Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I redid the Aliska conceptual design that I spilled on. The new one actually looks better than the old one. I can't wait to unveil it. It has me pumped so tomorrow, I begin drafting patterns.

In other news . . this

http://spaces.msn.com/members/achilles-of-edmonton/Blog/cns!1pPIM2pYNv9nxU7PP3IbbR-Q!347.entry
  2. chickenchips Jedi Youngling

First of all, I'm just a lurker around here, and second of all if a person expresses interest in your "film", and sends you a picture, shouldn't you be "professional" enough to keep it private unitl you have made some sort of decision? Imagine how the rest of the people who are tentative about this are reacting right now. Not very professional to say the least.

I've been following this soap opera of a fan film, and I have to say I'm not impressed at all, I get a good giggle at every new post. I really think you've bitten off more than you can chew, it doesn't seem that you're in touch with all of the parties involed. This is just my opinion of course.
  3. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    If you have a personal concern regarding the scenario, please feel free to contact me. I'm sorry if I haven't been able to constantly remain in touch with everyone on a daily basis but I place plans in order of priority. There are certain stages that need to be completed in order before other ones can take place.

The only time I have ever posted a photo of a potential actor and then changed the actor for the role was in the case of Jarrin Si. The twi lek waitress in the cantina scene. That character was a creation of a friend of mine who decided she didn't want her character in the film because the concept argued with the continuity of what her character had been doing in online RPG's. But that's her decision, and I respected it so I altered the scope.

Projects like this are 90% planning and 10% actual action. If done the right way, everything runs smoothly and the project is an enjoyable experience for everyone involved.

I assure you I have not bitten off more than I can chew. If that were the case I wouldn't bother wasting everyones time, especially my own.

I devote 3 hours a day to this project, sometimes more. If I wasn't absolutely certain it would be completed I wouldn't be throwing my time and a whole heck of a lot of money down the tubes at it.

Did you create a profile just for the express purpose of antagonizing me? I don't understand what your intention is here.

None of the comments you made in that post are constructive in any way. If you had a beef with me or an opinion about the project, a "professional" course of action would have been to email or PM it to me.

Showing up on the boards at random under a sock account to shake someones cage hardly seems representative of the professionalism you seem to think I lack.

I've been planning this project for years. I've had the script laid out since January of last year. The catalyst for me quitting my job in Illinois and moving back to Edmonton was because the fan force here was more interested in helping with this than my old one.

I purposely chased after and got a position with a company I was technically underqualified for thanks to the strength of my conviction and my merits as a person so that I could have the income to pour into this project without it affecting my expenses of normal living.

I am producing, directing and starring in this all at once. To date I have over 50 people I keep in regular contact with to orchestrate the multiple aspects of making sure this stays on track. CGI, costuming, set design, lighting, studio time the list goes on and on.

I will be investing $30,000 into this and more man hours than I could ever hope to keep track of all for the love of the content and the determination to succeed. But it won't just be me. All of the very hard working individuals who contribute will have a piece of that pride for themselves as well. They will be able to say they contributed to something great and they will be greatly appreciated for it.

I'm doing this because in 10 years no one will care if I helped an office get set up with some imaging equipment. But in 10 years the ripples of this will still be felt. It's not just about taking a camera out and shooting some footage for the fun of it. It's about the process, the growth, the comradery. Nothing will ever take that passion away and nothing will stop the goal from being achieved.

There will be hurdles and roadblocks along the way, to be sure, but if it were easy, everyone would do it.
  4. Ruins Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Whoa! I think there might be a misunderstanding here. I think our "friend" there is just trying to look out for the best interests of a good looking young girl who's picture you posted on page 6 of this post.

BUT!!!

He missed the joke. That Pic is of Natalie Portman. Hence the "Heee hee yeah I wish." at the end.

Hope this helps clear the air.

Ruins
  5. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yeah cuz, you know, Natalie Portman is just banging down my door to be a holo in a fan film.

AHEM!

Anyways . . . without further ado Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, the logo . .

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a171/Kit_Fisto/Episode%203%20and%20a%20Parsec/LogoFinal.jpg]

Nice touch with the barely visible "tm" next to Star Wars Joss. Won't make a lick of difference to the human eye for the most part but keeps us out of trouble. Way to go. =D=
  6. Ruins Jedi Youngling

star 1
    [face_dancing] Thank ya' thank yah very mush.

Ruins
    AKA Web Monkey [face_monkey]
  7. The-Yada Jedi Youngling

star 2
  8. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yeah I think one of my next orders of business will be to have that stitched into some hats and t-shirts for the group.

As for the bomber jackets. Those will be on an order by order basis. Can't exactly get those in a bulk order lol.

Could everyone please make a note, any remaing headshots of cast and crew yet to be photographed and a few reshoots will be done the day of the meeting.

Also the day of the meeting, we will unveil the website. Can you feel the suspense? Can ya?
  9. Nite_shift Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Nice looking logo there.
  10. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Nicely done, Mark... nicely done. ;) =D=
  11. Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok I got it, I'll make sure to wear my stunt shirt and bring a saber with rod for the pic, or Mark I can use yours either way.

12. Achilles_of_E-town Jedi Youngling

I finished my Antilles pants relatively quickly and now I'm starting the jacket.

Oi, the interfacing and the pads and the pockets, so much freakin werk!

But at least Erin and I have finally come to a final decision about the design for Aliska.

Ever since we started this it's been a constant battle between what looks cool and what actually functions. What's traditional, yet feminine, but not over the top or cheesy.

We now have a design that will become the final costume I'll draw it up and post it sometime. Antilles will probably be done way before that though so that will come first.
  13. Achilles_Antilles Jedi Youngling

Well I just got back in touch with my buddy Lance who is doing all the laser metal cutting for the film. From Leias belt detailing to the R2 unit. Yes that's right I said R2 unit.

We will have a fully functional R2D2 for this film. It will be in the room with Leia and accompany a service tech down the hall of the Tantive 4 as the tech reports to Antilles on the condition of a certain protocol droids leg.

Laser cut out of stainless steel and aluminum, the R2D2 in question will be an actual scale version built very sturdy and relatively waterproof. The plans have already been drawn up in autocad and as I understand it he's close to ready to start cutting.

He's looking at using PowerWheels engines to motor the little droid and a 12 volt actuator rated for 1000 lbs to help the Astromech to go from a 2 legged standing position to a 3 legged rolling position. The droid will feature removable compartments, all the standard R2 attachments like the cattle prod, buzz saw and pieroscope as well as spring loaded propane fuelled rockets, though they are not intended to actually lift the R2 off the ground.

Optimistically he'd have it ready for FilmCon but if not, no big deal. I can't wait to see it in action!!
  14. Nite_shift Jedi Youngling

star 1
  15. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Ok, down the list,

There's a new poster custom made for the cantina which will be a Yoda wanted poster just on the back wall in the opening panning shot and parts of it may appear in other frames of reaction shots as well but it's mostly an easter egg with some chuckle-ability like the barely visible tie and x-wing in AOTC or Vaders mask showing up in the opera performance in ROTS.

The spice miner look is coming along. Utilitarian in nature, it will reflect a little bit of the look of a normal coal miner. Dirty, with head protection and lights. Futuristic tools and so on.

The plan for set design is getting very solid now and I will have a precise plan of attack on how to get the set pieces made. The meetings time slot for that will focus partially on the manpower.

I'm going to supply pizza for everyone in attendance so I need to get an idea of who's coming. Everyone email me or respond to the mass email I will send out to confirm. Thanks

That's it for now gang.
  16. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Update time,

Check it out crew.

- Jimmy "Han Solo" Siokos is getting uppity about his headshots. *sigh* talent. lol He knows we love him. Go ahead and get it perfect Jimbo. He's dropping a pretty penny on his two new Han outfits for the film and I found out he gets his bloodstripes custom sewn by a guy in California. You learn something new every day. One more guy we get to add to the credit list lol.

- Now that I've had the chance to get reacquainted with my to do list in Edmonton things are moving forward once again. Friday I'll be scouting the studio at Nait to get an idea of dimensions for what we'll have to work with studio wise.

- Dave Wilders headshot came in. Very clever mix of man and machine there, cool stuff. Can't wait for the website to be finished and I'm very excited about that. The day is upon us.

- Our move in date just happens to be the big day of the meeting. This meeting will mark the beginning of the middle as I like to put it lol. With plenty of space and a viable workshop all of the planning will start to form reality as we have a location for set building and storage. October will be busy enough with my Halloween costume contracts and planning the seminar for FilmCon so I don't expect a lot of tangible progress on sets to take place within that month but come November things will kick into high gear. November, December and January are construction months for all materials from set pieces to costumes and there will be many. Simultaneously throughout those months we'll be training the actors in the choreography of the duels. January through March I'll be doing constant acting coaching with anyone who needs it and then in April we start shooting.

Working with everyone involved I will set up a shooting schedule condusive to everyones schedules and it will be out way way in advance so everyone has a chance to book the time off. Since most of us have weekends off that is when shooting will take place. Saturdays will be the biggest days with Sundays coming in a close second.

Now I'm going to define what "hellweek" is. Hell week is the 9 day span that the two stars of the Han and Chewie story line will be in Edmonton. They will fly in on a Friday, spend all day Saturday and Sunday shooting on set and then from 5 pm to 10 pm every week day will also be shooting. Then the following weekend we will shoot all day Saturday and Sunday again.

During hellweek every single frame will include Han, Chewbacca or both. Those shots are prioritized and the Sabacc Cantina scene will take place on the first day since it is the most complex of all the scenes to manage. This week will be shot in August. At first I had planned it for April to coincide with spring break but the timeframe is too tight to fit that in responsibly. Besides, the Edmonton crew can get 65% of the movie filmed on the weekends leading up to that week so the momentum will help us out. Ideally I would like day 9 of hellweek to be the last shooting day of Episde 3 and a Parsec, Secrets of the Rebellion.

I know everyone is doing this for the love of the content and I appreciate that greatly. Everyone willing to donate their time is a valuable asset to this production and will be treated accordingly. Food and drinks are going to be provided on set and no matter how simple the task, everyone gets credited in the production.

It will take a great deal of coordination and cooperation and I'm sure we can all make it work.
  17. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    A director must have the most serious mind... the deepest commitment.
  18. Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    And making sure he doesn't have his roommate walking through sets on The way to the bathroom of their townhouse lol.

19. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I can see the audio track to that now.

*snap*
    Jason: What the?
    Mark: Looks like I have to fix the frame again.
    Jason: There's no better place for this?
    Mark: The basement real estate is monopolized by a life chamber and Falcon parts.
    Jason: What about the balcony?
    Mark: X-wing city
  20. Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    'Where the hell am I supposed to do my exercises, dude I wann liv here ya know'
    'It'll be a week at least'

'A WEEK!!!'

'It;ll be gone in two tops'

'It'll be gone alot sooner then that'

'What?'

'Nothing carry on.'

21. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I just got wind that and old radio buddy of mine, Mr. Drew Kenworthy will be attending the production meeting Oct 1st.

He's coming in from Red Deer where he lives with his wife and 2 children. He's in the process of building his own video production company where his main accounts are weddings, fitness competitions and tradeshows.

He's a huge Star Wars fan and is the one responsible for getting us the soundbites of Anthony Daniels and Warwick Davis plugging the NAIT radio station. He's one of the 3 people up for the Dash Rendar role and has an almost psychotic devotion to perfectionism and quality. He's always put all of his effort and creativity into everything he's produced and it shows.

I strongly encourage all those who can make it to come. There's even a few people coming I haven't met in person yet so I think it will be a good experience all the way around.
  22. The-Yada Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ATTENTION EVERYONE ATTENDING THE MEETING!!!

Please brush your hair and your teeth and don't forget to smile!!! I will be taking cast photo's and behind the scenes photo's. Please don't be shy these are for the future of the history that we are making!!!

Thanks!!!

:)
  23. Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan

star 4
  24. The-Yada Jedi Youngling

star 2
    That's fine, just look natural.
  25. Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.