main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soundtrack Preview on the OS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Like I said, you guys are surprising me.

I've listened to it, it's fantastic. Let's leave it at that. [face_laugh]

2. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Haven't heard a single soundtrack song to ROTS, but since the discussion is about soundtracks, just thought I'd let everyone know that the "Star Wars" soundtrack (aka A New Hope) has been enshrined into the Library of Congress National Recording Registry. Here is a link:
    http://www.loc.gov/rr/record/nrpb/nrpb-2004reg.html

Just thought I'd mention it. BTW, it's #47.

Also little mention on Yahoo:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=795&e=5&u=/eo/20050411/en_music_eo/16313

3. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I just watched the "Across the Stars" video to try to get some idea of what the ROTS music video will be like.

It started off with Obi-Wan and Elan Sleazebaggano, which was a funny scene not in any of the trailers.

As far as I can tell, the rest of the video was footage from all 4 trailers, in some ways, comped directly from the trailers (i.e., voiceovers and specific cuts, etc.).

So I would guess that the ROTS music video won't have TOO much new footage, but who knows? Keep in mind that AOTC had FOUR trailers, ROTS has only had two trailers.

4. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I remember laughing at the Death Sticks scene, but wishing I had not viewed it until the movie.

5. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Agreed.

Once again, I will check out the video and let everybody know how spoilerific it is.

If a number of people are in agreement, we can set up a single thread to discuss it in - but Windy and I will have to check it out first.

[face_cow]

6. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Has there been some sort of announcement about a video? Or are we just assuming there will be one?

7. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    There's been an announcement of a video on the DVD included with the soundtrack, as well as videos for each of the other movies I believe.

8. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    What is the name of the "single" track and do any of the titles contain any major spoilers in them?

9. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    The concert suite is Battle of the Heroes.

Depends on what you consider spoilers. There are some very nicely vague titles in there, but with a bit of imagination and connecting the dots, you may be able to guess what they really mean (say, for example, if "Qui-Gon's Funeral" from TPM was "The Funeral").

However, there is at least one plot point title which, while most people expect it, is significant.

The music itself may be more spoilery, if you recognize some of the themes used in particular tracks, particularly in conjunction with the titles.

10. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    However, if you're dumb like me and just want to hear the pretty music, there really aren't any spoilers. I don't even know what a lot of the words in the title mean.

11. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    However, if you're dumb like me and just want to hear the pretty music, there really aren't any spoilers.

I have to disagree with this for some of the tracks...

12. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Before AotC, all I listened to was Across the Stars and the Binary Sunset/Duel of the Fates combination. I don't know if I'm going to listen to any of the RotS soundtrack, however; this is the last SW afterall and I want both the music and the visuals to chill me together for the first time.

13. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I think they're only a bit spoilery if you're HCSF. As a Hyperspace person I wasn't surprised by any of it, especially because the tracks aren't in chronological order.

14. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Unless you're HCSF, only two tracks are spoilers. Both are things that most people expect to happen in the movies, but it still will ruin some of the surprise. If you really want to listen to the music, but not get spoiled at all, I'd suggest avoiding those two tracks.

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I would advise taking our illustrious leader stinrab's idea and wait until the movie.

The music is such a huge part of SW, why ruin the opening night experience?

16. Seigiryu

Seigiryu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2002
    Does anyone have any links with the entire soundtrack availible just for sampling?

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    PLEASE, everyone. No more requests for the leaked tracks, no posting of links for the soundtracks. G_M

18. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    The music is such a huge part of SW, why ruin the opening night experience?

Personally I don't see how listening to the music beforehand could ruin the opening night experience, although I can say that my AotC opening night experience was all but ruined by the horrendously reused TPM music in the movie.

19. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    A little underwhelmed with the opening track and battle of the heroes sadly. Hopefully when I see the movie it'll sound more appealing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.