main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Southwest Regional Sock Fest Game!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hello! Greetings from the little Fan Force that could . . . Tucson!

We are pleased to be hosting a great game for the SouthWestern Regional Fan Forces! Sock Puppet Showdown!

Sock Puppet Showdown will be held starting Monday, September 19th thru Sunday, September, 25th

You can register your sock on the boards anytime before then (if you don't have a few hiding away already) ;). Once sock week begins you can post in the official Sock Puppet Showdown thread with your sock. You might give a hint or two as to who you really are. For instance, if I was posting with a sock, I might say "But it's a dry heat" to tip you off that I'm in Arizona.

When sock week is done I'll be asking everyone to PM me with a the name of their sock and their real user name. Then we will have a contest to see who can guess which sock belongs to who.

There will be a prize of VIPship for the person who fools the most people with their sock.

I'll be the Official Game Host so I won't be playing. But a sock or two (or three or four) of mine might stop in but I'll identify it as my sock ;)

Questions? My PM box is open!

~Jada

2. QUEEN_MARNEW

QUEEN_MARNEW Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2003

For those who don't know what a sock is, it is an account besides your main user name that you usually use to post. For instance, some people create different socks for various holidays or to post fan fiction. Other people just have alot of personality and one user name doesn't express it all (um, that's me!)

Our boards do require you to have a separate email address in order to register a "sock" account. You can do that through yahoo and hotmail to name two. Just make sure you check your bulk email folder in case the message from the tf.n boards goes in there.

And this is an example of a "sock" as this is Dark_Lady_Jada posting. If you click on the QUEEN_MARNEW name you'll see that the Watched Users List is full of my socks. [face_laugh] :eek:

this game is sanctioned by our Lord and Master BrotherHalo ;)

3. Sockme

Sockme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2003
    Yes, this is another one of my socks. I've got a million of them. 8-}

I've sent up a Q&A General Information thread in the SouthWest Regional Discussion forum. I'll be posting answers to questions there. You can PM me (Dark_Lady_Jada) or ask there.

:D

4. Pirateme

Pirateme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Don't forget this starts tomorrow!

5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Hey everyone! Just a reminder.. Sockfest starts soon.. less than 24 hours!! Get your socks ready to outguess everyone else!! Come join the fun. Still time to create a sock if you do not already have one!! Come out and support your SouthWest Region Fan Force!!!

6. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
  7. Snoreme

Snoreme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    I need all participants to PM me their sock name and real user name

~Jada

8. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Sorry, should have indicate to sent it to this account. ;)

9. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    OK folks, this is how it works.

Below is a list of sock names and real user names. Your job is to match them up. Which ever sock fools the most people is the winner of the game.

PLEASE PM ME YOUR GUESSES!

Sock Names
    DarthSockie
    S-K-Y-W-A-L-K-E-R
    JediMaster-Bond
    Mis-Cue-T
    pool_creature
    Razela
    Ashmatic_jukebox
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    El Cucuy
    RalphW