main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soundtrack thoughts? **Possible minor spoilers present**

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Before I get into this PLEASE don't post major spoilers in this thread. My knowlege of the story consists of the trailers and the soundtrack titles and thats it.
    Thanks!

I went out and picked up my AOTC soundtrack with a picture of one bad-ass Yoda on the front. I am just finishing up my first complete run through.

I must admit ther were a few moments that sent chills up my spine - hearing the imperial march, the love theme, and the end of the Bounty Hunter track where you here the "invasion" music from TPM, but much more sinister and forceful sounding. I think the love theme is wonderful. It is sprinkled rather liberaly throughout the disk, but since I really like it I didn't mind too much.

My all time favorite SW tune is on here too. I've heard it referred to as the "force" theme and "Luke's theme". It's the music you here when Luke is cremating Daddy in ROTJ.

There seemed to be a bit more variety in this disk than TPM. Who would have ever thought you would hear electric guitars on a SW soundtrack? I was rather skeptikal when I heard about the guitars, but I think it fits pretty well into the flow of the music.

After my first run through I definately like this one better than the TPM soundtrack. Hopefully the movie will follow the same pattern!

Edit:Spelling

2. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Today at 3:15 on TRL on MTV they premeired the "Across the Stars" video. IT WAS AMAZING!! :D I love it when they put dialogue over the song. It makes it seem so much more exciting!!

I'm SO glad I taped it. If you missed the video, the Official Site has you covered. http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/video/musicvideo/musicvideo1.html

I'm going to get the soundtrack tommorow at Target. I can't wait!!

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I got the Yoda version at Target just for the bonus track. It's tinkly tink music, good, but not worth buying a whole seperate soundtrack.

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Glad it's not worth buying another soundtrack for, since we bought the Jango one. If I were in Pavlov's experiments, Mandalorian armor would be my meat powder. I don't really think it has too much in the way of spoilers, even when referring to specific events, it doesn't really give away much. Like some tracks refer to pursuits but don't mention who is being chased, etc (trying to be as vague as possible). And there are a few love tracks, but the very first trailer sort of showed that love would be a big theme, and I agree with Mauler, the love themes are pretty well done. The electric guitars surprised me because I hadn't heard about them before hand. Didn't bother me once I got used to them. There was one thing I noticed about the last song (on the non Yoda version) that got me thinking not about a specific ending, but about a specific type of ending (again, the vagueness since I don't want to even give my guess as a spoiler). All in all, I would have to say it's better than TPM since I think it has more balance and variety, plus a nice amount of the best songs from all the other soundtracks.

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Electric guitars!?!?!?!?!? [face_shocked] :confused:

6. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    In addition to the orchestral music, not instead of, kind of subtle.

7. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Distorted or clean tones?

I sure hope Williams is doing a better, more tasteful job of integrating modern sounds with the lineup than that arse who did "Batman Forever". I mean, there was the disco genius of "Lapti Nek," but since it was replaced with "Jedi Rocks" or whatever it was, my hopes are fading.

8. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    The "multimedia" content on the Target CD is pretty crappy. It consists of a screensaver with some low-quality AOTC music playing in the background. It is a bit anoying to hear SW music every time your screen saver kicks in.

If you are debating getting the Wal Mart disc for the screensaver or the Target version for the extra track go with the extra track.

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    But what about these guitars?

10. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    The guitars are kind of in the background. I'm not a music expert, so I'm not exactly sure how to describe them. It kind of sounds like a rock concert when the guitar guy has his solo. It reminds me of the Hendix version of the national anthem...

11. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    So there is distortion? (It would sound fuzzy or overmodulated like Jimi Hendrix, as opposed to a clean tone like Chet Atkins, who as far as I know never once recorded an overdriven guitar.)

12. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    My first word upon hearing the guitar part was, "What the **** is this ****?" I'm no music major so take my criticism with a sack of water softener salt. I was hoping it was just a spoof that someone put on the internet version I borrowed earlier. Well, it wasn't. I like guitar, but not in my SW music. Criminy, just get the Captain Caveman thumb guy from RotJ SE singing "boon ee tay." and seal the deal on cheesiness.

13. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Wow - I must be one of the only people who *REALLY* likes the guitar part - in fact, I was hoping for more of it in that particular song... I guess I just think it gives it a really cool kick.

14. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    The guitar part is pretty neat. It is a departure from the regular SW music, but I'm with holding judgement until I hear where they are in the movie. Maybe it's appropriate when you're hearing it with the film.

15. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Is it part of the nightclub music?

(Just say yes or no. I don't want to know what the correct answer is, just whether I'm right or wrong.)

16. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    No (well, maybe - it's Coruscant music)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.