main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sour EBAY Transaction Opinion

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by PadmeSusyQ, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeSusyQ

PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    I purchased a Darth Vader cooler on Ebay. The seller was pretty well established and had only good reviews.

The shipment came in two boxes and took almost three weeks to arrive. I sent her several e-mails to get tracking numbers because I was getting worried and she did not respond until the day before the first of two boxes arrived. The cooler portion arrived first and it was in reasonable shape.

The second box got lost and then put on the wrong truck but it finally got here. UPS is evil but I digress. The most valuable part of the cooler arrived damaged. The box with the cardboard inserts and the Darth Vader Standee looks like it was crushed, run over and dragged.

I've e-mailed the seller and called her with no response. I don't expect a full refund but I do expect some refund for shipping since I know she can submit a claim with UPS (as I have done many times in the past) and get the shipping cost back.

Then there is the matter of what kind of feedback do I leave for this person? They've never had back feedback and they have over 1000 feedback items in their profile. I don't want to smudge someone's good record but I just don't know what to do.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Sorry to hear about your shipping problems and I hope that you can get some kind of a refund.

3. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    in my experience w/ebay, they have a lot of dispute the charges thingy taht you can initiate with ebay itself. look on the help page somewhere. i've only had to do it once and once ebay officials got involved the merchants typically respond, otherwise ebay can repay you the entire amount most of the time and if you used paypal, you're guaranteed pretty much the entire amount back after x amount of days with monetary value under x amount of dollars.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    You only have 30 days to contact eBay and get any help from them, otherwise they will wash their hands from the transaction and you will be on your own.

If the box was in that bad of shape then I would get in touch with UPS and try to find out what type of shipping was used. If it was basic ground then you're out of luck with them. It's the cheapest shipping method for a reason, when using ground you are shipping stuff at your own risk. If it was anything better than ground you might have something to stand on.

If you have any reason to believe that the seller was at fault in this sale, either because of a poor job packaging the items or because they may have been in that condition to begin with, then you should definately write them a negative feedback message even if you are 1 in a 1000. It's fair to say that nobody's perfect, and it sucks to end up being that 1 in a 1000, but others should know about your experience even if it's wasn't a good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.