Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    We have excellent footage of everything we've done so far. Should be a big help.
  2. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet, I can't wait. Got the Parks hilt here now and everything

3. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Thank you to Jason Clark for the first group of headshots and for making us look like gods, appreciate that lol.

There of course will be more to come as schedules permit and Ky-Wan and I can finally get back to the hackin whackin choreography this weekend too.
  4. DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Knight

star 3
    Mark I'm going to be bringing all the lightsaber blue prints
    I have been working on so far to the forcefest.
  5. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    smooth like butta. Lookin forward to it.

People I also need to cast the two Tomanic landing platform techs that give a play by play of Hans insanity of flying through the mountain and freaking out and whatnot. Any volunteers?

Oh and I need everyones opinion on a certain shot.

When the dish gets ripped off the Falcon inside the Tomanic caves on re entry should the shot be from the side like it was in ROTJ or should I try something new and shoot it from behind having the dish tear off and come flying toward the camera, and thus, the audience?
  6. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    2nd day of fight choreography went well. As always it was 80% dickin around and 20% work but you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way. I think the progress is moving well anyhow.
  7. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    but ya notice how much dickin around gets put in the film and goesinto moves :)

8. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    this is true.

It's surprising to be just messing around and then all of a sudden we fly off a bench or bounce off a corner and go "Hey let's use that!"

what just happened? ;)
  9. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah plus I've been looking at some stuff all night dreading the bank visit tomorrow

So I have a few more ideas

10. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    For the love of the force man, write them down!

I spoke to Erin. She's hella excited about learning the duel. Also her headshots should be ready very soon. I'm going to finally finish the shot sequences tonight after working on them off and on for a month. Man it's a lotta work.
  11. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't write them down. It's a mental thing. Glad she's excited. I'm excited too, as soon as we can I wanna start working with her. Yeah it's alot of work but it's good

:)

12. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I figure my logic for training can't be all flawed.

Since I know all of the Vader moves I could train Erin and Jason you would be ideal to walk the Vader through his moves to mirror what I've already been doing up to now. This also works more amiably from a scheduling standpoint as well. Of course there will be many occasions where all 4 of us will be drilling these duels together as well and before we shoot I'd like to break it down and focus on one act at a time.

I'm thinking I need to cast Vader earlier than expected.
  13. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Well yeah you always break fights down , it won't be pahse one or two type thing it will be like 3-5 moves at first then again and so on and so on.

Cool but I also wanna work with Erin to make sure she's covering things that were not only doing when we train but to make sure she's covering them in the best way for the move.

14. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    For those who don't know, the title has been chosen as Secrets of the Rebellion. With that out of the way I've begun applying for film grants to speed up production. Of course having the national film board of Canada located downtown doesn't hurt either.

I'll also be scheduling production meetings starting right . . meow.

Sunday August 7th, 2005. I will be discussing delegation of costuming duties and hopefully the 6 storm troopers will be there to get a clear idea of what their involvement will be.

I'll be going over "hellweek" and how tightly organized everything will have to be during that 9 day survival challenge to make all of this work. I'll be holding it at my place and I'm thinking of starting it at 4:00 pm.
  15. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Supertroopers!!!

Hurry up Meow

16. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Do I look like a cat to you boy? Bouncing all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Stop laughing right meow.
  17. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    'Do you need me out there, do you need my assisitance, my pressence'

18. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    After watching the featurettes on the OT DVD set there are a few things the film is missing that it is definitely not too late to update.

One is the element of humor. Typically comedic relief has been the job of droids. Now droids aren't a big part of my story but I think I'm going to have to have them involved in the process to flesh this out a bit more.

For example the concept of the dealer droid in the sabacc scene is something I think people will chuckle at and go "oh hey that's cool." but I also want to implement some other droid humor as well and there is plenty of opportunity for it. So far the elements of humor that exist with the cheeky dialogue between Han and Dash, and the little jabs some of the characters make at each other is quite fitting but I'd like to put more in there, even if it's background stuff. That's why Dash scraping what's left of Jar Jar off his hull was put in the film. It's a little cheer we all give but it's funny as well and maybe a little taboo.

The other element is Aliska using the force more. I like that we have her using it to stabilize the crystal in her light saber, mind tricking the imperial officer, and force pushing some stormtroopers but until today I didn't realize the one force using element we've been ignoring. Re gaining posession of a lost light saber. Luke does it in the Wampa cave in ESB, Mace does it at Geonosis in the arena in AOTC, Obi Wan does it at Kamino in the fight against Jango in AOTC (though it doesn't go well.)

Let's make sure she has to do that in the second duel.

19. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds good there would be more landscape so it would look better then just an empty room.

20. Stromtrooper_yogi Jedi Padawan

Greeting to the powers the be for making this film. You most likly have your storm troopers if not I would be willing to be of use. Or if there are any other areas that you need help in I would be willing. I have a wide back ground in the arts in performing and staging. I will send a resume if you wish. Just let me know what you need.
    Thanks
  21. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The 501 is providing at least 4 troopers, possibly more but I need at least six and would prefer eight. At any rate the more troopers the better. It may be in your best interests to show up at the production meeting this coming Sunday Aug 7th at 4 pm at my home address, posted earlier in this thread.

During this meeting I will be going over trooper duties, other positions, crew tasks, set design, logistics, scheduling and more.

If you want to get a jump on things you can contact me any time at kitfisto007@gmail.com
  22. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'll try and make it down. It depends if I have money for gas or not ;)
  23. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Erins headshot is finally done and I'm very pleased. The camera loves her and the expression on her face is very representative of Aliskas character. I can't wait till the rest of them are done. It makes me wanna retake mine now lol.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/Erin1.jpg
  24. The-Yada Jedi Knight

star 2
    For this paticular shot, I asked her to step into the mind set of Aliska... What can I say? She is Aliska!
  25. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Things looking great man :). Were making headway. Meeting this sunday for me is a negative as I work on sunday at 2:30 :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.