main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sound click

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Raef_Wolfe, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    How do you make it so that when you click a link, a sound comes up? I'm thinking of adding lightsaber sounds (clashes ect) when someone clicks a link on my page, but I can't find out how to do it.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm not exactly sure how you would do that, but I'd advise against doing it. Sound clips like that really annoy me when I'm visiting a website, especially if I'm trying to listen to music while online.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    off the top of my head, you could use the "onmouseup" event handler. though i'd also advise against making any sort of elaborate sound effect, like jeff said. ;)

4. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    For every website I make, there is an option to turn off sound and music. I plan on doing that on this one. Therefore, those who want it can, and thos who don't, can turn it off.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    great idea. just do me a favor and make the turn sound off button real big. ;)

6. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Yeah, it's realy easy, especially with frames. I just link to an identical page, only without thh bgsound src, and a link to the bar with music/sounds.

I've tried 'onmousover', which is alright, but I thought there was another way of doing it. Like when you have a windows theme, and you click something it makes a noise? (on some anyway)

7. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    pretty clever. ;)

i can't think of any other way to go about it besides using the "onmouse" event handlers (onmouseover, onmousedown, onmouseup, etc). maybe css event handlers would work? i haven't really read up on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.