main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soulhunters. Obi/Qui angst, supernatural (JA) *New post 03/18* COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Nifet, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
  2. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Up with you

3. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  4. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Up for now

5. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    I'll up it one more time

6. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Here?s a post for you. Sorry for the delay.

---------------------------------------

Obi-Wan looked around helplessly, searching for some kind of a weapon, anything to protect himself and the young woman next to him from the raging Dark Jedi. But the tiny cell held no weapon, and with a sinking feeling the Padawan realized that most likely they wouldn?t get out of here alive. How was an unarmed eighteen-year-old Jedi apprentice supposed to fend of an armed adult man, who was much more skilled in combat and Force-usage? The answer was hanging in the air, simple as ever ? no way.

An untamed panic washed over him, drowning him in its merciless blackness. Heart racing in his chest like it would jump out any minute, Obi-Wan gathered all the Force?s power he could and threw out his hand, sending the Force at the dark killer. But the Dark Jedi was already moving to the side, the red ?saber cracking ominously in the stifling air of the cell.

In turn, Snadi sent a crashing blow at the young Jedi, which was supposed to catch him square in the chest, but didn?t. Obi-Wan was out of the way milliseconds before the fist reached its target. Feeling encouraged by Snadi?s failure to catch him, Obi-Wan threw him a mocking glance and saw the steely eyes light up with fury.

Lightsaber came down seemingly out of nowhere in a wide swipe, but Obi-Wan dodged it. He tried to catch Snadi?s legs, but the dark one twisted out of his grip. The two of them faced each other again, completely forgetting about the woman who stood pressed into the corner, looking at them with wide green eyes that were ruled by an unveiled panic.

The two combatants started to move simultaneously, performing something that might have been a perfectly choreographed dance but was a lethal battle. Red flashed in the dusk of the room, cutting, slashing, weaving a pattern of death. The young Jedi seemed but a blurry whirlwind, filling the scarce space of the room with splashes of beige.

Adrenaline filled Obi-Wan?s tired body, giving him new, badly-needed strength. He concentrated on the battle, giving himself wholly to it, not sparing a single bit of concentration to anything else. The world stopped to exist ? only the fight and the need to win, the need to survive left.

Suddenly Obi-Wan remembered that they weren?t alone here ? and he glanced at Anisa. Belatedly, he realized his mistake as the ?saber came down on him, using the moment of distraction. A black blur rushed forward to insert itself between the deadly crimson blade and the young body it was bound to cut. Two screams mixed in one ? a scream of denial and a scream of pain. But the echo of it was drowned out by the low grumble of a starship?s engines.

The three froze in a mute surprise. Then the two Force-sensitives reached into the Force simultaneously. The bright strong presence abruptly filled their minds, causing one heart to leap in joy and one mouth to swear in anger and fright.

?Jinn!? Snadi spat, turning on his heels. He was gone in a flash of a Force-enhanced run.

Not loosing a second Obi-Wan kneeled next to Anisa, who lay crumpled on the floor, breathing heavily. An ugly burn marred her right side, torn material exposing the charred vulnerable flesh. At Obi-Wan?s touch she opened her eyes, and he was struck with the intensity of pain he saw in their green murky depth.

She coughed, suffocating in the stuffy air of the cell. ?Get me out of here,? she said hoarsely, almost pleadingly.

With a curt nod he scooped her gently in his arms, aiding himself with the Force ? with what tattered scraps of it he could gather.

Deep in his mind Obi-Wan wished Qui-Gon would come and offer his strength and comfort ? the Padawan could barely stand, let alone carry Anisa?s weight, no matter how light she was. But as the Master didn?t seem to be in a hurry to appear out of nowhere and offer his help, Obi-Wan continued to move on his own.

Appear out of nowhere. What a weird thought! Have I gotten so used to people coming out of thin air ? virtually ? that I now e

7. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    A post!! :D Thank you for not cutting it in the middle of the fight, that would have been cruel. But the dark Jedi managed to escape... Am I assuming too much if I say he'll probably come back?

I'm glad Qui-Gon found Obi-Wan, but this lack of understanding is a bit frustrating.

Now what about Kamon and Namira? [face_love]

Thank you for the post, Nifet. I can see it's always worth the wait!

8. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Thank you, Nat, I'm doing my best :)
    And, well, I didn't even think about cutting it in the middle of the fight - you're right, that would've been too cruel :D

9. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  10. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Depend on Qui-Gon to pooh-pooh Obi-Wan's experiences.

**sigh**

The man does it to himself, doesn't he? Too bad Obi-Wan has to suffer it as well.

GREAT post, Ni.

**Note** losing has only one "o". When Obi-Wan is fainting in Qui-Gon's arms he feels 'safe' not 'save'. FYI.

11. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Thanks, Jovieve. Those two mistakes were more of inattention than grammar, but thanks for pointing them out anyway ;)

12. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  13. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Since my beta-reader either boycotted me or has been extremely busy this last week I?m posting this as it is. Hopefully it?s not too bad.

The closer they got to the magnificent building of the business-center the more some vague uneasiness grew in Obi-Wan. The seemingly baseless heaviness in his heart slowly shaped out into a full-blown premonition. Something was dreadfully wrong ? and it threatened to become irreparably wrong any given moment. But what it was remained a mystery, veiled by the shroud of ignorance, and his inability to be more specific frustrated and annoyed the Padawan greatly.

However before Obi-Wan could form the words to describe his elusive feelings to try if Qui-Gon would accept his premonition this time their air taxi descended onto the gleaming on the sun metallic landing platform.

?Here we are,? the driver said, giving them a wink and raising a brow that suggested they should pay.

Qui-Gon got out of the taxi, followed quickly by his apprentice. Having paid to the driver, the Master started to walk briskly inside the building. The Padawan was forced to almost run and still he managed to keep up with his long-legged stride only by force of habit. Obi-Wan knew they were making their way to Imata apartment to retrieve Kamon and Namira. Perhaps, Kamon would understand his bad feeling, or at least listen to him?

His train of thoughts was unceremoniously interrupted by a sudden appearance of Tarlott. For a few seconds Obi-Wan wondered how it was that he knew the man?s name. Then he remembered? The memory brought dizziness, and he shook his head, trying to clear the confusion. Strangely enough, it helped.

?How do you feel?? Qui-Gon asked Tarlott, slowing down, but not stopping.

?Um, thank you, Master Jinn, I?m fine ? now, khm, yes.? The man seemed nervous, clasping and unclasping his hands. Noticing what he was doing, Tarlott hid his hands behind his back. His large gray eyes regarded the Master almost fearfully.

?I?m glad you are better, Mr. Tarlott,? Qui-Gon replied.

Just then Tarlott noticed the Padawan, and his already large eyes widened even more. ?Is he? back?? he asked, disbelief showing clearly in his voice.

?Yes, he?s back. Now if you?ll excuse us, we need to go.? Politely but firmly Qui-Gon stepped around the stunned man to continue on his way.

Entering the Imata apartment Obi-Wan immediately knew that neither Kamon, nor Namira were there, and his stomach lurched with foreboding. Qui-Gon was also, apparently, very much aware of their absence, but he went in anyway. Wondering what his Master had forgotten there, Obi-Wan followed. And then his eye caught what had obviously attracted Qui-Gon's attention ? a small black box without any decorations, sitting on the massive empty table in the full view of those entering. Cautiously the Master approached the table, checking through the Force if the carton wasn't a bomb.

With one deft move Qui-Gon opened the box. Obi-Wan came to stand beside him and peered curiously at the contents.

The simple box didn't contain much: a holo-tape and a flimsy. Qui-Gon took the holo-tape out, turned it over in his hands, studying it, then tucked it into one of his pockets. After that he unfolded the flimsy. The note, written in a somewhat sharp and angled, definitely masculine handwriting, contained the address of Imata?s country-house. In the lower left corner was another word added, written in a shaky handwriting: ?hurry?.

?Whoever left us this present apparently knows more than we do," Qui-Gon commented dryly, but Obi-Wan discerned a trace of anxiety in his voice. "Let?s hurry up then.?

A room was basked in the artificial twilight, night lurking in the corners. Illness resided here, her silent dark companion ? death ? hovering on the periphery, waiting to claim the body, weakened by the wound. Harsh, laboured breathing was the only sound to break the thick silence.

A door opened quietly, but even its soft sound alarmed the person on the bed. The barely visible in the dimn

14. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    :_| It's over! It all happened very quickly.. But at least they're all safe now. I can't believe not even Yoda understood what Obi-Wan went through. I guess the all-knowing little troll isn't all-knowing after all! ;)

Aaah it's too bad Kamon couldn't stay with Namira. They were such a cute couple. :(

Anyway, thank you very much for this story Jedi_Nifet. I had a great time reading it, and I'm looking forward to reading other stories by you.
    Excellent work!!! :)

15. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Thank you, Nat :)

Yes, they're all safe now - from me [face_devil] At least, here.

16. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Where have I been?

Nice ending, Ni!

Very touching of Obi-Wan to still worry about Loiso. So typical of his compassion. Strange Yoda wasn't interested in his out of - way out of body - experience. ?[face_plain]

I never figured out who Loiso was supposed to be...or was he supposed to be anyone other than who he was?

Oh, well. Nice ride of a story, you must write more.

17. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Really, where have you been? :D Just kidding. Yoda is not an explorer, that's why he didn't want to indulge.

Loiso? He was everything he was supposed to be. He's just a powerful and lonely sorcerer from another world, that's all ;)

Thanks, Jovieve, and I am writing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.