main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga SOUL OF LOVE AND BRAVERY (AN AOTC-ERA AU)THANKS and A REQUEST(7/15/05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GunraysLawyer, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    *feels proud for de-lurking* :D

-Tim

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *also de lurks but at 8 Am it's too hard to think cohearently...*

3. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    New post sometime today, but it maybe late.

Rpelies as well...

Cast List Monday.... :)

4. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    First, Replies....

Arriss-- Thank you, I was worried about this chapter...I'm glad that you liked th exchanges on men...

RebelMom-- Thanks.

GreatOne-- To sound like a broken record, Thanks.

qingauk-- Thanks, and you'll find out on Tuesday. :)

Darth_Lex-- Good job pointing out that Padme has thought about Anakin over the years and remembers him fondly. That kind of backstory for the romance is important, I think, and got too little mention in AOTC itself. (And of course his vow to marry her -- something I will never understand why GL cut it. *shrug*)

Yeah, I thought this absolutely necessary for any chance of good believablity. I woul dfind it strange if she never thought about him, but I'd also find it odd if she obsessed over it.

Oh, and Barbarian is the right answer to your initial question.

PATTTYB0123--Thanks

MissPadme-- Thank you very much for your list of "likes." It is nic eto know that you're doing something right in the minds of your readers.

anakin_girl--Thanks, and Tuesday should be the first meeting.

Padawankitara--Glad you enjoyed it.

Darth_Tim--Thanks, and I don't care if you lurk as long as you delurk occasionally.

Delight-- Thanks and no. It will be much more complicated than that. [face_devil]

GEO3-- The Lurking Beta :) Wow, we agree on our favorite lines of the post, and for the same reason even...Glad, I've got her as a beta. :)

Darth Breezy-- I think you need to get more sleep and to comment more often. ;)

Oh, and the Case Green reference...That was the name for the German Army's plan for the invasion of Czechoslovakia in the event that Munich hadn't worked out. According to Manchester, it was actually on the German Chief of the General Staff's desk under the order to arrest Hitler and all high ranking Nazis, stage a coup, and hold new elections if they tried to use it....ah, the what ifs of history...

Now, to the post and a hint about the AU that I almost wrote....

Chapter 3 Part III Dinners: Father and Son

The light of the setting sun streamed through the large windows of the private study of the Lord Protector?s residence in the Kalinadian Embassy. It was his habit, when his wife was not on Coruscant, to have dinner served to him at the study?s central octagonal table. Facing the windows sat the man himself. In front of him sat a bowl of hearty stew. Across the table from him sat another bowl, rapidly cooling in front of an empty chair. His son was late. His son was almost never late. Yet if something was wrong, Ivo was shielding it from his father?s inquiries through the Force. Ge-Harza Arzhan was about to have his son summoned by one of the house staff, when the door to his left hissed open.

?You?re late. Where were you?? Ge-Harza asked pointedly.

?I was just doing some research about my companions for the next few days, Father,? Ivo replied as he sat down. ?Ah, Lotrian Ronda stew, you are growing predictable.?

?Perhaps, my son. But, you certainly are not. No uniform?civilian casual semi-formal attire?The Senator will be disappointed,? Ge-Harza noted with a touch of good natured sarcasm.

?Well, I assumed that they wouldn?t want to be awash in a sea of uniforms,? Ivo noted as he sat down to the now only slightly warm bowl of stew.

?They?? asked Ge-Harza wryly with eyebrow raised as Ivo brought a full spoon to his mouth.

?Yes, they. The residence will have at least two Jedi and some staff there.? Ivo replied after swallowing.

?Ivo, please don?t engage in any antics. I know that you dislike Kenobi, and I know that the Senator is a somewhat naïve young woman?.?

?Father, I have no plans to make a fool of myself,? Ivo interrupted, his gray eyes flashing angrily at the older man.

?No, of course not,? Ge-Harza Arzhan said evenly. ?That would ruin the little flirtation that you have going on with the Senator?s aide.?

?I have no flir

5. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Very nice! Ivo certainly seems the type about whom Yoda would think twice before granting him Jedi trainig. But Daddy Dearest is certainly Jedi-minded, and based on him, I probably would believe this "it is not in his nature" thing about Dooku. :)

-Red

6. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Good post...and my curiosity has really peaked about who Ivo's mother is... :eek: Especially since a Jedi Council member practically called her a whore!

I had told Qui-Gon that I would take the boy into our house if anything happened to him. Then, he begs at his death that Obi-Wan train him. Before you cast too many aspersions, consider that.

Hmmm...even more interesting...

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Is there a backstory about him getting Kenobi all riled up last time they met?

8. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    You go and tell him, Dad. Tell the boy not to mess with Jedi.

Anakin is going to have a bash, with Ivo urging him on from the sidelines. ;)

Good stuff.

9. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Wait - Ivo is going to stage a mock attack on Senator Amidala while she is being guarded by her own security people AND by the Jedi? He is going to do this while Kenobi and Skywalker are there???????????

And his father calls it grandstanding? Sounds more like suicide to me...

This I have to see.

I think I said after the first post that I was very interested in meting Ivo's mother -the woman who "stole" a Jedi and raised a son who threatened to kill a member of the Jedi Council for her sake - and now I'm even more curious about the woman whose very presence seems to bring the apparently fearless Ivo and his powerful father to order.....

10. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Another fascinating post. The interaction between the elder and younger Arzhans was very intriguing and revealing. Ge-Harza's Jedi training comes through in his composure and deliberateness, while Ivo's lack of it is similarly apparent. Great job! :D

Kenobi acts like a nervous old bitty.
    Poor Obi-Wan. Always the whipping boy. :p

She is too cold a fish for him.
    Apparenly Ivo hasn't read any A/A fanfic. :eek: [face_love] [face_blush] [face_laugh]

It would cause grave problems for Anakin and the Order if his feelings were reciprocated
    And the award for Understatement of the Millenium goes to...... Ge-Harza Arzhan! :D

?Maybe, but I promise you that I will kill no Jedi on this assignment,?
    Okay, I really loved this line. First, because of the "Maybe" -- Ivo won't promise not to kill Mundi. How great is that? Second, he limits his no-Jedi-killing promise to this one assignment. Awesome! This guy's a hoot -- and clearly comfortable joking around with his dad. Then again, he's probably just trying to avoid his father bringing up Dorme again. ;)

11. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Nice interaction between father and son; I can't wait to meet Mom. She sounds like something else! Ivo has no idea Senator Amidala has a different side to her ;). I appreciated how Pops set Ivo straight about Obi-Wan.

--MissPadme

12. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    cool!! Very interesting bantering between father and son. I will have to wait to see what a 'fake' attack results in for Ivo..he assignment may have a very short life span :)

13. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Loved the interaction between the characters. Yes Obiwan does have his hands full with Skywalker.

14. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    I can't wait to meet this mom, also. She sounds like she is a very interesting person... And I agree with Ivo about the "old biddy" part. It seems to me a lot of those old time Jedi acted like that!

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I've enjoyed the last three posts. Your take on Kalinadian force use is very interesting and perfectly logical - it's a wonder that the Jedi aren't more jealous/concerned about it....

Loved that Dorme and Padme were almost comparing "notes" on their respective spouses to be. ?Look, you worry about your Prince; I?ll worry about my Jedi.? - LOL

I also liked your take on Kenobi and how he is handling Anakin. "Kenobi tries to do his best, but he is a classic Knight of the Order." Pretty astute description. Poor Obi-Wan with his hands full of the Chosen one!

Looking forward to seeing more of this wonderful fic.

16. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    Good evening People....

Now, I promised you a cast list, and a cast list you shall have...Darth_Lex was my inspiration for this, and it did help me visualize characters and situations.

Alas, there are no links to images. Why? Well, my wife is out oil painting and I have both kids. Typing this while holding struggling 11 month old is hard enough setting up the links would be problematic. However, there are pictures of all these folks at www.imdb.com, just use the search engine. Oh, if you check one of the pictures for Mr. Butler, you'll see he and the actor playing Ivo in a scene together. Just remember, no beards here.

So, ask any questions or make any comments you like...I'll try to respond. Next post either tomorrow or the next day or whenever my beta gets it to me. I was late getting to her and I am exceptionally busy at work from now until Thursday.

Finally, the list does contain some spoilers to the thinking man or woman. Yes a "cat fight" cometh eventually. [face_devil]

The List:

Note, all persons will be by the miraculous effects of this board returned to appropriate levels of youth or aged as necessary throughthe use of make-up etc. e.g. Peter Cushing looks like Peter Cushing in the late 1950s or early 1960s, when he was playing Van Helsing or Frankenstein not as he did in the late 1970s.

The Cast List (Speaking Parts Only)

Central Cast

Kisavalivo ?Ivo? Arzhan-- Christian Bale

Ge-Harza Arzhan, The Lord Protector-- Sam Elliott

Korvasalo ?Korva? Arlotra-- Gerard Butler

Anakin Skywalker-- Hayden Christensen

Dormé Lankrerrie-- Rose Byrne

Padmé Naberrie-- Natalie Portman

Obi-Wan Kenobi-- Ewan McGregor

Lianna Lady Arzhan, The Lady Protectrix (Ivo?s Mom)-- Sophie Marceau

Alania Lady Arzhan (Ivo?s little sister)-- Kate Beckinsale

Supporting Cast

Count Dooku-- Christopher Lee

Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious-- Ian McDiarmid

Heinsa Baron Arlotra, Kalinadian COS(Korva?s Father)-- Ed Harris

Mace Windu-- Samuel L. Jackson

Wilhuff Tarkin-- Peter Cushing

Orn Fre Taa-- Matt Rowan

Bail Organa-- Jimmy Smits

Lakriana Lady Araila (Korva?s Fiancée)-- Ione Skye

Yoda-- Yoda

Ki-Adi-Mundi-- Silas Carson

Plo-Koon-- Matt Sloan

Elica Lady Arhantia (Ivo?s Ex-Fiancée)-- Monica Bellucci

Lt. Col. Zaphrid ArReilli, Co 1/4th Cholongan Inf.-- Pierce Brosnan

Sola Naberrie-- Claudia Karven

Ruwee Naberrie-- Graeme Blundell

Jobal Naberrie-- Trisha Noble

Captain Typho-- Jay Laga?aia

Cpl. Kaybble-- Dominic West

Anlwee Lankrerrie(Dormé?s father)-- Patrick McGoohan

Kobal Lankrerrie (Dormé?s mother)-- Fanny Ardant

Kanlié Lankrerrie (Dormé?s older sister)-- Jennifer Ehle

Havildar-Major Aliak-- Collin Chou

17. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Not a bad list at all! Lots of good choices.

--MissPadme

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I obviously don't get out much because I don't recognize most of the people on your list....Pierce Brosnan is a good choice, however...well, he's a good choice any time.

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very interesting cast list. I especially like Patrick McGoohan. I would never complain about Pierce Brosnan :)

20. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Wait what he was talking about?

He hates Obi-Wan.. :mad:
    I think? Obi-Wan was not ready? Padme was a cold fish [face_shocked] :_|
    Hey hey that man.

Great post. ;)

Thank you for the list.

21. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    I didn't find a "Sam Elliot" on IMDB. :(

I have to run over to the Arlotra party. Go Korva! :p Looks very much in character, as much as there is of him in this story. (Not very much so far.)

22. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I do have a cast addition for you. A love interest for Obiwan. Lets see we call her Crystal and she is played by Crystal Kenobi.
    Yes that sounds good. :D

Okay I will be good now. I love the cast list. I think it will help readers also in visualizing the story in their minds. I can see the characters right now in my mind and hear them speaking. My imagination going into over time again. But that only goes to show how good your story is.

Look forward to the next post.

23. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    *slouches out of lurk mode*
    [face_shocked]
    Ivo's going to take a swing at Padme with a riding crop? OK, testing the old security, fine, I see where he's coming from there, but a riding crop??? [face_shocked]

Wouldn't a rolled up newspaper be a bit more, well, safer?

The banter between father and son was good; I wasn't expecting Arzhan Sr. to defend Obi. He obviously agrees with my opinion that the poor lad had a hell of a lot dumped on him - his master dies in front of him, he has to face pschycosith Maul in battle, then is charged with training the Chosen One. All that would make anyone cautious and serious.

Not that I won't enjoy the fun in the upcoming Ivo and Anakin teamup... :D

Hmmm. Cast looks good! This would make a cracking film...

24. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Hmmm, Ivo is intent on learning everything about Dormé that he can get his hands on ? the poor boy is whipped already. :) 8-} Although, considering your previous story they do make a good couple.

Ge-Harza would have taken Anakin in? Quite interesting. I wonder how Anakin would have changed w/training from such a collected Jedi. Obi-Wan is dedicated to the order and follows it w/o question (mainly) while Ge-Harza takes his own liberties and does as he sees fit. Don?t mind me, I?m just voicing my thoughts outloud?

There?s certainly no love loss w/Ivo and Obi-Wan. I wonder if you?ll be elaborating more on what happened there?

I actually like Ivo?s idea to test the security. An enemy can be anyone and a Force user would certainly have an easier time bypassing security.

Mundi = :mad: That?s one Jedi Master I wish I could toss into the garbage chute.

?Most assuredly, Father, most assuredly,? Ivo said, still smiling. He was sure that Skywalker and Lady Lankrerrie would make it a pleasant assignment.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this? ;)

Good post. :)

Re: The Cast List

Ione Skye ? that?s a name I haven?t heard in a while. I?ll have to hop on over to IMDB & check out what she looks like these days. Sam Elliot is another one I haven?t heard of in a while.

Pierce Brosnan? *faints* Oh, that man has it all!! [face_love]

Nice choices. :)

25. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Um. I don't know who too many of these actors are. I don't go to movies very much. (or read The National Inquirer. LOL)

Actors I know -
    Sam Elliott (doesn't he play cowboys?)
    Hayden Christensen (only because I saw the last SW movie)
    Natalie Portman (ditto)
    Ewan MacGregor (ditto again)
    Christopher Lee (Dracula)
    Samual L. Jackson (from the SW movie again)
    Yoda - hehe ... I know ALL my muppets
    Peter Cushing
    Jimmy Smits
    Pierce Brosnan (loved Pierce since Remington Steele days)
    Patrick McGoohan (Mr. Steed (?) from that old spy show with Mrs. Peel)

Those are the only actors I know... and I guess I only know people that have been around for a while.... I really need to read People Magazine more often.. hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.