main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soulhunters. Obi/Qui angst, supernatural (JA) *New post 03/18* COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Nifet, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Sorry for so long delay. Darth Real Life is very hard to fight.

The song here belongs to The Scorpions

Now the story is going on

-------------------------------

?Would you like to dance??

She raised her eyes ? misty-green in the subdued illumination of the club ? to look at him. He thought that they were the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. She nodded mutely in acceptance; few stray locks of hair fell on her forehead and she brushed them away with a swift yet graceful move. Then she rose ? her dress flowing around her in a cascade of dark-green silk ? and took the hand he offered.

He led her to the dance-floor, his heart dancing, his mind not believing in such luck. She followed him without a word until they stopped. Cloudy smoke and slow music drowned them in their sweet delusion. She put her hands on his shoulders and he wearily, somewhat hesitantly, wrapped his arms around her, as if he were afraid she would disappear. They started to sway, obeying the fluctuating rhythm of music. He took an unsteady breath when he felt her stroking his neck tenderly.

?Relax,? she said, smiling up at him, her eyes sparkling with humor. And something else that he couldn't quite read ? desire? Admiration? ?I don?t bite. Not here anyway.?

He smiled and relaxed a little, still self-conscious.

?So tell me your name, o handsome stranger,? she murmured. Her mellow voice enveloped him, penetrating his very soul.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi. And may I have a pleasure to know your name, my beautiful lady?? he replied, matching her tone.

?Anisa Tontri,? she whispered, her lips so close to his ear that he could feel her hot and moist breath.

The delusion was complete ? it cradled him, took the reality away, the magic sound of music and feeling of woman in his arms made up his universe, and he drifted away with them. He felt her soft lips on his cheek, then on his lips. The sharp wail of the Force?s warning made him jerk. She looked at him, surprised, questions lurking in the depth of her eyes.

?I? umm? Sorry.? Words seemed to abandon his mind, he blushed ? embarrassed.

The song ended and Obi-Wan led Anisa back to her table. He helped her sit down and was going to walk away but she still held his hand, forcing him softly ? yet persistently ? to sit down next to her. The waiter materialized at the table ? half human, half insect ? he looked so much like the previous one that Obi-Wan couldn?t discern was it the same one or not. The waiter put menus before them but Anisa shook her head and said in the tone of an expert:

?Bring us Anadorian wine.?

?I don?t think I should?? Obi-Wan tried to protest but she cut him off.

?You must taste it. It?s very rare,? she said. ?And it will do you no harm,? she added with a smile.

?This is the point, lady, this wine is very rare,? the waiter chattered. ?You?ve already had pretty much of it. We don?t serve it so much.?

?I?m paying for it,? she snapped out and glared at him coldly.

The waiter bowed slightly ? offended and somewhat disgusted look on his face, telling how of much he was tired of whimsy clients ? and hurried away to bring the order.

?Anthropomorphic insectoid,? she muttered angrily, not quite under her breath.

?Why are you swearing like this?? Obi-Wan asked, partly out of curiosity, partly to lighten the mood.

?I?m not swearing,? the glint of laughter returned to her eyes. ?I just named what he is.?

Obi-Wan just shook his head at this. The waiter returned with two glasses of wine on a tray. He carefully put them before Anisa and Obi-Wan and hurried away. The young Jedi took his glass and examined its contents: the wine had a deep-red ? almost crimson ? colour, its astringent scent pleasantly tickled his nostrils. He noticed Anisa watch him and became confused. She brought her glass up and said:

?For you.?

They sipped their wine. It had rich taste, reminding of vast sunlit fields. Though Jedi didn?t drink much ? only on some official banquets or something of this sort ? Obi-Wan was able to understand that i

2. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Methinks Obi's about to get himself into a spot of trouble (as always.) Great post!

3. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Thanks, Wild_Huntress :)

Obi-Wan and 'trouble' are synonyms :D

4. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Go up

If there's anyone else be polite and reply ;)

5. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    "Obi-wan and trouble are synonyms (sp?)" Right, I agree... I dunno if you're ever tried the Phantom Menace PC game but there are some situations in it that only Obi could get into.... (you play as him for the first five levels) like, you know, nearly getting eaten by crocodiles and various other critters, having everybody out to get you, trouble at every turn... Get the picture? ;)

6. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    True, there are those situations. Apparently Lucas (or whoever made a scanario for that game) thought the same way all fanfic authors do. :)

I wonder if there's anyone else on this thread ?[face_plain]

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Saw your new post, Jedi_Nifet . It's good :).

And I agree, 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' is the alias for 'trouble.'

Aunecah_Skywalker

8. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  9. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
  10. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Uppie *echo*

11. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Hey, is there anybody else or not?

12. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Probably, not

13. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  14. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
  15. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  16. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    And up again

17. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Don?t know when I will be able to write more. September started, vacation ended :( Here I have a new post :)

Must warn you that it?s unbetaed

--------------------------------

Qui-Gon woke with a start and sat up on a couch he managed to drowse off on. Something woke him up abruptly, alerted him of impending danger. But where was danger? He looked around the room: blue-white walls, elegant furniture, large window on the wall farthest from him. The sight that greeted him from the window was the same as before: tall buildings ? the mass of brown and gray was disturbed here and there by bright spots of signs; straight lines of traffic lined the pale-blue sky. Everything was ordinary, no threat anywhere. Qui-Gon released the hilt of his lightsaber he didn?t even know he was gripping tightly and slumped back against the couch. He was sure the warning from the Force had woken him ? but why was it warning him? There was no immediate threat. Unless?

Qui-Gon reached out for his bond with Obi-Wan only to find it tightly shielded from Obi-Wan?s side. Why in the universe would the Padawan do it? He never blocked his side of the bond so completely; neither of them did, especially during a mission. Concern and confusion grew in the Jedi Master, flavoured with just slightest hint of irritation. What could happen to Obi-Wan to make him shut the bond?

Unable to reach the apprentice through the bond Qui-Gon decided to check on him through the Force ? to find his location, then go and talk to him personally. He searched the Force for the bright light that was his Padawan?s signature and breathed a sigh of relief when he finally found that signature ? Obi-Wan was alive and unharmed. But something in signature made Qui-Gon frown ? it was somewhat frizzled and twisted, something imperceptible amiss in it. He tried to locate the young man but there were too many people between them, their Force-signatures disturbing the Force ? like reed swinging in the wind disturbs water ? making the task to hone in on Obi-Wan?s location impossible. Worried and lost as to what to do the Jedi Master rose and started to pace the room impatiently. Apparently, it helped: an idea dawned upon him:

Comlink! Of course! Qui-Gon picked his comlink and punched in Obi-Wan?s code. He heard a signal and waited, his fingers unconsciously fidgeting with the small device. Someone answered it.

?Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon ventured, careful to not let his anxiety seep into his voice.

To his utter bewilderment, the link was immediately shut off. Qui-Gon stared at it in disbelief, his worry, confusion and irritation increasing ten-folds ? Obi-Wan never did such a thing, he would never cut off transmission like that. Putting the useless comlink onto the table, Jedi Master simply stared into space, emotions raging, getting the better of him. Then with an effort, he brought them under control. Once again, he took the comlink and this time called Kamon. The boy answered almost immediately.

?Padawan Turnell, where are you and Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon inquired sternly.

?We are on our way back, Master Jinn.? The Padawan didn?t seem concerned, as much as comlink transmission allowed to pick up on someone?s emotions. It soothed Qui-Gon?s worries a bit, but something inside him kept telling him that something was irreparably wrong.

Qui-Gon turned his comlink off and rubbed his forehead asking himself again and again: What could happen to Obi-Wan?

Qui-Gon?s nervous wait was interrupted by a light knock at the door.

?Come in,? he called and in a moment two padawans were standing in front of him.

He looked closely at Obi-Wan, afraid to find out that something was wrong, but saw no indication of any injury or anything that could explain the boy?s strange ? unthinkable! ? behaviour. He was relieved to see Obi-Wan unharmed but it also brought his irritation up a few notches. He shifted his gaze to Kamon, noting that there was nothing wrong with him either.

?You may go to your room, Padawan Turnell,? Qui-Gon said somewhat coldly. ?O

18. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  19. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  20. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    I understand, it's September and all, but it can't be that everybody suddenly went offline, can it?

21. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  22. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Up again

23. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    All right, another up

24. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Hello, anybody out there?

25. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oooooh.... :eek: Yes, there's me, for instance..

Stupid Qui-Gon. :mad: *grumbles* Nice post! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.