main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v4)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMatteus, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    A Jedi who saved the galaxy.

If he spent the rest of his life as a school teacher, farmer, or whatnot then he'd be using his life well.

But we know he spent it building a Jedi academy.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    And that was Taken from him too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yep.

Leia got it worse, though.

4. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    True. But I'm very concerned about Luke's alignment on the future.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  5. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

I got it from the person's post I was replying to.

JediMatteus likes this.
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Where do you get these ridiculous theories from? That's the most outlandish one I've heard about Snoke so far. How do you steal midi-chlorians?

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I agree . Weird theory

8. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    1. I'm thinking there is no way Ben Solo would actually follow someone low on the dark side hiearchy. I mean

Snoke with a stormtrooper uniform: Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength we will find out what your uncle is keeping from you and make you king of Alderaan.

Ben Solo: RiiiiGhT...... walks a way.

So who would he actually follow?

2. Luke obviously is in exile, no one knows where he is and he wanted to keep it this way.... why? If not one, then he cannot win against Snoke, so he got his midichlorians sucked out of him (See Louis Cha's novels), specifically The Smiling, Proud Wanderer

9. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    What's wrong with wearing armor? If anything I thought the Clone Wars Jedi were or'dinii for not wearing full armor on the battlefield.

10. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    What I meant was if you were a storm trooper in the hierarchy of the empire / first order, you were basically lowest of the low. Think of as a private in the army. No way a commissioned officer (I'm thinking Ben Solo would be a commissioned officer rank at least) would actually listen to the private's advice or follow him or her into battle based on the advice.

Snoke needs to be moff or am admiral ranked person for him/her to have enough influence on Ben Solo so that Ben would actually give Snoke the time of the day.

---

Also it just came to me as I type this message, but it was Luke who burned Vader's body on Endor. Would he leave the pile of ashes with Vader's mask? He didn't stay until the embers were gone? Didn't notice there was a half burned mask?
    Who else could have access to that mask?

11. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm pretty sure armor is available to anyone in the Empire's hierarchy. It doesn't say anything about rank, only position. If you're in the field and you don't like shrapnel you wear armor.

Well Vader's armor got torn up all the time, only to be replaced. He probably has a whole closet full of replacement masks in his fortress. Recall Grievous' lair.

12. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    hm...

So it's actually NEU C'Baoth?

13. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think the hints in Aftermath: Empire's End are pretty intriguing. Imo Snoke is something more than a mere Sith Lord - he's something that has been out there for ages, watching and waiting. We're talking an evil that even Palpatine described as a possible "source" of the Force, or of the Dark Side itself.

14. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    So he's going to be worse than Palpatine? So, where has he even been all these years?? Why didn't anyone know about him?

Wow! The episode viii spoiler boards are in an uproar over Trevorrow's new film, The Book of Henry. It apparently got scathing reviews and now a lot of posters are worried and are saying that Trevorrow should be dumped and not allowed to helm episode ix. I really know nothing about him, and I haven't seen any of his films. What do the rest of you think about this?

Vialco and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Alas, we know now that Chuck was just throwing that out there. I have the suspicion we'll never learn Snoke's backstory in the films, only the books.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Wait, we do..? I've not read that, do you have a source..?

(I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case, incidentally!)

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, it's recent but disheartening news all the mysteries of The Force Awakens actually had no answers. Snoke, Rey, and the FO don't have backstories. They just made them up without them and let the next writer handle it.

anakinfansince1983 and Vialco like this.
  18. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Interesting; how does that translate to Wendig's books, though? I can understand if they had no answers in TFA (well, barely). But to still not have answers by this year..?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Mark Hamill's tweets are hilarious and disheartening. He asked who Snoke was and his relationship to Luke was.

"I dunno" was the answer he got.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He's not going to tell us this early in the game.

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    It's also a bait and switch which doesn't really need to be made. I think it's very likely they don't think they NEED a backstory for Snoke.

He'll just be like the Emperor until someone does a book like Luceno.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ah, I saw a headline like that but didn't read the article due to trying to avoid spoilers and/or lack of interest in sequel trilogy and fear it would turn out to be that bad. So it is that bad, meh, no surprise, not after how stupid TFA was. No wonder Rey's background doesn't make much sense so far. I'm not sure how much is due to JJ and how much is due to laziness on Disney's part.

Not sure, but were there comments that Luke wasn't even going to appear in TFA originally, not even that last 30-second appearance? Not sure if that was just rumor or that was their original plan. JJ already showed a poor grasp of Star Wars' story (Artoo wasn't even going to be in that last scene originally until Rian Johnson requested it).

The whole search for Luke Skywalker had plenty of plotholes from the start anyway. The happy ending of RotJ just had to be run over to make way for the sequels, huh? Well, they did have several decades of peace, but just wish it hadn't had to end in such a... cliche way. Nephew turns evil, Luke vanishes. Even from the Han and Leia scenes it was clear they weren't sure what happened to Luke either, which is why Poe had to go ask some random old guy (waste of a great actor) for a partial map to Luke Skywalker (whereas Artoo just couldn't be bothered to help out until later).

Wendig set up a possibly interesting mystery, but hard to tell if it'll ever be properly followed up. Still not quite comfortable with the idea of a darkside entity, if that is what Snoke turns out to be. The OT and prequel movies did fine with Paplatine, if they try to go for an eldritch abomination, its hard to pull it off properly (look at how weird Abeloth in FotJ was, but then everything about FotJ was poorly done).

23. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Hey. Abeloth was my favorite vilain.

24. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I actually liked FOTJ

25. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Well, SOME have answers. Rey's parents are established. TFA just doesn't straight-out answer the question of who they are.

Althoigh of course it depends on who you ask :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.