main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sound Filtering

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by G-Unit, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    Do many of you guys use any programto filter bad sounds out of your films? Any helpful suggestions on what is the best method for weeding out the squeeks? I use sound forge so if you know it please share.

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Okay..um..you're going to need to be more specific. Squeaks?

3. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    i am very unfamiliar with the whole process. it is not something i have used before so i am looking for advice by those who have.

4. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Okay, but I can't help you until I know, as specifically as you can tell me, what you want to know.

5. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    For you what do you find to be the biggest issue when you film? Also I tend to have a low fuzzy sound in the backround when i use my ATR 55 shotgun mic. Any suggestions?

6. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    you could try some "remove noise" filtery kind of thing in an audio editor. But I suggest changing the mic´s setting like from.... high range to medium range?

My personal major sound problem: When I record analog sound from my music keyboard (instrument) there´s always a really disturbing noise overlaying the whole record. It sucks a$$.

7. G-Unit

May 23, 2004
    i know the feeling. one time when i was rendering a film, for some unknown reason in the finished product there are random r2-d2 sound effects throughout the entire film. it was actually pretty amusing.

8. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    Why please? Or do you mean sound lags that SOUNDED like R2-D2?

9. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    There's a plugin for SoundForge called Noise Reduction 2.0 that eliminates a lot of that kind of stuff from audio.

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.