main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sound Effect Resource Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Elan-Rai, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I thought this might be a handy thread for us audio people to share sound effects. I realize a lot can be found on the net just by searching, but others may find it useful especially if someone has what you need lying around.

I am currently looking for a somewhat original droid (can be non-SW) making various beeps and noises like it is interacting with a human, i.e. happy, sad, angry, confused, etc. If anyone has something like this available to share, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

2. armed_oompa_loompa

armed_oompa_loompa Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    eh...im looking for 2 sounds. 1 is a good quality ship entering hyperspace from the outside, and the other a sound of a ship coming out of hyperspace from the exterior of the ship. I know theres a spot in ep 1 where the queens ship comes out of hyperspace at corusant from tat..im not gonna try and spell it(i think). I want that sort of pop/bang in the sound. I checked the internet and cant find what i want, and i dont have the software to get the sounds...any help would be appreciated.
    thx
    oompa

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I can't tell you specifically about these effects but...try here

By the way, there's a site in the works for Star Wars sound effects...huge site actually. That's all that I can discuss at the moment, but I'm planning on making all of the original effects that we created for RoN available for download there.

Keith

4. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Keith, I am eager to hear what you have. Are you planning to go live with that right after RON is released?

5. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I seriously doubt it. I'm not heading that project, but I'd say it's a safe bet it won't be ready for awhile yet.

Keith

6. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    If anyone is in need of any particular effects from RoN let me know and I'll see if I can make them available.

Keith

7. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Just thought I would bumb this thread since many audio projects are in the loop now. Anyone care to share some of their "goldmine" resources of audio effects, ambience loops, etc.?

8. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I don't know, are there things we're not allowed to say here?

I am curious - I've been looking for a speeder moving loop. Anyone know where I can find that?

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    No landerspeeders in RoN. You might want to check out the Sound Bunker site which I know is referenced in the link I posted above.

Keith

10. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Nope. For some reason, landspeeder sounds are the most difficult to find.

11. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Have you tried ripping from the movies or behind the scenes footage?

Keith

12. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    I don't really have the ability to do that at cleanly as I would like.

13. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Email me, Michael. I've got one I used for Responsibility that worked fine. It's only one, but still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.