main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sources of learning, training and knowledge for the NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by one-jedi, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. one-jedi

one-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2003
    I've read quite a bit of EU but have still missed a lot, theres so much! Anyway something on another post got me thinking and wondering about this and was wondering if people could help. Where do all the new Jedi, including Luke, get thier knowlede and training from after ROTJ?

Ok, so I know Luke recieved limited training from Obi-Wan and Aanakin and had a holocron or something as well but i'm not sure what was on it. Anyway can anyone who knows list all the sources for thier lightsaber training, force use and philosphy etc. The NJO skill and training seem pretty complete so i'm guessing htere must be various sources?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Luke learned alot from the Holocron(s?) he recovered, as well as the data he recovered from the crashed Jedi training ship on Dathomir (in Courtship of Princess Leia).

He likely gained some knowledge while serving the Emperor, as well.

The rest was from other recovered Jedi data and artifacts he searched for in the years post-Endor, I believe.

As for lightsaber combat skills, well, you don't need the Force to learn how to fight with a sword on an expert level, so info on sword fighting technques was likely readily available throughgout the galaxy.

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Not to mention what they recovered from the Jedi Library on Ossus. In DEII it's pretty obvious despite the destruction of the Cron drift millenia earlier that there are still plenty of books still intact in the Jedi Library. Leia even learns Jedi Battle Meditation from one of these books with Vima-da-Boda's supervision.

4. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Ikrit could have also added to the collective pool of knowledge.

5. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Forgot, there were also the flowers Corran's grandfather grew. Not his biological grandfather Nejaa Haylcyon, his adopted grandfather Rostek Horn. He'd encoded a lot of Jedi teachings Nejaa had compilied into the genetic code of the flowers he he grew to keep it safe from the Jedi Hunters. Corran would have shared that stuff with Luke.

6. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    The NJO Jedi had many members of the Old Jedi Order, as well as some from the pre-old Jedi Order to pass on their knowledge. There were also some of Palpy's darksiders who switched sides. The NJO also had quite a few holocrons at their disposal (more, it seems, than the OJO did at the time of the Purge) There were also the archaeological digs at Yavin, Nespis VII, Ossus, the Lost City of the Jedi, the Jedi temple ruins, the Chu'unthor, as well as other less memorable locations like a snow cave where a Jedi hid from stormtroopers with a cache of Jedi artifacts which Luke recovered. Tionne also seemed to have quite a bit of Jedi-related knowledge before she joined up with Luke, and we know that she journeyed to various important worlds (including those inhabited by darksiders) in search of further information. The Jedi also had the opportunity to search through the libraries at Obroa-Skai and elsewhere, to extract data which had survived both Palpy's information suppression efforts and the OJO's own coverups.

Palpatine closed off an entire region of the galaxy which was once home to the Sith empire, which would have left any artifacts there in pretty much pristine condition for the NJO to pick up out of the dirt. The NJO also had the opportunity to incorporate the knowledge of various Force-using factions which were covered up or ignored by the OJO, like the Dathomiri witches, the Fallanassi, the people of Ossus, and even the Jensaari. Some article which I can no longer remember the origin of (I think it was an insider article from the last few months, but it might have been on TOS) stated that there were caches of artifacts and Force-related materials which were once accessible to the Jedi, then were lost or became inaccessible by the time of the Purge, but were once again reclaimed by the NJO. This also explains why the OJO could only mass-produce blue and green sabers, and kept their other colored blades for more ceremonial purposes, while the NJO were able to toss away different colored blades and crystals almost at will and still make new different-colored lightsabers whenever the need arose. (When I say different, I mean other than the standard green-on-white and blue-on-white)

Add to all of that the first-hand teachings of individuals like Ikrit, Vima-da-Boda, Yoda, Obi-wan, and the other Jedi of old who trained the NJO, and you have a new order of Jedi who had more information and resources than the Jedi of Mace Windu's era did.

7. one-jedi

one-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2003
    Thanks for the reply guys, this is exactly the type of thing I was looking for, if anyone esle wants to add anything else then great. Thanks again.

8. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    To add to the list, there's also the Galactic Museum on Coruscant found in the X-Wing novels, and anything E. Brand (can't spell his name) shared with the Rebels before his death.

9. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Epatyjayos Brand... maybe. :p

10. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    King Empatojayos Brand. Or if you prefer his intro in DEII, His Royal Emminence, King Empatojayos of Ganath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.