main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SOS - SON OF SKYWALKER : YOU (THE FANS) ARE MY ONLY HOPE!! SAVE ME... (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Skydancer, Feb 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Jedi Ben:
    Re: The post that wouldn't post...
    It might have had something to do with making each letter of a short 4-word phrase a different colour!

LOL! Too bad you couldn't do it! That would have been something to see! ;)

Re: Recent lack of posts...
    Simple, a friend was over from Canada and she visited for a couple of days, so was busy seeing here and talking and stuff, had a great time.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy some time with a friend! And I'm glad that was the reason that you didn't post.

MasterSkywalker86;
    Don't Panic.
    that should be COW'S 1# phrase!!

Don't you mean that's the Number One comment you should MAKE to calm me "CoW" down? ;) LOL!

well you did say Gl phibs about ROTJ being his last movie, so maybe we'll see it.

I suppose there's a SLIGHT possibility. I guess I always look at things involving SW a little bit pessimistically. ;) You, on the other hand, are always more upbeat.

but how did he protect himself from not distingrating ? possibly using the force to shield himself ?

Yes, I think that's what he did.

well first off luke has worn black ever since ROTJ(and looks cool with it). but the cover has him without his lightsaber and just eletrocuting all the killiks, so i don't think he falls to the dark side,

Yes, it's the lightning that bothers me. I hope that lightning isn't indicative of Luke's fall to the darkside. :(

but i feel Jacen is following down that path.

I just can't shake this bad feeling I have that Denning is going to make Jacen out to be the hero, the one on the right path somehow, even though *I* wouldn't say that it seems that Jacen is on the correct path. FAR FROM IT!

And I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want that baby to be Jacen and Tenel Ka's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I'm sure it is. :(

Han: Hey kid! I betcha you can't fly yourself in 12 parasecs or less in the Kessel Run. I'll race ya Jr.
    Luke: Your On!
    I certainly don't remember him doing that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't

That would be fun to read about.

Jedi Ben;
    Uh oh! Scarier than what has already happened?
    * Yes, but you'll like the decisive response to it!

I hope so!

Morons definitely DON'T make good heroes!
    * Someone better tell DR that!

I think it's already too late! :(

Oh, fiddlesticks! No decent rant!
    * You'll have heard it all before anyway!

That's okay. I don't mind a rerun! ;)

MasterSkywalker86:
    well JB so far it's been a good experience, but i can't assume too much, i only been there for 8 days or so.

I'm glad things have been good for you so far, but I agree that 8 days isn't much to go on. I hope you can say the same thing after 88 days. :)

2. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    well i posted this on the luke skywalker is a wimp thread, but i think everything here is canon, also it's good to hear what luke has done in the past. since NJO..... well you know the rest.;)

ok skywalker singh agree to disagree then on the battles i mention, but luke has done many incredible feats with the force(i think someone already posted a list) and also has battle the most powerful sith around.

First he owns some of the most powerful sith around.

The Emperor- Luke defeats the Emperor Reborn(Sidious is at full potential, while luke hasn't even reach half.)

Darth Vader- Luke defeats him before he became a jedi knight with incomplete training.

Exar Kun- Luke taught his students well and as a force ghost he channels the light with Kun's Master to defeat the old Sith.

He defeated Gantoris, who was becoming a very a exceptional student.

Next he has defeated the Emperor Reborn dark jedi/ apprentices.

He defeats Dathormi witches.

He defeated Desann's Reborn dark jedi and also some Ragnos Cultists.

Spoilers

He defeats Alema while fighting off Gorog with ease and he had so many chances to finish her.

Next he kills Welk while he was at the disadvantage.

End of Spoilers

he defeats about 10 Shimmara's Slayers which no body could sense in the force.( which Kyp himself gets owned by).

o before he was a jedi in SOTE he own Guri, and she was a very good assassin droid, if i remember correctly.

So Bantam was toning him too down with the duels between him and Kueller.( also we didn't see luke give his all with Nyax( read TUF he was holding back) tahiri only manage to do what she did, because he couldn't sense her. I totally agree with you that they have made luke underpowered in some books, but i'm glad they're bringing luke's true power back.

I mean he has the force potential of anakin skywalker and he decides to give up the duel between him and Kueller(vader wannabe), and also i heard none of the characters were acting right in TCS(a blob from a different dimension, were they running out of ideas ?). also if there was ever a rematch between luke and Nyax, we would know luke would own. Nyax may have 6 lightsabers, but luke makes his saber act like 10, more like 20.

ChildofWinds

Don't you mean that's the Number One comment you should MAKE to calm me "CoW" down? LOL!

Hahaha!! that or simmer down now!!;)

I suppose there's a SLIGHT possibility. I guess I always look at things involving SW a little bit pessimistically. You, on the other hand, are always more upbeat.

i have been having some down times though, part of the reason i like this thread so much is people cheer you up. especially when you hear that "luke hasn't defeat any major sith threats or he is not powerful" from other fans.

Yes, I think that's what he did.

the man's like superman he used the force to shield himself from a expolsion and absorb At-AT laser canons, leviated a star destroyer, more powerful then a death star, he flies, and he is faster then a blaster bolt, he is none other then Super-Skywalker!!!:) thanks for the info Child.

Yes, it's the lightning that bothers me. I hope that lightning isn't indicative of Luke's fall to the darkside.

i don't think so, it's possible he might found the true way(real way) of the force. I think it's more a of a representation of his power.

I just can't shake this bad feeling I have that Denning is going to make Jacen out to be the hero, the one on the right path somehow, even though *I* wouldn't say that it seems that Jacen is on the correct path. FAR FROM IT!

really ? i keep getting the feeling that something is wrong with him, he was the hero of NJO,(i don't think they'll overplay it) but does he have his own cover like the big 3 ? i think the Big 3 are gonna end up as the winners of the story.

REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want that baby to be Jacen and Tenel Ka's

the supposed love child ? poor potentium baby

3. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Destinies is still hitting me with a bit of writer's block, but Seed of Darkness has been updated if any of you might want to read some angsty, dark and awkward K/J mush.

4. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    MasterSkywalker86;
    well i posted this on the luke skywalker is a wimp thread, but i think everything here is canon, also it's good to hear what luke has done in the past. since NJO..... well you know the rest.

Thanks for posting some of Luke's accomplishments.

Hahaha!! that or simmer down now!!

;)

i have been having some down times though, part of the reason i like this thread so much is people cheer you up. especially when you hear that "luke hasn't defeat any major sith threats or he is not powerful" from other fans.

See, and I think that's the fault of the authors and the publishers. For some reason, they have this idea in their heads that Luke has been portrayed as too powerful, so they keep doing whatever they can to keep him from accomplishing what they consider to be "too much" or exhibiting too many Force powers. This "omnipotent Luke" thing is really a myth when you actually think about what he has been allowed to do throughout most of the EU. Yes, a few authors, like Dave Wolverton in Courtship of Princess Leia got him right and had him actually USE his Force gifts. KJA had him do some spectacular things too, like the walking on lava. Unfortunately, KJA also made some really poor decisions with regard to Luke, like putting him in stasis so he wasn't available to accomplish much. Lots of authors did that sort of thing, making him sick or injured or using ysalimiri or a stupid star or something else to prevent him from showcasing the tremendous Force talents he supposedly has. It's very frustrating to see this great character under-utilized and underpowered in so many books by so many authors. Gifts should be USED, not wasted. :(

the man's like superman he used the force to shield himself from a expolsion and absorb At-AT laser canons, leviated a star destroyer, more powerful then a death star, he flies, and he is faster then a blaster bolt, he is none other then Super-Skywalker!!! thanks for the info Child.

Well, I don't know about the "faster than a blaster bolt or more powerful than a death start" part, but otherwise, you're welcome, MS! ;)

i don't think so, it's possible he might found the true way(real way) of the force. I think it's more a of a representation of his power.

Believe me, I REALLY hope you're right about that!

really ? i keep getting the feeling that something is wrong with him, he was the hero of NJO,(i don't think they'll overplay it) but does he have his own cover like the big 3 ? i think the Big 3 are gonna end up as the winners of the story.

Well, MS, you can't always tell a book by its cover. Do you remember Rebirth? Luke and Mara were on the cover, yet they were hardly in it at all. They looked like they were involved in a huge hand-to-hand battle in Remnant, but that wasn't in the book at all. Han didn't do anything really out of the ordinary in TJK, yet he was on the cover. So, just because Jacen isn't on the cover doesn't mean that he isn't going to be made the major hero out of the blue either.

REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want that baby to be Jacen and Tenel Ka's
    the supposed love child ? poor potentium baby.

Why couldn't Denning have given Luke and Mara another child instead, so Ben could have a sibling?

thanks, but i hope college won't be too long at least around here(i'm hoping to transfer).

Is that because you're moving soon?

also one more thing CoW do you know any good Sw single books with luke in them ? i'm looking for a short read til TUQ

Well, there aren't too many books with just Luke in them. The few books with Luke as a fairly main character are: Truce at Bakura, Courtship of Princess Leia, Survivor's Quest. Those are about the only one book stories where Luke is a major player.

Grand Admiral Wettengel
    Destinies is still hitting me with a bit of writer's block, but Seed of Darkness has been updated if any of you might want to read some angsty, dark and awkward K/J mush.

I may give it a look when I find a little

5. Skydancer

Skydancer Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2001
    Like roguejedi, I am having computer problems too - my old pc died last week. The computer guy came down today and it looks like we need a new fan. I haven't been online for a week now and it feels like a month. I'm hoping to go back online next week. I'm using the college computer on a weekend. Thank goodness for this lightspeed computerlab. Though I wish I can spend more time and read this thread. But this assignment took longer than I previously thought. I hate it when that happened! :_|

Btw, Jedi Ben, my kids love that Hitchhiker's guide movie - they watched it many times on our dreaded 20 hours flight from one continent to another.

Skydancer

6. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005

Well, I don't know about the "faster than a blaster bolt or more powerful than a death start" part, but otherwise, you're welcome, MS

well look at ESB where he force speed and jump at the same time. also in SOTE he saw things incredilbly slow and dogde blaster bolts(matrix anyone ?) i'm surprise in all the books i have read only SOTE had force speed.

sorry to hear the bad news skydancer, good luck with the new fan. I'll post more tommorrow, i need sleep. [face_tired]

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Well, with hitting 10k we're about ready for a SOS v.2.0 thread.

8. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    Well, uh no we're not. Do I curse every thread I'm in? That's why the first Anakin Solo thread was locked. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.