main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South Park's Commentary on Indy 4

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Jedimarine, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Did anyone else see that?

It was so WRONG...and yet so viciously true I couldn't stop laughing.

2. skabatula

skabatula Jedi Knight

Sep 11, 2008
    Watched it online at lunch today.

Horribly funny. I lol'ed a few times.

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    We're allowing this thread to remain open as long as specific details from the episode are not mentioned. Also DO NOT post a link for the episode in this thread.

4. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Why God why?

Or if we want we can do what Sean Connery did in First Knight when he found out his wife was into Lancelot...

5. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    How specific is too specific? Would it be too specific to mention Howard the Duck and Willow pinball machines that featured in one scene?

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, there was something specific that happened in the episode that isn't exactly TOS friendly and I'm sure there was more. As long as we steer clear of the stuff that may cross that line, you should be fine.

7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I just think it's silly that we can't link to or have an in-depth discussion about a show that's on basic cable. Are these parts of the JC really that much more prudish than the JCC area?

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, the show does have an MA rating, which raises warning flags instantly. After reviewing the clip in question, I have to admit it does get pretty bad at certain spots and they do cross the line. I discussed it with Gobi and we both agree that it's not appropriate to be discussed in detail or linked to in this forum.

But as Gobi said above, general discussion is fine.

9. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

oh yeah, Southpark. The show that confuses being filthy and obnoxious with talent and creativity. These guys are getting close to forty years old and still doing humor that belongs in a middle school gym locker room. It's kinda sad.

10. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    "So uncivilized."

If anything ever crossed the line, this one certainly did.

11. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    If anything, I agreed with butters who said that he didn't think it was all that bad.

12. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I didn't watch the episode, and from what I've heard about it, I think it's not good.

I think they just wanted to rile up George and Steven up even more, especially after "Free Hat" (The episode where they bash the Special Editions).

13. darth_degnan

darth_degnan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2008
    Matt and Trey did it again.

Despite how tasteless you may think it is, they were dead on with their analogy. I love what the cop said at the end (who they found in the closet).

14. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    The episode saddened me. It wasn't clever or had any sort of witty satire from the other episodes. They just blatantly jumped on the KotCS-haters bandwagon without adding any of their own spin on it like they usually do.

15. darth_degnan

Sep 3, 2008
    Ummmm. Did you not pick up on the "spin"? I'd say their analogy was pretty witty.

16. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Oh ho ho ho yes, taking the analogy of Lucas and Spielberg raping the series to a literal level was so creative. No. I hold Matt and Trey to a higher standard. Like the episode Smug Alert, that's a perfect example of how they creatively bashed an issue. I'm totally into the progressive, hybrid vehicle movement, and even I was howling with laughter. What I mean is, in the past, when South Park deals mocks issues I'm an advocate of, I can still enjoy it. I liked Indy IV, but this episode was just plain nasty.

17. darth_degnan

Sep 3, 2008
    You're just too squeamish. It was creative, especially by parodying scenes from other movies with Lucas and Speilberg. And the ending? That was classic.

18. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    You're right! Rape is one of the few things that makes me squeamish.

19. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    [face_plain][face_tired]:( PATHETIC AND A DISGRACE.

20. darth_degnan

Sep 3, 2008
    Just as the movie was.

21. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Ha Ha Ha Very funny you win the sarcastic of the month award :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

22. darth_degnan

Sep 3, 2008
    You asked for it.

23. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I get the feeling that, whilst they may have been disappointed with KotCS, they're lampooning those fans who take these sort of movies way to seriously and have over the top reactions when their expectations aren't met - how often have we heard that such and such movie 'raped' the movie franchise by obsessive fans.

That's how I saw it anyway - I liked KotCS and found the South Park episode to be great as well.

24. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    That's how I saw it as well. As I posted in the JCC South Park thread:

25. EvilFishy

EvilFishy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2008
    I thought the episode was pretty funny. My friend consider's it one of her favorite episodes, but I don't know if I'd go that far. It was definitely more blunt than some of the other episodes. But it's Southpark. You're going to have to expect that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.