main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Soup

Discussion in 'Community' started by Violent Violet Menace, Dec 8, 2016.

?

What do you call it when you consume soup?

1. I eat soup.

26 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. I drink soup.

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Are you telling me you've eaten a chicken noodle smoothie? When was the last time you had a New England Clam Smoothie? Come on.

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I loved the Soup books when I was a kid.
    [​IMG]

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I know you're new here but when wocky wants to not eat a smoothie after his trip to blockbuster, you just let him, okay?

MrZAP, Sarge and Darth Punk like this.
  4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You can only drink smoothies.

5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I am with Wocky on this one. NEW POLL!

BTW, I didn't make the vote publicly visible, Vivec, because I didn't actually think many people would vote drink. I made it for vindication. Had I known that people would vote drink, I of course would have made it public. These people deserve mockery and ridicule [Ender] as is their wont. [/Ender]

Sarge likes this.
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Here's a new poll - did I just eat/drink two pages of cattle diarrhea

7. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Ah, and here you are latching on to a supposed misunderstanding to obfuscate the actual point which is that people regularly have smoothies as their primary nutrition.

As it is, I said ingredients, not types of soups. So vegetables, beans, grains; all of these things can be found in both soup and smoothies.

8. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Do you eat a smoothie with a spoon?

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Smoothies do not qualify as primary nourishment, they are supplemental.

MrZAP and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If you drink soup you're not actually having soup.

11. a star war

May 4, 2016
    So people don't have smoothies for breakfast. Got it. No one has ever gone to a smoothie shop and just gotten a smoothie. No, it comes with a sandwich, or as part of a whole meal. Got it. That makes sense.

Also, soup is almost never the "primary nourishment". It's either a single course in a multi-course meal or served with a sandwich at lunch. Wocky is speaking nonsense.

Ender Sai likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Make them yourself and they can be. I have a 1500 calorie smoothie for breakfast every morning consisting of ten ingredients.

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011

What people do is sorta irrelevant. What matters is the definition of the words "primary" and "nourishment".

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. a star war

May 4, 2016
    What people do is sorta irrelevant.

"Humans eat for primary nourishment... in which case they are not acting for primary nourishment in that period"

Except that what people do is "sorta" the entire point of this conversation. Kindly see your way out.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've had smoothies as a pick-me-up after a workout, definitely not as a whole meal. People who eat smoothies at every meal, as opposed to breakfast, or lunch when they only have 15 minutes, are usually on some weird liquid diet.

And I eat soup, I drink broth, and only when I'm sick.

Darth Punk likes this.
  16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    It's Friday, and I ain't got **** to do. I think ima have me a liquid lunch.

Apologies in advance for the rest of my posts today.

MrZAP and Ender Sai like this.
  17. a star war

May 4, 2016
    My point is not that people eat smoothies, my point is that wicky's reasoning is flawed and absurd, as usual.

We say we eat soup because it is presented as a dish. That's it.

I suppose that people drink ice cream, by his reasoning.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Smoothies are incapable of acting for primary nourishment, as they do not fit the requirements of primary nourishment. The same applies to ice cream.

As AFS1983 pointed out, people who drink (fixed that for her) smoothies at every meal are usually on a temporary liquid diet, which falls under the exception. People who drink a smoothie because they have time for nothing else are simply neglecting their primary nourishment.

Some people consume alcohol for breakfast. This does not qualify alcohol as primary nourishment.

If you wish to poke a hole in wocky's explanation, you could point out that humans eat for reasons other than primary nourishment, such as pleasure or compulsion.

Some people eat things that are inorganic or otherwise mostly non-nutritional; this is a disorder called pica. They may eat pieces of metal; this does not qualify metal as primary nourishment, yet they eat them; they do not drink them. To be fair to wocky, I believe this would fall under a special exception.

Candy is not eaten as primary nourishment, yet it is still eaten, and not drank. This is a hole in wocky's explanation.

MrZAP and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  19. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    Of course I'm saddened by your disappointment with the thread, but I appreciate that you upheld the bovine theme of the OP, I gotta say.

Darth Punk likes this.
  20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Thread's fine, it's the quadrupeds, chewing the cud over smoothies that are boring me to alcohol.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Campbell's used to make soup that came in a container that looked like a thermos and people would heat it up and sip from it. Not sure if that still exists.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes.

https://www.campbells.com/campbell-soup/on-the-go/

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I eat soup from cans that are in the shape of Bipolar Countryman's head.

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I know, that's why I said you weren't going to eat it. Because you drink it.

25. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I dip my tuna/grilled cheese/tuna grilled cheese melt sandwich in tomato soup.