main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soundtrack Preview on the OS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Does anyone know if the music videos will have spoiler clips from the new movie within them? I defintley want to get the CD when it first comes out. (That track listing was not very spolierific) And it'd be cool to watch the videos, but if its going to show key points from the new movie, then i'll hold off watching it.

2. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I didn't know spoiler-free people still had Hyperspace subscriptions, unless I am missing something.

3. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Well Hyperspace started out somewhat harmless, but lately it has become a spoiler sneak attack. I consider myself 'spoiler free' but just reading Hyperspace stuff does plenty of damage.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    storm - if you can handle the next 1.5 months without Hyperspace, it might be for the best. Or, alternatively, you could let me check the updates out for you first. Since I know everything, it doesn't matter to me.

Does anyone remember what the videos for Duel of the Fates and Across the Stars were like? Was it all trailer footage, or was there new stuff?

Because if there's anything new, I don't think we should be discussing it in 3NS>

5. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    You can see the ATS video here if you want to.

With the exception of the very first scene shown in it, I don't remember much of the music video being new. But I was also spoiled for AOTC, so I'm not totally sure.

Maybe it should just be banned from discussion until you get a chance to see it. You can always unban discussion if it turns out there's nothing too spoilerish in it.

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I've read 2 reviews for the ROTS soundtrack, and oh my goodness are they gushing!

People are saying John Williams hasn't written this well since ESB!:eek:

I can provide links to them if people wish.

7. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Please provide some links. I would owe you forever. :)

8. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Really, Garth? I like hearing that but I've trusted Williams to hit it out of the park with this one. I think Williams saved a lot of good stuff from AOTC for ROTS, honestly. I mean, I would have killed to have the end credits on the AOTC really be in the film. That's one of my favorite moments, just a shame Lucas didn't put it in there. I have enjoyed the TPM and AOTC soundtracks but I've hated the way that they have been presented in the movies. If that is my one complaint about the PT. The music totally drove the OT.

I just have one request and that is for Lucas to NOT butcher the music this time. If the music is that good, please George, let us enjoy it during the movie too and not just at home. [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Okay, here's the link. There is a review up at MF.com, but I won't link to that site, too many spoilers. It basically says the same thing as this one anyway.

Film Score Monthly

SOUNDTRACK SPOILERS WITHIN! Note that as far as I see, they don't mention any spoilers about the film at all. If anyone notices any, let me know and I'll change this post. But they do discuss the tracks in some depth.

These guys know quite a bit about music, some of what they talk about is beyond me, but it's certainly exciting.

10. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Thanks GARTH.

Just out of interest, how many people are planning on buying the ST before they see the film? Or are most of you guys going to leave it until after having watched the film? Personally, I'm in two minds at the moment.

11. DarthBalls04

DarthBalls04 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2004
    i'm on the OS, and i am at the Hyperspace page where you should be able to hear the preview of this piece of music. HOWEVER it tells me

"To play the piece, click on the above graphic. Once on the preview page, make sure you have the appropriate track selected in the player by clicking on the "TRACKS" header"

the only problem is, is that there is NO ABOVE GRAPHIC to click on. There is a JPG of the soundtrack's cover art, but thats it. No link to the actual music itself.

anyone know whats up wit that?

12. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Just curious...who are the gushing reviews from? Objective sources or Star Wars fans?

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Film score fans, apparently. They also seem to be SW fans.[face_thinking]

They definitely know the music well.

14. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Yes, I was impressed by their musical knowledge. They definitely know what they're talking about. And after reading that and listening to the preview on the OS, I don't think I'm going to be able to stay away from the soundtrack when it's released.

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I am. The music is such a huge part of SW, I want to hear it for the first time with the scenes the music was written for.

16. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    For those interested in hearing the music early, the soundtrack is starting to leak. :D

As of now, 3 tracks are out, and I imagine that the rest will be out by tomorrow night.

Edited for spoilerific content. Do not discuss the names of the tracks in here.

17. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    obi_wan_kanathan, you might want to change those titles since I believe they were deemed spoilers earlier in the thread. Thanks for the heads up though! I was able to find these wonderful tracks...

I should say that the beginning of the "Ending theme" track almost brought me to tears. Incredibly beautiful, and I think the ending of this film will be very emotional.

18. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    ARGH. Change those titles. Black them out.

19. DarthBalls04

DarthBalls04 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2004
    I REPEAT:

i'm on the OS, and i am at the Hyperspace page where you should be able to hear the preview of this piece of music. HOWEVER it tells me

"To play the piece, click on the above graphic. Once on the preview page, make sure you have the appropriate track selected in the player by clicking on the "TRACKS" header"

the only problem is, is that there is NO ABOVE GRAPHIC to click on. There is a JPG of the soundtrack's cover art, but thats it. No link to the actual music itself.

anyone know whats up wit that?

20. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Do you see the little audio control buttons? Play, rewind, etc? If so, click on the tiny arrow above the 0:00 clock timer.

If you don't see those buttons you may be missing a plug-in or something.

21. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    What I have heard is excellent.
    Fantastic work which will help the film blend in with the originals.

-Seldon

22. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    Ah, I'm sorry about that guys. :( I remember those titles being listed earlier, but I forgot that the one had been partially blacked out.

23. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Hmmm...I'm thinking you may have given away the final shot of the film with that one...

24. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I have the whole soundtrack, and holy crap is it amazing!

25. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    What I've heard on track 1, 3 and 15 is brilliant.
    A mosaic of old a new music with the result being a perfect blend of Jon Williams.

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.