main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton sotr

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruins

Ruins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Every one in the Baldwin Boat!

I was also thinking of calling it the Baldwin Bandwagon.

Joss

2. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Lord knows I'm jumping on,

Check it out. Xpress Entertainment will now have a paypal account dedicated to the express purpose of receiving and tracking donations to the production budget with a specific rewards program in place to show our appreciation.

The site will have this page available very soon.

3. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Ok the final terms of the Baldwin contract are almost finished.

I'll need to be depositing regular funds into an escrow account in order to pull this off. The agent is very understanding about the process so we've worked out a system where I need $2500 by March 1st, another $5000 by May 1st and then the remaining $7500 by 2 weeks before shooting his scenes.

This will not be a problem as long as we stay on track. I can front the first $2500 out of my own paycheck because it's the least amount of money over the longest stretch of time but as the other deadlines get closer I don't want to risk pooching the whole deal.

So if anyone has an idea of where they want to be in terms of the action figures in the other thread or any of the rewards packages on the website, just let me know so I have an idea of what to plan for. Along these lines I wouldn't need any actual donated funds until April of 06 but if I have what would be considered 'pledges' I can figure out a rough idea of where we need to be.

As soon as the contract terms are finalized I also intend on hitting the Serenity fan sites as well since packages C, D and E from the site all include a certain level of interaction with Baldwin himself from watching him on set and receiving exclusive autographed photos to hanging out with him/us and coming to dinner with the cast and crew.

Let's work this big time. I promise everyone will see the worth and I wouldn't have any problem splitting the recoup $$ especially after the film is released and we have all of this very exclusive stuff regarding Baldwin and we will have the ability to market it without fear of infringement of any Lucasfilm copyrights. The last time I checked they don't have a copyright on Adam Baldwin.

EDIT : I just got the email from Adams agent. He's accepted the role.

4. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Sounds like things are picking up. Hope all is well in God's land of the Frozen Chosen. I'm glad you are moving ahead with this.

5. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Hey Kent, what it is.

Thanks for droppin by. :D

6. The-Yada

The-Yada Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
  7. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    heh right on everyone buy you firefly and Serenity dvds now for autographs lol

hey Mark, proud of ya buddy, ya done good

8. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    You are defintiely making progress by the sounds of it. I got a cute idea for you that I will PM to you. It is not really for the movie but it could be a fun thing for the gag reel.

9. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    ooh ooh. Gag reel stuff. Now we're talking.

Oh hey, while I'm posting, the Adam Bladwin thing is a no go again. Back and forth with this, oi. Apparently there was a gross miscommunication between his agent and I. I thought when I proposed an offer and he said ok that it meant we were in business. I guess I was wrong.

We're back to the drawing board on this one but hope is not lost. The next time I go in on this it will be fully armed with a SAG Indie contract and signed paperwork so there's no "mistakes".

10. The-Yada

May 10, 2005
    So is it totally dead? Or just on pause?

11. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    I'm not entirely sure. I know we can't approach the concept again until the money is in hand and ready and we are not able to use his name or likeness in any marketing campagin to help raise the funds either.

This is why I want to hold the brainstorming session. Where there's a will, there's a way to do everything.

Wednesday. 6 pm.

12. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Mybe you could make the gag reel I sent to you thru PM, film it and sell it on cons to raise funds. Just a thought!

13. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Hey there. Alex from Toronto here. This thread was pointed out to me by jellicle_jedi73.

I wish I was closer so I could help out. I have 2 working droids and I have been building sets and props for over 14 years.

I see the replies on the Browncoats site have been brutal. Hopfully things will work out with Adam so you can make them eat crow.

Regards

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

14. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah fans always get harsh when soemone undertakes something they themselves can't get the kahoonies to do

15. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Mark:

What did you think of the idea? And you never answered on the QC boards what you want for Christmas! Feel free anyone-I like to hear what people want.

16. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Ok,

The Browncoats people were quite civil. It was fireflyfans that were harsh and it was only the one guy. The funny thing about it was that the other people were carefully optimistic and even came to my defense when this one heckler revealed himself to be an enormous tool.

We may get Adam back and we may not. Right now I honestly don't care. I've learned a ton from this experience.

Never trust a verbal agreement with an agent, they're all swine. Make sure everything is signed on the dotted line before doing anything. There are other actors up for this role as well. I have decided that no matter what happens from this point on, no matter how exciting the news may be, I will stay silent about such developments in the future.
    Honestly until you see the bio up on the website nothing is official.

Kent your idea about Han and Chewie was hilarious. If we have enough time to shoot it I think it's a terrific idea.

And to be honest with you I don't collect Star Wars stuff, it's just not my thing. I'm so particular about anything I do acquire that it would be a seriously risky gift idea for me to do anything Star Wars. I could use a vacuum though and I do second the notion on the QC boards about the force being in balance once more with you guys.

The brainstorming session is at our place, 6 pm just so everyone knows.

17. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Well I got an audition DVD from Boyana Balta today finally.

It was the wrong one, for a part that has nothing even remotely to do with Star Wars but she's definitely quite talented and has the dynamic.

I asked her to send me another DVD. This is her test to see how focused she is on this part.

I also got the audition DVD from Johan Karlberg, the guy from Scandanavia who's willing to fly out here on his own dime to be part of the production. With the goatee he makes a pretty good Kyle Katarn. That should be interesting.

18. Ruins

Ruins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Christian Boeving!!! Isn't he like 8 time mr universe or somthing like that?
    That's crazy!

CRAZY AWSOME!

Joss

19. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Yeah and that's not the best part either.

He's constantly in 40 magazines at any given time, is always on tv, has his own web prescence and the projects he works on always follow him around. That's going to give us a lot of exposure.

Very down to Earth guy too. His agents email was simple and to the point and just asked me flat out to call Christian directly on his phone. When I talked to the guy he got more and more excited about the movie and the part as we went on. He absolutely loves the scraping a dead jar jar off the ship. He thought that was priceless.

When he brought up Christina Lindely I couldn't believe it. She's a close friend of his who is this quasi famous fitness model/actress as well.

I thought about using her for anything from a twi lek waitress or female star pilot all the way up to Aliska if Clarissa can't make it back on board. It just depends again on what these people look like on film and what the auditions are like. I'm paranoid about Aliska because she's such a complex character with so many levels to bring across on screen that I want to make sure it's casted perfectly.

Then there's a trade magazine based out of LA called Videomaker that wants to a piece on fan films in general which will then streamline down into individual projects. Ours will be featured heavily.

Once we get our SAG paperwork completed and bring Christian and Christina on board, Star Wars 3 and a Parsec will become listed on the Internet Movie Database as will it's entire cast and key crew.

In some sense we're all headed for at least a small bit of fame with this thing. How much will depend on just how big we can make the release. This project never ceases to amaze and shock me and I am still beside myself with how enthusiastic the bigger players are.

Part of it could be the story, part of it could be fact that it's Star Wars, and a big part could be that since Indie is gaining so much momentum and popularity right now, especially amongst the bigger actors, that the industry is loving us right now.

Whatever it is I plan to take full advantage and ride the wave as long as possible. Now more than ever it's seemed clear to me that anyone who wants to, could definitely get a career jump started with this project.

I owe it all to GL.

20. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Nahh dude he got ya inspired but it's been all you .

your a pro

Look at me. Look at me...pro

21. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005

Michael Gomez of VideoMaker magazine will be doing a piece on Episode III and a Parsec for the March or April issue. It will be an in depth article on the film, where it got started, how far it has come and where it's going. The issue will come out right around the time our shooting schedule begins. This is only the beginning.

22. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    This will be a day long remembered

23. The-Yada

May 10, 2005
    Starts with a dream, it does. Then grow into a reality it will!

24. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    nice Haiku

25. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    I'm losing my mind here.

I get this email from ACTRA Edmonton chick telling me no matter what contract I get, if I film in Canada I will have to use all Canadian actors. She obviously has no idea what she's talking about and that's scary.

I mean take the Assassination of Jesse James for example. Could they really come up here, and film in Canada with SAG actors like Brad Pitt and so on, and then hire out all these Canuck extras? Think of all the filming that takes place in BC that is US based.

So I tell her, hey, it's all good. I'm going through SAG Indie, they have detailed paperwork that takes care of everything so that SAG and ACTRA are in harmony. I know, I filled it out and faxed it back to them.

Is everyone in the entertainment industry a total moron? Because if they are, this is going to get very difficult.

Ok so, that was my rant. Now for the news. I'm going to be approaching Canon, Panasonic, Apple and Hitachi to seek sponsorship for our project through the donation of equipment. If you go to Panasonics webpage you will notice they are very into promoting the HVX200 right now and that is only good news for us. A new camera that is dying to be stretched to it's limits so that Pana can show off.

I'm feeling good about this. Then take into account that Apple donated computer products to Duality. An entertaining film that is now left in the dust by todays production standards. Since Secrets of the Rebellion seeks to do so much more in the way of compositing, rotoscoping, 3D modelling, CGI and environments, I think it will be a tremendous opportunity for everyone involved. We'll see how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.