main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    COW! [:D]

Now that one, I could see being plausible. Infuriating and exasperating, but certainly Hollywood plausible.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Don't freak out CoW. we dont know yet

3. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    Nothing is definite. I wouldn't make up my mind until some actual, concrete information was released. Should the Big Three all appear (as their modern selves) in the next trailer, that will shoot that rumor down rather quickly!

4. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    having said that, if they botch Luke in this series, his character, power, or make him look bad, then i will reject Disney Star Wars. I am that serious. It will be tough for me, because Star Wars has been with me for almost 40 years.

Abadacus likes this.
  5. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014
    I read it directly from MSW, Jason is making the assumption since he hasn't found anything concrete storywise related with Luke aside of the one scene. But he even admits he's going off info he has and there could be a lot of stuff hidden. Which is obvious, JJ said there are some rumors true and some false so its obvious that MSW is gonna miss a bunch. But I doubt they had Mark get in shape, grow a beard, stay in England for a few months to film one scene. Mark also confirmed he walked in the Falcon, so all those rumor sites are not getting everything. Especially when LFL knows that audiences want to again see the Big 3.

ThreadSketch, Dante1120 and Jedi Ben like this.
  6. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    I agree with what you say, but the guy claims to have all of the call sheets from the film, and the only time Hamill is on the call sheet is for that filming that was done at skeeleg michael. He also claims to know the whole story and that Luke wouldn't fit in anywhere else in the crowded film.

7. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    He also claims that there could be stuff hidden from what he read. Considering all the farfetched rumors we read so far what makes this the most believable ?

8. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
  9. Dante1120

Sep 5, 2006
    People can 'claim' a lot of things.

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I'll just stay sane by not reading all this stuff! I urge you to do the same, on my part it was an excellent decision because all the stupid rumors just riled me up.

11. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    Yeah, I'll remind ppl that crazy cyborg Luke was a thing for a while cause MSW believed it. Remember crazy cyborg Luke ?!?! I mean seriously we were worried that was gonna happen ?
    :p

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  12. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Nobody panic yet; it's possible the call sheets MSW got were faked, or that the rest of Luke's scenes were kept secret off of call sheets. It's still very possible that Luke could have more than thirty seconds of screen time. And even if not, he'll likely have a huge role in VIII.

13. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Reading spoilers ahead of time really means nothing until you park your butt down in the theater seat and finally see it, period. I've been reading spoilers here and there and I'm like, "Okay, whatevs, let's see how much - if any of it - actually happens." Remember the good ol' days when the rumor mill said that ROTJ would have Han and Vader "fused" together somehow so that Luke would be faced with too great a dilemma to destroy Vader? 8-}[face_laugh] I mean, wow, good call on that one. :p

Revanfan1 and Dante1120 like this.
  14. Dante1120

Sep 5, 2006
    My favorite was for Revenge of the Sith where Anakin, after getting his limbs cut off by Obi-Wan, would still duel him with his original blue saber AND his Vader saber.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Vthuil, BigAl6ft6, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yep, that was begging for that invoking!

'"tis but a flesh wound!"

17. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    And I was all too eager to deliver. ;)

But really, ChildOfWinds, I know not all fans are alike; some are more deeply affected by stuff like this, so it's much easier said than done, but the best way to deal with spoiler anxiety to just have a good laugh at it. A lot of comedy has ensued over the years from crazy things being "leaked" and then they come to naught and the hindsight is hilarious. The TFA Luke spoilers have now been all over the place, and when you look back at the initial ones all the way to the newest one, they're so incoherent. :p We'll probably get something that touches on a bit of everything, or it'll be [Monty Python] something completely different [/Monty Python], and we won't be fully disappointed or thrilled until the movie finally comes out. I never set foot in theaters anymore, so more than likely I won't even see it myself until other fellow JCFers have viewed it and I can read their opinions before bothering to spend money on a ticket, lol. (I'll also be prepared. I don't mind not going in totally blind to enhance the experience.)

In the meantime, it's nice to remember what we do love about Luke that the OT and parts of the EU got right, and even if the film turns out to be a major bummer, it's not like that earlier stuff can be completely erased from existence. Canon, schmanon - ALL of this is fiction, lol. If the onscreen Luke is awesome, more the better for us. If onscreen Luke sucks, then long live the Luke Skywalker of our hearts.

18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Nothing, nothing beats the Coruscant Zoo.

19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hey, think of it this way. If Luke's in the film for 30 seconds, we'll have literally no idea what he did between ROTJ and now. That leaves 30 years' worth of books of Luke adventures! =P~ [face_dancing] :cool:

20. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Somehow a TFA Luke cameo would remind me way too much of this clip. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i hope if Luke is all but ignored in this new trilogy, he better be a major focus in comics and novels. Luke's whole prime has been taken away, they better do a good job and fill in all that time.

22. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    SOMEBODY GET THIS GUY TO COME BACK AND DO IT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 and Dante1120 like this.
  23. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I could see Mark only doing a cameo in 7. It is likely the 'kids' will have the limelight given the culture we're in, but I won't equate either of those possibilities to mean Luke 'did nothing' for 30 years.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Perhaps, the bigger issue to me is that Ep 7 will place the endpoint of Luke's story from ROTJ and will inevitably greatly influence that tale.

"We're taking an awful risk here Abrams, this had better work." :D

Iron_lord, JediMatteus and Abadacus like this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Got my copy of HttJ. Smaller than expected but still a very nice looking book.

JediMatteus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.