main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Southern New Mexico - "The Outer Rim"

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 27, 2005.

1. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Hello Hello Hello! Seeing as how we are starting to attract new people and I saw a new person on the countdown, I thought this would be a good place for new people or members to introduce themselves!

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask Andrea (Jaina Byrd) or myself (Mandy).

2. gloomypadme

gloomypadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    I haven't really formally introduced myself so here goes.

My name's Davita and I'm 19. I've been a rabid Star Wars fan since I was 11 when my older brother made me watch the originals before he took me to the Special Editions. I remember watching A New Hope and starting the movie on the couch and by the time the movie ended I was on the floor right in front of the tv without remembering how I got there. Hehe. I'm a pre-nursing major at NMSU and I can't wait to meet everyone!

3. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Hello Davita! I'm LJ and I'm 18 (will be 19 in June) and I go to NMSU-A in Alamogordo. I became a Star Wars fan about two months before Episode I was released. My older brother Jerry took me and my nephew to see A New Hope when it was re-released in theatres. I finally got around to watching the OT and have been a devot SW fan ever since. Oh and welcome!

4. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Welcome Davita. My name, in case you didn't know, is Michael. I will be 20 in july.

5. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    Sorry about that. I was using Mandy's computer and forgot to logoff of her name. My name is Michael. I am the one that will be 20 in july. Mandy though, will be 19 on may 2.

6. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I-)zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Even though this thread seems to have dwindled down I figured I can still put my stuff on here. My name is Josh and I am part of the Air Force at Holloman. I can't remember when I became a Star Wars fan it was so long ago. Until recently I was under the impression that the only NM Fanforce was up north, so I am excited to meet everyone whenever the next meeting is set up for in June. Everyone enjoy the movie and I am sure we will all have something to say about it after viewing.

8. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Hey there, Josh! I'm glad you decided to join up here. :D We're a fairly new Fanforce, so you'll get to be an original member. ;) How do you like the Tularosa Basin- and is Holloman treating you well? :)

9. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    It is a better place for me here now that I know there are others just as freaky for Star Wars as I am. I am really looking forward to personally introducing myself to everyone in the group at next months meeting. My wife and I already have tickets for opening day down in El Paso so I am going to miss catching the show out in Cruces with all of you. So did you all have a good trip in Cali? I pretty much grew up at Disneyland as a child. It is some good stuff. I can actually recite every line in the Star Tours ride. Hope you had fun.

10. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Hello Josh! Welcome to the Outer Rim fanforce! It's nice to meet so many fellow Star Wars fans from the Alamo area. You grew up in Cali? Do you like it here in Alamo?

11. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Grew up in Riverside County! Great place to live. Out there is a lot better than here, but I can't completely complain. It is not all bad out here though. Where is everyone else from?

12. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Riverside! We were SO just there!

Anyway... I grew up and all my family is in Western Illinois. :) I've actually been in New Mexico since I was nine years old, however.

13. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    Well, I am from El Paso and I just discoverd this. Its really cool. What do I have to do to join? I wrote my E-mail down on a list at the premire at tinsltown. Is that all I have to do?

14. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey Red_8! I see you found it here okay.

15. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    yeah, I did. So can you answer my question?

16. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Unfortunately I can't answer it. I think when we wrote our e-mails down on that list we became members but I can't say for sure.

Jaina Byrd would probably know.

17. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    Jaina Byrd, can you inlighten us please?

18. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Hey there! Welcome to the FF. You don't even have to write your name down or anything, at any time, to be a part of a Fanforce. We like it when you check in on the boards, and we like it a lot when you come to the meetings. Other than that, nothing specific insofar as membership goes has been determined. :D

19. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Hey there, Red 8 and welcome to the boards. We could really use as many people as possible coming to the meetings. We're really new and still getting off the ground. Oh yeah and recruit people!![face_laugh] Anyway, hope you enjoy the fanforce. We're all nice people, well most of the time!! j/k

20. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I say speak for yourself with the nice people thing. From now on I am mean. Okay not really, or at least I think not. But what do I know. The rest of the bunch is nice though. It will be good to see everyone again. So welcome Red and hope to meet you this weekend.

21. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Hi! I'm millenium dove, although just dove is fine, and I'm from El Paso. I know that it's in TX, but I think el pasoans fit in better here. *smiles* So, um, yeah. I'm new to the fanforce, so if you have any tips or suggestions, I'd be most obliged.

~dove

22. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Hi Dove, welcome to the Outer Rim! What sort of suggestions are you looking for? Oh, and I have to ask, how long you been a Star Wars fan?

23. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Welcome Dove. I'm Ronnie. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Outer Rim, it's been cool so far.

24. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I've been a SW fan since I was 5 and developed my 1st fangirl crush on Han Solo. [face_love] As for suggestions, I was just wondering if there were any specific Outer Rim threads you all recomended or anything.

Thanks for the welcomes, by the way.

25. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I don't think there are any specific threads you need to check out, but I personally suggest checking out the EU Discussion. ;) Anyway, welcome to the Outer Rim! We have a lot of El Pasoans in our group, so don't worry about that part too much. :D Hope to see you at the next meeting. :D