main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East South Region newsletter [December 2002's is away!]

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Mar 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Here's an idea I've been kicking around for a while, and I'd like to get some feedback from everyone. I've been thinking of having a newsletter/mailing list specifically for the South Region. Any news, information, events, etc. that pertain to the South Region would be in this.

There are a few questions that I need to find answers to, and I think they should be based on the preferences of the region.

First, will this be simply a newsletter, or will it be a mailing list that anyone can send messages to? If it's the latter, should I approve each message before it arrives in everyone's inbox? It would be slower, but less chance of spam or anything offensive. Another option would be for everyone to send me any news/info and I would send it myself. Then again, it could simply be a newsletter, sent either weekly or bi-weekly, depending on how much is going on.

Second, how much will these emails/newsletters cover? Will it be simply an update on what is going on in the South Region, or will it include significant events in the JC or the Star Wars universe? What about a weekly humor section, or a guest column? Perhaps you've got some interesting idea that you'd like some friendly feedback on before you venture into the E 2/3 forum.

I'm probably going to set up a Yahoo Group for this newsletter, assuming there is enough support for the idea. I'll only add the email addresses that I receive from people who either PM me, reply to this thread and request a subscription, or email me ( Hama@fanforce.net ). You do not have to live in the South Region to subscribe, but you might enjoy it more.

2. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    This is a great idea. I like the newsletter-based proposition rather than the mailing list. I thik mailers will get out of hand eventually. We should all have input on what goes in the SR newsletter though. I would be more than welcome to help you, Hama, on putting this together.
    I think coverage of SW news in the south, meetings among members, etc. would be ideal. SW coverage in general wouldn't be bad either, although most of the content, I think, should be based around the region.
    Of course, this is my $.02 worth of input, but I am open to just about anything.

3. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Hama,

Any news on the newsletter? Will you be needing some help on writing the outline?

4. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Still waiting on subscribers. I think I might mention this in the FanForce Community and Communications forums to try to attract some attention here.

5. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    I will subscribe to that.

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll add you to the list.

7. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Has anyone posted to the newsletter, or is that your job, Hama?

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Right now, the plan is that anyone who has newsworthy information can send it to me, and I'll add it to the newsletter. This will include any submissions for a guest editorial. The format and contents may change over time, but I think it would be best (for now) that I be the only one to send out anything.

9. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    If you think it is newsworthy, I'd like to write a little editorial for QFV to let everyone know the updates and progress that are being made.

I didn't think to ask: is the newsletter weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc.?

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Yeah, a QFV update is just the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Right now, I'm thinking biweekly, although that may depend on how much is going on with FanForce.

11. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Ok. I will work up some kind of editorial for these two weeks and email it to you.

12. DarthSock

DarthSock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    I'll subscribe.

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Just need an email address.

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Right now, I'm planning on sending out the first newsletter on April 16th, and tentatively send one out on the 1st and 16th of each month, depending on how many events and how much information I have.

If anyone has anything to submit, please send it to Hama@fanforce.net no later than April 13th.

MTFBYA!

15. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    i'll subscribe quigon70@hotmail.com

16. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    You're on the list.

17. DarthNivuahc

DarthNivuahc Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Count me in!!

DarthNivuahc@fanforce.net

[face_devil]

18. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    You're in.

19. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hama,

I will email you an editorial on QFV by the end of the day to give everyone an update on its progress. This will be the first spot for the film.

20. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Sounds good. A reminder to everyone else -- the deadline for submitting anything for the newsletter is Friday.

21. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    Put me in at JediRod22@yahoo.com

Darth Sin! :cool:

22. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    You're in.

23. Imperial Politician

Imperial Politician Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 9, 1999