main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Southwest Region Members Band Together !!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by VoidDancer, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Denver, Colorado has the goal of closing the 900+ post gap that seperate them and New South Wales by the end of the year, and to be come the largest board in Fan Force. (Denver 41,083 posts, New South Wales 41,965 posts)

This Thanksgiving weekend, starting thursday at 8am (MDT) and running until sunday 8pm (MDT), they are having a Sock Posting Extravaganza. The point is to create a sock and stay in character with that sock in that thread, then guess who the other socks are..but have fun either way. The official rules and details are below, but I'd like the entire southwest to help out Denver and to have a blast doing it, thanks. If you chose to go the last step and guess who is who, please only PM the Moderator with complete lists of your guesses. You can update the lists, but have mercy on her and don't send 1 guess at a time :)

PM me if you have any questions.

***OFFICIAL RULES***
    Taken from the Rocky Mountain Fan Force Handbook and edited for Sock Games only

Alter Ego Weekend ? Once a month we hold a weekend where everyone is welcome to make a sock (a false ID) to post with and try to fool the other members. Below are the rules and regulations for this event.

Official Rules and Regulations for the RMFF Alter Ego Weekend Events

Rack your brain and come up w/ a clever name and bio for your new identity. The more work you do on this part of the task, the better your chance is to fool everyone.

Log Off of the FanForce board and then go to Register. Type in your new name and get started filling in that profile.

Wait for the festivities to begin and post away.

LIMITS: Maximum of 2 Alters per Weekend event. More than this causes a problem w/ the JC, so let?s keep them off our backs.

Remember to stay in character the whole time and don?t mix up your ID?s, or you?ll give yourself away.

Before you begin to post w/ your new ID, PM the moderator (PtrsonsZOO), w/ your real identity and your Alter(s).

The Moderator will keep a running list of Alters so that you can use it to make your guesses.

All guesses must be PM?d to the Moderator by no later than 10AM Monday morning, however you can make guesses all weekend. The last PM will be considered the final say.

Shortly after the guessing deadline, the Moderator will post a brief list of the results, followed by a full breakdown to be posted to the website later on by the Webmaster.

All sock games must follow the RMFF Rules of Sock Behavior found below.

And finally, get creative, get crazy and have a ball cuttin? loose!!

All sock games must follow the RMFF Rules of Sock Behavior found below.

RMFF Rules of Sock Behavior

1) No clone socks. We are each capable of getting people upset at us individually and as a group, we do not need someone else to help.

2) Wearing a sock does not necessarily absolve one of acting with the proper etiquette and protocol, (Where's C-3PO when you need him?) Particularly during invasions of other boards. Remember, even as a sock your words reflect on both you and the group.

3) Socks created for guessing games must be revealed at the end of said game. A constantly running game of guess the sock could be established where a sock is used until someone guesses who it is.

4) When creating a sock for a guessing game do not pretend you are a new member of the boards. It may be fun, but if we do get a new person at that time it could chase them off.

7) Remember that it is all in good fun, don't get upset over what another sock says unless it's really over the top. Don't use your sock to make personal attacks on anyone else. Also, don't get onto people whose posts seem like they don't know what's going on.

2. mini_pounce

mini_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2002
    yes sir Mr. VD sir. :D

sounds like fun... muahahahahahahahahaha *rubs her hands together and runs into a tree*

Ow....

3. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Ya know, in retrospect..is it legal to get this many screwballs together ?

Oh well :)

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Can't you make it legal? ?[face_plain]

5. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I can but I don't want to. I'd like to see them try and stop us all :D

6. mini_pounce

mini_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2002
    HEY! who you call'n screwball!?

~mini_screwball~

7. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    There is nothing wrong with being a screwball. :D I know I can be at times. course it's hard to tell at other times.

8. Topic_Locked

Topic_Locked Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2002
    could be fun

9. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    *blink*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.