main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton sotr

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    please kep me updated Mark, though I imagine there won't be to much there that needs my attention, but sadly I have a tournament/Highlandgames that day.

2. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Well have fun and toss a caber for me :cool:

3. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Heh, I won't be competing but I may take a lookout of the Fort for ya, I
    l stand on the walls and you can coem outside and yell 'Hector!' lol.

4. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Sounds good. Hey check it out man, I found the place on the camcorder where the power plug goes. When you see, you'll have a spazz attack!

5. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Aww dude your F@c%ing with me right?. We loked everywhere, I swore I was looking for the words BETA on it lol

I wanna se nextt ime we do soem stuff, lol we should just grab some cheap stunt swords and fight for a day , been years since I did that

6. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    We could choreograph our own random high heat duel and then rotoscope it later just for the hell of playin around. Make it look like the average fan film :p

But yeah, hackin and whackin, lots o fun.

(The DC jack for the camcorder is this tiny recessed hole on the bottom lip of where the battery locks into. You'd miss it if you weren't close enough to the camcorder to eat it. The search came out of neccessity though because the battery died last night and I needed to transfer our footage so I'd have free tapes for Erins rehearsals. I just refused to accept that you couldn't power it any other way than the battery, it's just wrong.)

7. The-Yada

The-Yada Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    You could've asked, I would've told you where it was at. I've had problems finding it before too!

8. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    'Information that could have been brought to my attention yesterday!!!!' lol

9. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    The character name of Aliska has always sort of bothered me just a little. I wasn't able to put my finger on it until this morning. It's almost as if it sounds a little too americana, like Alissa with a k in it. It's also a little difficult to say in some of the lines.

So I've been toying with Akila Malii-Sin (Ah-keel-ah Mall-ee Sin) It's more exotic, easier to pronounce and has a slight bit more edge to it in my opinion, but then again what do I know. Thoughts, opinions?

EDIT: That extra edge has too much Hun in it now lol.

10. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    nope, i like Aliska...

don't change it... the new name makes me thing of Attila, and thats not good

or it sounds like "I'll Kill Yah!"

sorry Mark.

11. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    LOL that's awesome.

And don't apologize, that's exactly what I need to hear and I appreciate the input.

Erin you never cease to impress me. First with the dedication to the role, then the concept design (she single handedly brought the Aliska look into true form folks. She whipped that pencil out and in 5 minutes put together a style that is everything the character should be without going over the top.) and now the name game.

You keep this up Erin and I'll make you Associate producer.;)

This was Lucas' Achilles heel. Not looking for enough feedback from his crew or even some real fans and accepting that maybe he didn't know everything. One slice of humble pie, order up!

12. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    agreed, Aliska is nice, Akilla makes me think of Atilla too

13. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Well folks tonight I just did a screen test for the role of Leia and I have to say I'm very impressed with what I saw.

Now previously I had Trisha Neden cast for Leia but things have changed. Recently the Twi'Lek character of Jarrin Si in the sabacc scene became a solidifed design and Trisha looks the part much closer.

See for yourself,

Trisha

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/Trish1.jpg

Jarrin

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/ice.jpg

Uncanny huh.

Secondly I picked up some interest in the Leia role from a young lady associated with the 501st through her mother. Now Sonia is the major Star Wars fan of the family but Lianna , her daughter, is catching on quickly and the poor girl hasn't seen ROTS yet. Isn't that adorable? lol

At first it came across as the proud mother act but the girl has the goods. She's very keen to drama and acting in general. She takes direction well and adapts quickly. Taking her down from the high strung habits of theatre acting was really not that difficult and it will not be long before the spirit of Leia is brought to the screen.

Lianna

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/liannagrad2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/Lianna.jpg

You just have to imagine her with dark hair and buns lol.

Finally a costume that will be relatively cheap and easy to make.

14. The-Yada

May 10, 2005
    Yeah, I'll have to agree with the girls on this one. I like Aliska as well. All the times I've heard or read it and I never once thought "Americana".

It looks like your getting a great cast together!

Oh, do you need that tape thing to play in VCRs? Or do you just dazzle everything to digital?

15. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Actually I'm having some problems with my Dazzle because I no longer have the sleeve the CD came in with my registration code. Tech support will have to help me there.

In the meantime I am archiving everything on VHS. It's been extraordinarily helpful in reviewing what needs to be worked on from a performance standpoiint and an excellent visualization tool. The audio from the interviews I conduct with cast members will be layered over live footage from the set for the making of videos.

The next thing I would like to do is set up headshots for everyone so I can post them in the Episode 3 and a Parsec photobucket folder. I'll organize all that on a individual basis. Though organizing a group event would get the job done faster, everyones schedules won't neccessarily match up.

Or will they . . . [face_thinking]

16. The-Yada

May 10, 2005
    Keep me informed. I'm outta town this weekend shooting a wedding up north, but I'll be back early next week.

17. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    I was going through the shot sequences planning my shooting schedules and something occured to me.

If I'm including Dash Rendar in this film by having him scrape Jar Jars remains off the Outrider, I should just make him the pedestrian that walks up to Solo and asks him if the ship has a name yet etc. A few changes of the lines and we're set.

Jimmy also already has a Dash Rendar costume. 2 birds, one stone.

18. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Cool. Sounds like it would work Mark.

19. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey can I play Dash? lol

20. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    You'd have to bulk up a little more, cut your hair and add some red highlights to it. If you can do that then I might consider it. Joss is also interested in the role and already somewhat looks the part. He's a bigger guy though. The two of you have opposite concerns when it comes to body type lol.

21. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I guess I'm definately out then :p Yet another reason I do the behind-the-scenes tech work. "I have a face for radio"

22. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Heh hey it's fine. I'm happy with being a fight choregpaher

23. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    Wellllll Now, Lieutenant Antilles!

24. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    She got it!!!! Yesssssss.

Now we just have to work on the other 45 lines and we're set. ;)

25. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm going over the moves we worked on Mark but it's been a while sicne I had a partner to train with so some stuff we may have to go through again, but that's natural.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.