main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Source for Gloves

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Nostradamus, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Does anyone know a good source for gloves?

On-line?

I was wondering if there was some super-place like gloves.com or something.
    I am sure other people need all different styles of gloves to complete all sorts of different costumes.

I would need a very small pair of plain, medium-brown, thin leather gloves for to complete a Naboo Fighter Pilot's costume (for Quincy).

An other friend of mine is looking for black thin leather man's gloves to complete a Blade costume.

It isn't quite hat & glove season yet here in the North country. It may be by the end of next month and I may have some luck in the upscale department stores. I have not looked there yet since we are experiencing 100+ temperatures. The last thing anyone wants to think about here right now is winter clothing & accessories.

2. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    you'd be suprised what all you can find on eBay... I haven't looked for gloves, but I'm sure they'd probably have something since you're willing to buy off of the internet anyway...

3. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, this may not help you necessarily, but uniform suppliers are good for getting gloves from. For our play last year, the costume dept. bought several pairs from the same company that we got the band uniforms from and custom-decorated them to fit the time period. I'm not sure about leather ones, but it would be a starting place to look.

I don't know if they have a website, but I believe the company name was Orefice Ltd.

Hope this helps someone!

Kate

4. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    Thanks!

I just bid on a pair on ebay.

LOL, "gloves.com" does exist--they specialize in medical gloves.

Other sites have nice, expensive Italian gloves.....a bit too pricey to be used for a costume accessory (on my budget)

5. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i went to a army surplus store and got mine . they had bins full of diferent style gloves .its not a bad idea to start by calling around town . i got a pair of nonlined , black leather gloves that look alot like darth mauls for 15 bucks .

6. Nostradamus

Mar 2, 2000
    That's a good idea too, D Hair.

I would like to get a pair of plain black unlined leather gloves for my officer's costume too.
    I have some lightly lined gloves that would work in cooler weather, but they are a little too warm for indoors.

7. StormtrooperVF101

StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2001
    What type of gloves are good for wearing with Stormtrooper armor?

8. DarthBkane

DarthBkane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    spandex gloves would probably be best for Stormtroopers.

I saw some gloves on eBay under "Black Sword Gloves"... they look alot like Luke's X wing or Tie pilot gloves.

They are for Medival costumers, black leather with plain gauntlets, around $30 a pair.

9. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    For basic gloves (short ones that come to the wrist or a little past the wrist) work gloves and garnening gloves at places like Lowe's might be serviceable. You could also try leather clothing stores (like Leather Limited and the like...we have something like that at the local mall).

Military surplus stores also are a great source...I got a cool pair of German military gloves from one a few years back...very cool gloves.

I don't know what the number of Flea Markets and the like is in your area, but we have tons here in Kentucky...one near me (about 15 miles or so) has motorcycle gear, like jackets and so on...another exellent source for gloves.

For gauntlets (like X-Wing and Tie Pilots wear) check renaissance and medieval suppliers like Museum Replicas here and Renstore.com here
    They might have what you are looking for.

E-bay is a popular option, but I alway get my stuff up close and personal. My gauntlets came from a Renaissance festival...and they were only $55 (not bad for fencing gauntlets with deerskin palms)...

--Kai

10. cor_ran_sec

cor_ran_sec Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    these are my stormie gloves

http://onestopknifeshop.com/store/hatch-gloves-bng190-nomex-flight-gloves.html

they're very nice. leather palm side, the outside's nomex which can withstand like 700 degree heat. perfect for the sandtrooper! :D they're gauntlet style so they go far under the forearm. look good

11. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Ah but short of having them custom made, where might one find some burgundy leather gloves for an Imperial Guard?

MJA

12. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Renstore.com has long cuff gloves (gauntlets) in red deerskin for $79.95. They come in Small to 2X Large sizes.

Renstore.com

You'll have to use the navigation bar...go to "clothing and accessories", then scroll down to "accessories" which includes gloves. The gauntlets are on the second page of accessories...

--Kai

13. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.