main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Southern California Fanforce Beach Day Resources - Post what ye be bringing!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Do we have a BBQ yet?

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Good Question.

There's no name next to it on the list.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We don't as of yet. I'm hoping someone from the OC will bring it?

4. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    I can transport a BBQ in my truck if anyone has one to loan out. I will also contribute to the firebuilding supplies and see how many hamburgers and buns I can bring.

5. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    MK, is there anyone bringing a grill, because I might go after all, and I need to know so that way I can bring *carne asada*;)

6. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    Well... Fire was fun, much was burned (got kicked outta Belmont cause you "Can't burn wood pallets there cause they have nails":_| [face_talk_hand] ) So I ended up at Fiesta, hope the Saterday thing goes well... sorry I can't make it all....

7. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I'm almost tempted to buy a Smokey Joe or other small table top grill, if we don't get a larger one coming to this.

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Edit: I just noticed all the discussion about what I just posted, that being food, but no grill.

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I guess I'll go and look at grills at Target or something. They shouldn't be too much. I'm gonna need a charcoal grill to cook the *bestest* carne asada!

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Is anyone bringing a grill? I haven't got one yet. It'd be easier if someone else brought one because I can't fit one in my Sentra.

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Marshmallows on a stick anybody?

13. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Will post updated who's coming from the IEFF tomorrow.

At the moment it looks like the same as me last update except Rogue_Granger cannot make it.

14. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I know someone mentioned they were bringing wood... I always keep an axe in my truck so if we need one, I have one.

15. tiepilottillard1701

tiepilottillard1701 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 10, 2003
    Too bad. Anyway, I will be there, and I will be there EARLY, as early as I might need to be to get a good parking space.

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    :eek: Is your Jason mask in the glove compartment?

17. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    i will be bringing some of my secret marinade steak and a grill if anyone has a truck i can haul it in

18. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Rion, give me a call Friday evening or sometime Sat and we will see if we can arrange something.

19. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Nah. Full of maps from around the continent.
    I'm a good Canadian kid, my truck is full of tools. Axe, pick-axe, log slitter, sledge hammer, mini-sledge, the list goes on... 100' extention cord... DC/AC Power Converter... ;) You know, everything except the actual stove... :(

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    and the kitchen sink

21. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    OK!!!!!!111!!!!!!1!!!!oneoneone

MAJOR UPDATE WE HAVE TOWER NUMBERS!!!!!!111!!1!!one

ok we will be located inbetween or near towers 11 13 and 15 the are all centrally located by the bathrooms and all that good stuff

and like i said i will bring the grill as well as my super awsome secret sauce steak and i will call Liz or Erik to help haul the grill to the beach im not going to make it there till after 2:30 unfortunatly but i will be there

22. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    I bought a small table top grill today. And some Matchlight type charcoal. But I don't have a table to put it on. I'll have to see if I can find something that will work. This doesn't have a big cooking area, so we will need another grill, but at least there will be one there earlier than Rion's, I'm going to try to get there around 11-ish.

I'll look for my cooking utensils in the morning. And just because I'm bringing a grill, doesn't mead I'm going to do all the cooking on it! o_O

I got my pasta salad made Thursday, I always make it a day or two ahead, because I like to allow the flavors of the dressing, onion and roasted red pepper (which I like to roast myself, rather than get it out of a jar:p ) to meld together and permeate the pasta.

I'll try to remember to throw an extra chair in my trunk, too.

23. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    If I'm hearing this correctly, there are 2, I repeat 2 grills that are gonna be there? Can we verify that so that way I can just bring the carne asada. Thanks;)

MK, you can put back that I'm bringing carne asada!

24. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Yes, please bring it. My grill isn't big, but it's charcoal, the other one coming later is gas.

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    See y'all bright an ealry tomorrow between 10 & 11.

How far is the car park from where we are? I've got 3 crates of water to carry over plus and EZ up and a giant orange frisbee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.