. :p

21. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    One can only hope, but considering its Abbrams I can imagine him doing this as a way to troll fans.

22. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    Also thanks for the welcome Child :)

23. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    perhaps JJ is taking liberally from Zahn's & EU novels. I know they mentioned legends will be 'legends ' but I remember reading they will be taking aspects of the EU and applying them to the movies/films/shows/novels moving forward. Perhaps Luke 'goes dark' as in Dark Empire -in an attempt to understand why his father went down that path. Remember he probably doesn't know Padme is his mother-unless R2 somehow tells him or its mentioned his dialogue. I too do not like the aspect of Luke going dark its too contrite and frankly 'all too easy'. Perhaps the Jedi hero's first mission is to somehow pull Luke back in Ep VII?

24. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

Guys... this got me thinking. Maybe Palpatine's real name is "Shev", and the one we know as "Sheev" is really a clone!!?!!1!!

ThreadSketch and JediMara77 like this.
  25. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    ROTFL. [face_rofl]

It's not much of an improvement, though. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.