main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soundtrack Preview on the OS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Even with that little slip, storm, wasn't it pretty obvious what the ending shot would sorta be like? People have been talking about that for years, me included. I really do feel like I'm going to hold off listening to the soundtrack before the movie. That my friends, will be WAY harder than not reading the novel.

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Actually, no, I had hoped for something exactly the opposite of that title for that shot. Something fitting for this film.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Don't go off half-cocked, anyone.

We'll all be happy with the ending of the film.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I'm happy with the final shot, and I predicted it years ago along with others.

The fact is that way this film ends, bridges the two trilogies perfectly. It fits in so perfectly with ANH.

That is just my opinion, I'll post thoughts after I see the film.

-Seldon

5. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    This music is beautiful.

6. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I have now listened to the entire soundtrack. I knew all along that this was a part of Episode III that there was no way for me to avoid. :p

I am very happy with it. I think John Williams does a great job bringing both OT themes and PT themes into the mix.

I didn't like the "single track" (like Duel of the fates or Across the stars) as much as the previous ones. I don't know what it's called in English when they arrange a certain theme to a more "songlike" structure... Concert suite? Anyways, I didn't really like the arranging of this particular track.
    But the actual musical theme is fantastic, and it's certainly put to great use in one of the other tracks.

There's also a theme that I didn't really expect to show up, but was a very welcome surprise.
    The only thing I can complain about is that whoever ripped this did a horrible job. The quality is pretty crappy.

But I guess that will make buying the soundtrack even sweeter!

7. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    From the songs I've listened to, this soundtrack is beautiful! This is some of William's best work.

I've read those song titles, and I must be either stupid or thankfully oblivious because I have no clue what the ending shot is, I just have my own private speculations.

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    If it makes anyone feel better, the tracks on there are not in order of when they happen in the film.

I am tempted ousley, but we can't have solicitation here. The administration has asked us to crack down. Because of the fact that the soundtrack has not yet been released to stores, those tracks are illegal.

9. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Oh yes, thank you for that btw, ousely. :p MJS sent me the link. :p

10. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Yeah, thanks ousley.

Good stuff.

11. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Oh man. Wow. Just wow.

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You guys make me laugh.

This is the 3NS! 8-}

No soundtrack requests in this thread, please.

13. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The OST - wow. Made me cry twice the first time I listened to it.. It's the End, guys, and it's going to be heartbreaking! *sobs*

14. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Yeah, this is an excellent soundtrack. For those waiting until the movie comes out to hear this, you won't be disappointed. :D

It would have been cool to be able to experience this for the first time at the movies. But like for the trailers, I knew this was something I wouldn't have the strength of will to avoid. ;)

15. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Ok, I'm weak I've listened to most of the soundtrack now.... everything except the first and last tracks... I kind of want those to remain a mystery.

It's incredible and I didn't expect quite a lot of it. I can't believe the amount of choral work. And the new "single", track 3, rules my world... wow, I love it.

16. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    an incredible soundtrack....except a lot of musical choices for the end credits didn't make much sesne IMO.

17. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    I've listened to some of the different tracks and now I'm going straight through and listening to it...its pretty amazing, like everyone else has been saying. Its great in its own right, and it also does a good job of bridging the music to ANH. I'm sure it will be synergistic with the images on screen.

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I agree that it's remarkable how well JW was able to segue into the style he used for ANH on this score. Honestly, I haven't been that fond of most of his recent scores - they all sound awfully similar. This music seems to be much more in his 1970's style, which is refreshing.

I've been listening to track 11 on repeat for a while now. I won't give the title in case anyone considers it a spoiler, but I will say this was the track I felt most inspired to download first. [face_laugh]

19. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I must reply again.

Everyone who has the soundtrack, please listen to track nr 4. This is some of the most beautiful, and sad music I have ever heard in a Star Wars film.
    It is just sooooo tragic.

I can't wait to get my grubby hands on this CD.

20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    When will the Revenge of the Sith OST be available at stores? And when will the Saga special DVD offer follow? You know, the one that musically guides you through the whole Saga.

21. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    Soundtrack hits May 3rd. The bonus DVD comes with it, at least in the initial release. (Kudos to General Kenobi over in the music forum for confirmation.)

22. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    You know it's a sad sad day when all you schmucks get spoiled before I do! [face_laugh]

23. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Hmmmmmm.....I've listened to the end music that transitions from final shot to the end credits several times, hoping it would grow on me and it really hasn't. The transition into the credits music is very awkward like it was for TPM and ROTJ and not fluid like with AOTC, ANH, and ESB. Maybe it will change when I actually see the film.

24. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I really find it incomprehensible to listen to the entire soundtrack completely out of context from the film! Why?

I'm glad to read above that it has some 70's feel to it. The one song on the OS sounds very TPM-ish. It's OK, but I still think ANH has the best music of all.

25. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    Well, its kind of fun to imagine what might be going on while you are listening to the music. That, and with everybody talking about how great the music was, I had to cave. I'm going to listen to this soundtrack all the way on the way to Celebration III!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.