main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East South Region Meet Up at Celebration II

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jace Darkrider, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Hello All:

Just trying to get a feeling of who is going to Celebration II from the south region? Folks in the Hothlanta Rebels had discussed trying to meet up with other chapters over the course of the convention. Nothing formal, just perhaps a meal together or something.

By the way, I debated as to whether I should post this here or on the C2 boards. So if an admin wants me to move it over there, let me know. Just wanting to get the feedback going from the region first.

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Since this concerns the South Region, this thread is fine where it is, Jace. :)

Now, who's going to be at celebration from the South region? Speak up, people! :D

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I believe from Nashville:

Elan-Rai
    Hama
    k kanos
    penzargrat
    JediToren
    RocketX

I think there are a few more. I will add them in if they squabble. ;)

4. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I will be at Celebration. Meeting up with the ff group from NYC. Would be nice to meet some of you again. :)

5. Nillanator

Jun 9, 2001
    Surely there are MORE coming from the South than just us few...LOL

;)

6. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Is there a good thread with the specifics? Time, place, anything else? Thanks! :)

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Right now, we're just trying to get an idea of how many folks from the South region are going to celebration. I believe Jace was thinking of setting up a time and place for South region folks to meet for dinner. More info should be coming soon. :)

8. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    That was exactly what I was looking for. Many of the Hothlanta Rebels will be in Indy by Thursday evening. So we were looking at a dinner deal then. This way we wouldn't interfere with anyones plans for the rest of the weekend. But we would really dig having other folks from the south join us. And Nilinator, you are more than welcome to join up with us if you want. You can leave them Yankees from NYC behind for a bit ;) Of course, all are welcome. But it would be cool to meet other southern fans.

9. Nillanator

Jun 9, 2001
    Getting together with yall sounds great but my flight doesnt get in til a little after 8pm on Thursday. If I dont make it for dinner, then we could always do a breakfast or lunch thing like at DragonCon...lol ;)

10. Nillanator

Jun 9, 2001
    Is anyone planning on attending the FanForce Party?

11. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, I'm gonna step up for the Hothlanta Rebels. Right now, no one is planning to attend the party that I know of from our group. While we all really wanted to, it seemed quite expensive for soda and pizza. That is part of the reason I was trying to get folks together for dinner on Thursday. It may just end up being the Hothlanta Rebels though. Not sure yet.

12. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Oh I'd love to go, but I have problems with my vehicle.

But I promise to be at Celebration III! :D

13. SamakinSkywalker

SamakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Hello I am from Augusta Georgia. I think there are 4 people from Augusta Georgia. There are propably more but those are the only ones i know of at the time. My instant messanger is TheDeflagulater. Come and I.M. me. Bye.

14. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Okay, I had a chance to start thinking about our "official" outing for South members going to CII. There is a restaurant in Indy called Tiki Bob's that is in the downtown area. Basically, it will be dinner there on Thursday evening before the con starts. Time will be 7:30PM local time. If you are interested, please post here by April 30th so I can make reservations for a large group. Right now, it will probably be the Hothlanta Rebels, possibly Nashville After Darth and maybe Nillator from Arkansas. Any other takers??

15. jyaack

jyaack Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2001
    Jace- I'll be there shortly after 7:30.

Dave

Hothlanta Rebels

16. FiorCara

FiorCara Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    Well, it's more than soda and pizza. I'd love to go, but I'll be lucky to have enough money for one auto, much less anything else. :(

~Caleigh

17. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    So what do you plan to do for meals Caleigh?? Not eat the whole weekend?

18. FiorCara

Sep 9, 2001
    Stick a few snack things in my suitcase. My bf will be getting dinner for us both Fri and Sat nights.

Gah. We're both hopelessly broke. Thing is, I've got a bit of money coming... but I don't think I'll be paid in time for Cel II *Sigh*

~Caleigh

19. kenneth1138

kenneth1138 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2000
    Hi im from just outside of Mobile Al, and My wife , daughter , and myself are driving to Indy for C2 , we will leave probly around 3 in the morning thursday , and as much as i would love to meet up with my fellow southerners ,i feel like we will more than likely crash at the hotel till the next morning ,, and friday night will be the party and i think i good time to meet up would be sat. after the concert ,, sunday would be nice but im sure most will probly head out back home sunday ,, im gonna stay till monday and leave when we wake up ,,but if anyonw want to have a southern chapter meeting/dinner after the concert please post your ideas here ,,

20. FiorCara

Sep 9, 2001
    Gah! Am I the only Hothlanta Rebel who is NOT arriving Thursday night? I've got exams damnit! *Sighs*

Fortunately I was able to move the friday one. Couldn't move the one thursday evening though.

Not that we could have swung the extra hotel night anyway...hehe.

~Caleigh

21. Bryan1138

Bryan1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Was curious....could someone grab a T-Shirt for me? Will refund ya... ;)

Big B
    Boone, NC

22. Kueller

Kueller Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I'm form Huntsville and I'm going, though I don't know if ill get there on Thursday night or Friday morning. I will be working the FF table from 4-6 pm on friday and I will be at the party that night so I could talk to someone at the table in that time slot or at the party if you can find me.
    I am interested in meeting some of you guys, and we should come up with a meeting spot somewhere.

23. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, looks like dinner as a group probably won't be anything official now. However, if folks coming in on thursday would like to meet up, PM me and we can figure something out. 3 more day left!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.