main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Also JB loves the old mentor archetype.... being that he's my old mentor. :p

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Given I've just finished managing an intern who got her results as she was working for me, yeah I'm feeling older. First time I've formally line managed someone - but she made it so easy, everyone liked her work, her approach and attitude - I'm certain she'll do well.

Over here, Wordery decided to do an extra 10% if you buy 2 or more books. Oh, well, in that case, yeah, I'll grab those Journey to The Force Awakens quintet then on the cheap!

This includes Luke Skywalker: Weapon of A Jedi.....

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  3. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015

Okay, those do look cool, but what's up with the art on the second one?

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    What do you mean? It's simply a different art style.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  5. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
  6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, you thought they were by the same artist? Nope.

First is Phil Noto, second is Pascual Ferry.

7. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Ah. Well thank you for the information. I'll be sure to check it out.

8. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Thanks, Darth pevra

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    How did you manage to get them before Friday?

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I haven't, they're pre-buys. Wordery take money at point of order. But that extra 10% off only goes up to 31 Aug, so had to use it quick.

They'll send as soon as soon as they get them, might be 10 Sept or could be a few days before as UK sellers don't always go by the street date.

Aftermath was just over £12.50, Lost Stars under a tenner and the Luke, Han, Leia books just over £6.50. For hardbacks, it's a good deal.

EDIT:

I think we might like Aftermath given these 2 quotes over in the threads, both posts are spoiler-coded, so it requires 2 clicks to access! You cannot accidentally access them!

Luke / Empire info:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-release-info.50028106/page-100#post-52645654

It's just a killer description of Luke that is what a few of us have been wanting for years.

Leia:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...e-release-info.50028106/page-95#post-52644524

We've see Leia do great speeches before, this is another one.

11. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Those are good snippets from the book, JB! I wonder how much Luke, Han, and Leia will be in it? Probably not much, if at all.

Oh, okay about the preorder. It's good that you got a deal! I have already ordered Aftermath too, but I just ordered a kindle version. Knowing how bad the old EU got, I decided to spend as little as possible. At least, this time I'm buying and not getting it from the library. I guess I should order the Luke book too, shouldn't I? Poor Luke seems to be totally forgotten these days. He isn't in any of the magazine articles on the film; nor was he on that poster that people got at a con recently. :(

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, hard to say, but, if done properly, a little use of Luke, Han or Leia goes a long way.

13. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    In fairness, neither was Leia; the only one of the Big 3 who was on the poster was Han, and he's really been the only one who's been advertised. The focus has been, rightfully so I might add, on the new characters; that way, when Luke does appear in the film, it'll be a real treat. Plus, judging from the reaction to the leaked photo of him, he's far from forgotten. He's also the only one of the Big 3 to have a new canon book (prior to the Journey to the Force Awakens campaign) since the reboot was announced. And once Weapon of a Jedi does come out, he'll have had two.

I'm not worried at all.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

The first one looks awesome. The second one looks dorky...like Disney cartoon. My only problem with the first one is this: Is Luke strong enough to carry his late father's cyborg body? Vader is extremely heavy. Still, it is good artwork.

ChildOfWinds and Davak24 like this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    As I say, both styles are very distinct.

The current theory is Luke was using subtle TK assist on Vader's metal corpse.

16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Makes sense. Luke is that powerful. Lol. It's a rather morbid thing to wonder about, but it is poignant, given all we've said about the similarities and differences between Luke and Anakin.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    A neatly subtle Luke bit from the preview for Shattered Empire #1:

[​IMG]

18. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Sounds like fun!

19. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Unnecessary scene is unnecessary.

Abadacus likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Why? Rucka's known for a lot of things but not unnecessary padding.

Master_Lok likes this.
  21. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Just dropping in to tell you that Weapon of a Jedi is a really great Luke story and you should all pick it up. ;)

ChildOfWinds and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, if Wordery actually sent my bloody copy, I could start reading it, couldn't I?

23. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    That's why you should have a kindle. ;) or use a kindle app.

Thanks for the good news, Gorefiend. I have my copy on my kindle. Now, I just need to find the time to read it!

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't like e-readers.

25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Not bad preview. Not quite sure it fits into the movie though, considering Luke flew out of the launch bay about 2 seconds before the thing was on fire, and everybody else was busy flying away from the soon to be destroyed Death Star. Liked the bit that showed Luke, even in a Lambda, dodging easily, we haven't seen pilot Luke much (have we?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.