main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Southeast FanForce Con

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    i think it is a great idea for a conglomerated meeting of all. if i had to choose, orlando is a great location. i have info that mgm WILL be conducting its sw weekends again this year. i will check into it again, though. although the dates are near, orlando is hosting the 14th annual FX comic, toy, and collectible convention 1/11-1/12. it's a great time. nonetheless, i know that our chapter would have at least 15 to attend. special guests, contests, games, would be a great addition to the gathered meeting. i will pass the info on with our next meeting.

2. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Well, here's 2cents worth. I didn't go to the Knoxville Ad Con last year, but a close friend did. Several celebs were there, Mayhew, I believe, and others. She said it was a very pleasant experience. We'd both been to Celeb II the month before and I think she appreciated not being squashed by the crowds and being able to see and do everything she went for. If you're looking for an established con to link up with, you might look into the Adventure Con. I believe, and I might be making this up, that the Knoxville Fan Force Chapter works at this con. Well, there's my 2 cents!!

3. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Just a little hint:

If it is down in Georgia at Six Flags, I have a tiny fear of heights. I do like Roller Coasters that are under 80 feet but I want to conquer my fear. So if it's at Six Flags, I'm definately going on Batman and Superman.

-Universal

4. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I love heights and roller coasters. I'll go on the big coasters with you.

5. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    I want to bring this back up to keep it on everyone's mind.

Maybe we can begin the discussion in earnest after January 1.

6. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm still thinking this would be a great idea. :)

7. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    I agree that it is a good idea.

8. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Can we get a decision here?
    I hate to be a pushy guy but...
    Just give us a date and time and we'll all be there as best as we can.
    Carowinds and Charlotte would be excellent or Atlanta would be outstanding.

9. MRFREEZE

MRFREEZE Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2002
    I agree, but everybody want's it to be held in their area. I say Adventure Con in TN.

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    *shrug*

Okay, here's my propositions on locations:

Six Flags over Georgia or Carrowinds (NC/SC border near Charlotte)

My reasoning: They're both theme parks and we could make sure we have a place we could all meet up at at the park and we could all goof off and have fun at the parks themselves. :)

And I say we shoot for a May/June date, so that everyone has time to get over finals, school year and more (and the parks have to be open).

Thoughts?

11. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    That sounds great to me. I'll go wherever I have to go.

12. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    That sounds good to me also. Don't know about Six Flags, But Carowinds has big gathering areas where lunch or a meeting or whatever could be held at.

13. MRFREEZE

MRFREEZE Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2002
    Thumbs down on Six Flags. Adventure Con is May 31-June 1. When is there going to be a vote on this?

14. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    We've got to wait for everyone to return from vacation before we have a vote and come to a few ideas for where we could go.

15. MRFREEZE

MRFREEZE Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2002
    Ok, now that the holidays are over, when are we going to take a vote on this?

16. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Here is my take on this:

The meeting needs to be in a location that is central, as there are chapters in Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas.

Also, I think the Chapter Reps need to weigh in on this. If we have everyone in the Southeast voting on this, it will take forever. The Chapter Reps need to get a feel for what their group would be willing to do, and then the Chapter Reps can make the final decision. Of course, everyone in the Southeast is welcome to voice their suggestions and opinions here, so the Chapter Reps can make an informed decision.

There is no reason to rush this process. Careful planning is necessary for this event to be successful.

Just a humble suggestion from your friendly neighborhood RSA. :)

17. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Good Idea Mandy,

I know for a fact that Jacksonville and Havelock have been planning together, and after talking with Jerri, we are thinking about carpooling to the event together once more. I believe right now we are moving towards Six Flags over Georgia but Carolwinds would be fine also.

Plus, you have to weigh in the costs of hotel rooms and such for everyone who is going, and the age limits of hotels at the place we are going to be going. I know for a fact that certain hotels require you to be the age of 21 or 25 to check in. So we should pay careful attention to that.

That's just my two cents.

-Universal

18. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Minacia -

Cool, we have a republic, then... I live to serve, madame Chancellor.

- Smiling Otter

19. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Yes, the Southeast Region is a Republic, of sorts. ;)

I love democracy... :p

20. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Well, just be careful we don't get any separatist movements starting ;) ! I stand by Minacia on this. To make this a truly fun event for EVERYONE, we need to really plan this out.

21. MRFREEZE

MRFREEZE Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2002
    I agree 100% that this needs to be thoroughly planned out, but it has been nearly two months since this was originally brought up & nobody has been able to come up with a date that is agreeable, let alone a location.

22. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I agree with <i>RidingMyCarousel</i>. We need to focus on a central location like <b>Charlotte</b> or <b>Atlanta</b>, and then coordinate a time when vacations are easily available, and definitely on a weekend that it could be spread out to account for some travel time. Memorial Day weekend get my vote,

23. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Memorial Day weekend would also get my vote for two reasons:

1. Many folks might have Memorial Day off from work, thus making it easier for folks to travel to the event without having to rush to get back to work on a Monday.

2. Memorial Day weekend is in May, which is usually warm outside, but not too warm

24. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    This is sad...when is Memorial Day in May?

And are we looking at a one day thing? ?[face_plain]

(That's what it looks like from this thread, just making sure! :p )

God bless!

<3-Malz

25. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Memorial Day is Monday, May 26th. If we were to hold the event on Memorial Day weekend, I would suggest that we have the event on Saturday, May 24th.

That's just my humble suggestion. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.