main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sound Problems in Premiere!!! HELP

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I have a project in Premiere wich goes for about 1:30 minutes and has lots of sounds and music. I've worked real hard on it and now wanna export it as a .mov file or an .avi.
    When i do this the sound is always off track, but if i watch the preview everything is just how i NEED it to be.

Is there anyway around this, or have i forgotten to do something?

2. jedi_derek

jedi_derek Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    thats happened to me at first too. When you export the video as a .mov or .avi format and the music is off, go back in premeire and move the music to the left or right where need be. Then export it again and agin until you've got it.

3. ultimateguy

ultimateguy Jedi Master star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I've had this problem in the past week, trying to do music videos. After your FIRST attempt putting all the sounds where they need to be, export it, and then watch it with either Quicktime or Windows Media Player. When you preview something in Premiere that you have just exported, it almost always isn't in sync. So, after your first export, open it with something else. This will tell you if it REALLY is in sync or not.

Adam

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    main problem moving th audio into place is that there is about 200 seperate sound files...
    aaaarh!!!! god damn it.... why does it have to stuff it!

5. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    main problem moving th audio into place is that there is about 200 seperate sound files..

there are a couple of ways to deal with that, but the easiest is to just do a mixdown.

File -> Export Timeline -> Audio

set all the quality settings to maximum, and render out the entire project. (check "open when done" so you don't have to hunt for the file afterward.)

make a new audio track on the Timeline, drag the audio file onto it. Turn off the other audio tracks (click the speaker icons to make them disappear).

Now you have only one single track to deal with - drag it back and forth as you like to adjust your video/audio sync.

This may also help your sync problems in general - Premiere will probably much more easily sync one audio file in real time, rather than 200 files...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.