main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton sotr

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Please please lemme put the suit on just once!!!!! Bob anderson did it and he's like my hero, plus.....I wanna be Vader too!!!1

2. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    lol I thought that might catch your attention Jay.

I'm sure we can work something out.

It's my time. ( I think this should replace Matt Damon as the catch phrase of choice.)

3. Matt_Damon

Matt_Damon Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Myatt Day-mon!!! :(

5. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Well tonight on ebay I acquired shin guards, the ANH chestbox and a larger Helmet.

As I understand it the Rubies helmet is of the appropriate size coming in a bit bigger than the Don Post Classic Action helmet and once the tusks and lenses are replaced and the helmet is repainted, it makes an excellent looking costume piece. I can also breathe easier knowing that a $130 helmet will be lighter to wear and give me less of a heart attack if hit by a stunt blade than the bulky $800 fiberglass helmet.

6. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Everything is proceding as planned:)

7. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Not exactly as planned.

I found a really sweet chest box on ebay and I woke up early this morning to snipe it at the last second of it's run time. My computer froze and the auction ended with no bidders. I'm going to try contacting the seller to see if he'll sell it privately.

I gotta say, when that happened, I felt like Vader, fist in the air yelling "Noooooo!"

8. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    dude it couldn't have been that bad, keep in mind lol when were done I might try buying that suit off ya lol.

9. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Yeah just so when I become famous you can sell it on ebay as the "Archive Vader" from my breakout film.

Hey, it's the Secrets of the Rebellion Patented Vader.

In other news. I spent about $200 on material today. The good news is that it will cover the entire Antilles outfit and most of Aliska. And by most I mean the general outfit, sleeves, pants and cloak. The boots and buckles have yet to be decided. But I saw an amazing specimen at Millennium WEM that would be perfect for the torso buckle.

10. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    HA!! Dude after I'm teaching Tom Cruise how to fight for his next big film you'll wanna have that suit ready to have me sign it and auction it off at Celebration 4 as the suit I used before I replaced Nick Gilard and Bon Anderson as THE fight choreographer ;)

Nahh it might just be easier then looking all over for stuff if I can simply get it from ya ;)

11. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    I just scored a 10 foot by 12 foot blue screen backdrop for a mere $50 on ebay.

Now I don't feel as bad about the chest box thing.

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    *in Steweies voice*

'Yeah you doin, you doin gooood.'

13. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Just scored a 10 foot by 18 foot green screen with support clamps for $120. I'm on a roll baby. He shoots . . . he scores.

I gotta slow down though. Got expenses coming up.

The opening crawl is almost ready. Here she is in all her glory.

This is using the original fonts used for the OT.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/Actualcrawl.jpg

14. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Thanks. It's good to get feedback.

Ok, based on the circumstances I'll be holding another production meeting on Saturday October 1st. I hope as many people can come as possible. This one is going to be a biggie, at least an hour in length and cover the following topics with room for discussion and Q&A as well. . . .

The location for the meeting will be 13111 87 st Edmonton AB.

Orders of business for meeting
    October 1, 2005

Costumes

· Present costume construction at it?s current level.
    · Figuring out the plan for imperial officers.
    · Troopers, what?s real and what?s CGI.
    · Roll Call for the sabacc and hangar bay scenes.
    · Spice Miners, riff raff, bounty hunters, travellers, star pilots and aliens. Who?s who and where they will be. How progress is coming in that regard.
    · Vader. Who?s playing the character, whether there will be more than one for height differences from talking to officers and fighting Aliska.

Set Design

This portion of the meeting will be designated to the exact materials each set piece will be made of and how it will come together and then I will look for volunteers. I will have large detailed diagrams of each of these for easy reference.

· X-wing Cockpit
    · TIE Cockpit
    · Falcon Cockpit
    · Top of Falcon. (Just a 5 foot section, not the whole thing)
    · Jedi Star fighter Cockpit
    · Falcon ramp.
    · Destroyer work panels
    · Bar and barstools, stand alone tables.
    · Booth where the card game is played
    · Tech Desk / tech benches

CGI

· Which programs are being used for post production
    · How they affect what we do on set.
    · Titles and compositing.

Let's shoot for 4 PM again unless there's an overwhelming favor to later in the evening or earlier in the morning.

15. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm tentatively in, but I'm not sure at all when mid-terms fall for me, so if it's close to then, then I won't be able to make it. :(

16. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    I heard back from ROTS Chestbox ebay guy. He'll sell me the item for it's starting price.

Game, set, match. Now the bodysuit is all that remains. Funny I should come all this way with the Vader gear just to hand the part back to someone else but finally having a screen accurate Vader costume has been a goal of mine for some time. Kind of like the Predator thing.

I'm not even sure if the Calgary Vaders have ANH chestboxes or if they stick with all ESB and ROTJ gear. Either way the prop is a neccessity.

No more gathering of stuff. After all the Vader gear, the Antilles and Treyla Sielle boots, and now the chromakey backdrops I'm reaching $1000. Definitely enough to keep me busy all the way through Christmas.

17. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey , I should be ok for that meeting, way to go on the buys , if possible I wanna play Vader for fights, I was thinking this as I drove home. It's your call but I still wanna buy the suit when were done :)

18. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    ~pssssst~ Mark.....there is only one Calgary Vader...his name is Dave Wilder. He, like Henry, has spent in excess of $6,000.00 on his gear. That would of thrown a little wrench in your costuming budget.......:p I don't know which chest box he has....ask him! Or take a look at the gallery on Badlands.....any of the Calgary events will be Dave in his gear....otherwise if Henry is able to come down from Fort Mac, Dave is a Stormie.

19. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    The way I see it building a Vader is a win win scenario. For one thing it helps us tremendously in fine tuning what works and what doesn't for duelling.

Secondly Jay wants to purchase the finished product when it's done so I'll end up breaking even anyway. But I will definitely contact Dave and see what's up. I've sent him a PM on the badlands boards regarding the matter. Like I said I favor someone other than me being on screen for this. Thanks Ang.

20. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    He'll be at the show this weekend so you can meet him and see his gear then.

21. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yes Vader suits for all, I might have to buy it piece by piece but I'll eventually get it .

Oh yes it will be mine

22. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    So apparently the script has been getting around to many interested parties and I have no way of tracking that of course. As we all know, the final scene of the film has Vader sitting down to switch on a holo of Padme before it cuts to the Destroyer taking off after the Tantive 4.

This girl sent a headshot and is interested in being the template for that holo. What do you think, should I let her?

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/Nat4.jpg]

Heee hee yeah I wish.

23. The-Yada

The-Yada Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    Could we CG a holo of her? Really though it could be done. That would be sweet!

Count me in for the meeting.

P.S. Nice Scroll! And I don't just say that to everyone.

24. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I would make her try out, just in case... ;)

25. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    *right clicks*

and pic is SAVED!!!

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.