main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Soviet to Fascist: A Russian Journey

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by farraday, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Okay but as long as they're having free elections, then who cares whether it's parliamentary versus presidential, or direct democracy versus republicanism? Those are just minor technicalities, but as far as I know, the "free election" part still hasn't been established yet.

2. Sherylin

Sherylin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    If anyone is interested to hear my opinion...

Well, I think Medvedev will be elected as our next President, and Putin will be the Prime Minister. The same people will control our country, and all will be well for me and for my family, I hope. Everyone is really nervous, because people are afraid of the financial difficulties due to the problems of our economy.

For american people this may be a question of statistics and politics, but for me this is where I live, and I have family here.

3. renegade142

renegade142 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2007
    Although I don't understand most of the politics behind it, things like that make me glad that I live in America now... I pity the way my homeland is, but I proudly say that I am Russian, and that I have not stooped down to the sad level my former countrymen and women have.

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Too bad all is not well for those who dare to speak out negatively about the existing regime. The Soviet-- I mean Russia is certainly looking more fascist all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.