main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga SOUL OF LOVE AND BRAVERY (AN AOTC-ERA AU)THANKS and A REQUEST(7/15/05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GunraysLawyer, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh yes agree I do that Obiwan is going to be disappointed for sure. Excellent post I enjoyed it this morning. Nice way to start the morning off.

2. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Yes, me again... Duh. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, [face_blush] I promise to remain lurking from now on.

Actually, the Kalinadians would call it realism v. Naiviete...
    Well... There is no doubt who's the real hero of this story. ;) And whereas we *know* where Amidala's politics lead, and moreover, we're all totally besotted with Ivo and ready to approve of any crazy scheme he or his dad might cook up, a strike like that would truly be unacceptable to a true democratic power. Therefore, trying to place myself into Amidala's position, it has nothing to do with naivete.

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Hi! I in my offices. I will be reading your post tonight. Thank you for the PM.

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Obi-Wan isn't going to have an easy time. Ivo's presence is going to make it worse for him.

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    A drunken Anakin...I would have liked to have taken care of him there...I could have made him forget his mother and Padme... [face_devil]

He cooks like I do, too. :p

It's going to be interesting to see how this mission turns out with two extra bodyguards. :eek:

Good post. :)

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Anakin was an enthusiastic, if not particularly talented cook.
    Hey, enthusiasm has to count for something, right? Just like having personality? :p

I really enjoyed your characterization of Obi-Wan and Anakin is this post. Obi-Wan is well-meaning without being a jerk, and Anakin is earnest without being obnoxious. It is so easy to turn these two into caricatures, and you have done well in avoiding that.

Can't wait to see Ivo and Anakin gang up on Obi-Wan. :p I am sure they will.... [face_mischief]

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    WHy do I get the feeling that Ivo will only encourage Anakin's interest in Padme?

8. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    All I can say to Obi-Wan's last statement is, "Hah, you wish!"

So Ivo got Ani drunk. Hee hee, that must've been interesting. No wonder Obi-Wan wasn't wild about having Ivo around again.

Will you always be so quick to anger at attacks on those you care for? Have you learned nothing about why attachments are forbidden?

1) Yes.

2) Absolutely not.

--MissPadme

9. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Brilliant post!

Oh, Obi-Wan, your guard duty will be joined by Captain Lord Kisavalivo Arzhan of the Kalinadian Army. You know, Ge-Harza Arzhan?s son, the one you and Anakin met on Arcainia.

Poor old, dumped upon, Kenobi! So Ivo got Ani drunk? I'd like to have seen that. :D

Anakin is spot on here, his delight at the prospect of seeing Padme is so evident. Spot on!

And judging by Obi's dissaproval of Ivo, much fun is to be had. Apparently reckless aristocrat + over eager, love struck Padawan = nervous breakdown for Kenobi!

And your explanation of the Kalinadian's view of the phenomenon of the Force was facinating! It would be too simplistic to think that everyone saw the Force in the same way - religious and spiritual diversity would be as rife in the Star Wars universe as it is here in Reality. Smashing stuff!

10. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    It was fun to get a glimpse of Obi-Wan and Anakin in their domestic setting before the bantha-poodoo hits the proverbial fan - very enjoyable.

It was even more fun to imagine young Skywalker's intoduction to a different kind of life at the hands of the young Kalindian.

Really, the way you present it, I can't imagine them NOT becoming fast friends - both Force-users (although I suspect the differences between Kalindian philosophy and what Anakin has been taught will not be lost on the Jedi Padawan) - nearly the same age, both tough and highly trained and having taken on large responsibilities at an early age (even Jedi Padawans, I suspect, participate in dangerous and complex missions) - and of course, both fond of women from Naboo...

Yep. I definitely want to see what happens next!

Kenobi doesn't stand a chance.

11. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    From Ch2 P1-3: Heehee, looks like someone else doesn?t like a certain Jedi Master! ;) Nice weaving of AOTC w/AU.

So Dooku?s Padawan was none other than Ivo?s dad, hmmm. I wonder if this will imply some kind of sympathy toward Dooku?

Sounds like Padmé doesn?t care too much for the outspoken Ivo, but Dormé sure has her eyes on him.

As for heels, give me short ones ? the tall ones make me feel like I?m going to trip and fall all over the floor. Walking in high heels is a sadistic trait that I just don?t share in often ? as little as possible really!! :D

Curious?how does Ivo know Anakin? I suppose once I keep reading I?ll find out that little tidbit ? won?t I?? :confused:

?Granny? Kenobi? [face_shocked] Hmm, I?ll have to see just what Ivo & Anakin have in mind to drive Obi-Wan crazy for I feel they have at some point. ;)

Padmé?s view of the Kalinadian plans doesn?t surprise me. She was a staunch supporter of peace over military action.

Now I?m off to catch up on Ch3. :)

12. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Good Morning...

Thanks to my ever-trustworthy Beta and some rewrites, I will bring you Chapter 3, Part II Dinners: Girl Talk shortly. First, replies:

qingauk-- Probably, but Dark? Whoose Dark? [face_conused]

GreatOne-- Devastated, actually. Note, I changed the siignature. As for the NJO, it's just poorly conceived Sci-Fi arising out of a level of panic about where to take the story-line. At least in IMHO.

Crystalkenobi-- Glad to please. More soon.

NamelessAlien-- Keep trying to raise the intellectual discourse level...as lex and I helped prove on Geo3's wonderful Winds of Change, disputate and they'll come, at least to watch. :)

PATTYB0123-- Hope that you enjoyed it.

RebelMom-- He might Rabbit, he might... :)

Anakin_Girl-- Thanks, and no comment on you ability to cause memory loss in Anakin Skywalker.

Darth_Lex-- Thank You. Yes, in a number of activities enthusiasm sometimes counts more than skill.

Padawankitara-- I can't say why you'd think that. COuld if have something to do with Ivo pursuing the other available woman from Naboo?

MissPadme-- Good situational awareness...However, oh Pithy one, bulletted points don't count as paragraphs. :) ;)

illuminatrix--Glad you like it, and look forward to more. I thought that you might like the varying views of the Force. You'll see more of that.

Geo3-- AH, She of the Red pen...You are right, they have much in common...In a spoiler, I'll say that they could have had more....Glad that you're continuing to enjoy even dealing with my raw material.

Arriss--Glad you're enjoying it. Yet, all I can say is Cathch UP!!!

Now the Post.........

Chapter 3, PART II DINNERS: GIRL TALK

The private dining room of the Senator Amidala?s penthouse residence on Coruscant was a warm, inviting room of soft colors and elegantly simple furnishings of the finest woods and stone available on Naboo. This evening two young brunette women sat across the table from one another. As they ate their herb encrusted rare shaak tenderloin and drank the light red wine of the younger and taller one?s home province, they talked freely.

?Dormé, I really want to know - what was wrong with you this afternoon?? Padmé asked, eagerly.

?Nothing was wrong. I was paying complete attention to what was going on, Milady? Dormé replied, with an exaggerated subservient bow of her head.

?Don?t ?Milady? me,? Padmé said with mock sternness. ?You were barely paying attention for large chunks of that meeting. I think it has something to do with that young barbarian who is joining our Jedi Guards tonight.?

?He?s not a barbarian,? Dormé said, sharply. ?I don?t think many barbarians whistle High Naboo Opera to pass the time, even if off-key?? Dormé stopped as she saw the triumphant gleam in Padmé?s eye, and mentally scolded herself, Oh great, I?ve just been defensive about a man that I hardly know, and I?ve fallen into one of her traps?I?ll never hear the end of this?

?Awfully defensive aren?t we?? Padmé teased. ?Well, I?ll concede that he isn?t a barbarian, but he is a shameless and forward flirt.? Dormé frowned, but Padmé pressed her point. ?Don?t think that everyone in the Committee didn?t see him wink at you or the fact that his eyes kept returning to you at opportune moments.?

Dormé didn?t respond. Instead, she just sipped her wine.

Padmé was struck by a sudden understanding. She enjoyed that...she?s encouraging him, at least she?s not discouraging him?She?s attracted to him?Well, it seems that Miss ?Been Burned and not going to risk it happening again? wasn?t quite so serious about that?Padmé changed her approach. ?Well, I?ll give you that he is handsome, but he does seem a little excitable.?

?Yes,? Dormé conceded. ?But I think that he did have some provocation, and frankly, I don?t blame him for being a little annoyed at us all. From their point

13. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Ch3 Part 1: Anakin drunk and blabbering about Padmé and his mom ? now that would have been an ?interesting? exchange. <smirk>

Heehee, yes, by all means go and shower my young Padawan. <snicker> I can?t wait to see how you?ve beefed up the meeting between Padmé & Anakin.

Hopefully, she?ll put an end to this nascent obsession of his, and Lord Arzhan won?t be too much of a problem for us to deal with?I still have a bad feeling about this.

Not likely. [face_mischief]

Part 2:

I really liked this exchange between Dormé and Padmé. Really wonderful job. Dormé is thoroughly enjoying the attentions of Arzhan and Padmé will soon be overwhelmed by the appearance of a certain Jedi.

I can only wonder what antics these two men will be up to and cause the gray hairs to erupt upon Obi-Wan?s head.

Nicely done. Waiting for more. :)

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great exchange between Padme and Dorme.

15. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Great post! I liked the conversation between the two ladies about the men they care about.

16. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    This was a delightful exchange between these two. I am looking forward to Dorme's reaction to the 'little boy with the round face' :)

17. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    You know, I wasn't sure which Padme thought was worse -- being a barbarian or being a shameless flirt. :p Then again, knowing how she reacts to Anakin down the line I guess it's barbarian. [face_mischief]

I liked how Padme redirected the conversation when Dorme's comments about naivete struck a little too close to home...

Good job pointing out that Padme has thought about Anakin over the years and remembers him fondly. That kind of backstory for the romance is important, I think, and got too little mention in AOTC itself. (And of course his vow to marry her -- something I will never understand why GL cut it. *shrug*) Wait until Padme see how hot Anakin is now... :p

Oh, and the "my Jedi" slip was a nice touch. Interesting that Padme's subconscious may know more than she does. ;)

18. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Very clever Padme. Tell her. Very well.
    Dorme's reaction Oh! oh?? The little boy. I love that.
    Good post.

19. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Not only did I enjoy the friendship between Dormé and Padmé, I liked how you built up the budding romances each woman will experience with their respective love interests. I also liked how Padmé tried to free Shmi on her own and that she did indeed think of that cute round-faced blond boy. Hoo hoo, wait 'til she gets a load of him now!

--MissPadme

20. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Thanks, and no comment on you ability to cause memory loss in Anakin Skywalker.

Who, me? :D [face_mischief]

Anyway...

Great post, GL. :)

I liked Padme trying to free Shmi on her own as well, and the way she felt so sorry for Anakin because she couldn't do it.

Can't wait to see Padme and Anakin's first meeting in ten years myself.

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Wonderful conversation between the two friends.

22. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    He must be nineteen or twenty by now. If you?re destined to marry him, one would think that you should at least have some knowledge of his ten years incommunicado.? >>

:D :D

HA!

Loved the whole conversation, but that line stuck out. Sorry for lurking.

-Tim

23. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Great interaction between these two friends.

Can we expect any double dates in the near future? ;)

Good stuff.

24. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    A brief announcement, due to various circumstances, the next post is slightly delayed...

I expect that it and replies will go up on Saturday, 10/18 in the A.M.

As for next week, the first post of Chapter 4 will likely be up Tuesday, and the second on Thursday or Friday.

Thank you.

P.S. This is an extra day for anyone who wishes to comment on the last post to do so without another post waiting. So, all you lurkers, speak up! :)

25. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Lurkers - that would be me, I guess! At least for this one post...

Through her growing laughter, Padmé said, ?Look, you worry about your Prince; I?ll worry about my Jedi.?

I think this is my favorite line in the post - not least for the "my Jedi" reference, but because it hints a scenario of romances, friendship, pranks and all sorts of other delights. Since Dorme and Padme are such close friends that they regularly share a bit of "herb-encrusted shaak steak" outside of their normal duties, then it's clear that the Prince and the Jedi will be thrown together even more. That is something I am looking forward to!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.