main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Southern New Mexico - "The Outer Rim"

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by mandy_djo, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Hello James. Nice to see a fellow person who lives in Alamo. So, you graduated in 2004? Wow, we went to school together! I don't drive out of Alamo either, so if I get to the meetings it's because someone offers to take me. Do you remember ever seeing me around, my name is LJ. Don't feel bad I've been here for 19 years. LOL. There are worse places on Earth than ol' Alamo.

Oh, and welcome to the Outer Rim. None of us bite, except for Britt. j/k

2. Vadae_Amoga

Vadae_Amoga Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    hmmm...LJ...hmm...im drawin a blank. dont feel bad though...i only really spoke to like 3 ppl back then. i was a shy lil person. though im sure i have seen you and just dont remember

3. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    That's okay James. I was really shy to. I was, and still am, a book nerd. I was pretty much into my classes and had one group of friends I hung out. You know Angie and Mandy who happen to run this fanforce[face_whistling]. I've always been a really shy person, it's just in my personality. I went to go look in my yearbook for you. So, how do you like Wal-Mart? I'm going to college full-time.

4. Vadae_Amoga

Feb 22, 2006
    Wal-marts ok...it pays the bills! always been a night person though so i dont really mind the hours. thinkin about takin a creative writing class sometime though. i use to be shy. dunno if i mentioned that in my last post...kinda tired O_O but workin at wal-mart kinda got me unshy...a little. i use to read books all the time...in class too, ESPECIALLY in class got me in trouble heheh. i wanna get the new timothy zahn star wars book though loved the others of his.Anyway my bed is calling to me!

5. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    You will definitely fit right in if you are into the books. I think that is one thing that everyone in the fan force does. So I have to ask, what area do you work in up at WalMart?

6. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Indeed. And some of us have read most of them, and some of us just a few- but it tends to be a good resource to figure out what to read next. :)

7. Vadae_Amoga

Feb 22, 2006
    I work over in dairy with an annoying short blonde guy that i have little tolerance for now days...and yea the thrawn trilogy and the x-wing series were my favorites.

8. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I like the Thrawn set and so far I am enjoying the X-Wing series. But I have to admit I am only done with book one. There are just too many other books pulling me away from them.

9. Vadae_Amoga

Feb 22, 2006
    how about those Knights of the Old REpublic games....i personally love those. Along with the republic commando....OH and cant forget star wars lego hehe

10. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I'm wrapped up in Battlefront II. I am trying to find time to play Star Wars:Empire at War.

11. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    The few times I have played Knights of the Old Republic, I loved the games. Lego Star Wars was great too, I just wish I could find all the minikit pieces and complete all the superkit to finish the Tantive IV. I always seem to lose all my money during the pod race.

12. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    So have you gotten any farther since we last talked about it at the last meeting?

13. Vadae_Amoga

Feb 22, 2006
    I beat Lego Star wars :D better with 2 players. I cant wait for the second one this fall...and i just got the PC versions of KOTOR 1 and 2. they called out too me..e.ven though i had the xbox versions

14. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Yeah, Lego Star Wars is the only SW video game I've beaten. :D

15. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I am proud to say I am getting a computer at home which means I will soon be starting my KOTOR quest. I plan on trying to find the time to beat both within the next year. Everyone tells me they are long games.

16. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay KOTOR is awesome. I had played some of two before but never any of one. I am having a blast running around trying to do everything. For my first round on the game I decided to go light side, but I will definitely play again and aim for the dark.

17. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    This will sound scandoulous, but I've only ever played one SW game. It was the game for Episode I on Mandy's playstation! EEK! I've heard good things about Battlefront and KOTOR. I wish I was a better gamer cause I love video games. If you're in doubt about how good my gamage is just ask Mandy[face_laugh]. Anyhow, I just bought a Gameboy Advance SP and have had tons of fun playing Tetris worlds with it.

James, if you still post here are you coming to the next meeting this Sunday?

18. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    If you ever get the chance, you have to play Battlefront. Both one and two are great games.

19. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Amen to that.

20. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    So Everett, how's that Battlefront 2 coming along? ;)

21. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Okay I have a few things. First, if anyone knows anybody who is planning to go to Comic Con this year please let me know. Second, Alamogordo is having an event on May 20th called Saturday in the Park. I guess it is a military appreciation day. I am sure some of you have probably heard of it. My question is, do we want to look into getting a booth to put our FF out there? It is a little pricey so we would need everyone to put forth some cash and I think we need to try and have max attendance at the event. I believe we have something like 9 of us (please correct me if I am wrong) so it will be like $8.25 a person. Please keep in mind that although this may earn us some new members, it might also be a bust. But we could definitely set up a decent table to hopefully atract people to at least check us out. The deadline sign up date is 12 May so I need a definite yes or no from everyone ASAP.

22. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I would be willing to do it. I love Saturday in the Park!

And Comic Con I'd love to go to, but I haven't made any plans for the summer yet.

23. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Any other anwers for Saturday in the Park? If I don't hear a yes from at least 90% by Wednesday I think we are going to disregard this event.

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure how that will go. Most of the time, people set up booths to sell things. Do we want to raise money for a charity? I would be willing to help out. Let me know.

25. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I think we would more go for a display collection items. It might be a good way to get more people to join. But I don't want to speak for everyone in saying that everyone will come and pay some money for the booth. I will give it a few more days to hear from people before calling it off.