main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

space battle/end of clone war

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by son-of-skywalker13, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    i have heard lots of people saying stuff about a minor space battle at the very beginning of EP. 3 ..... my feeling is that if there is a space battle i want it to be big .... the PT needs a good space battle

2. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    sadly enough, being a star wars fan, the space battles are my 2nd least favorite part. the only thing worse are stupid-ass aliens. [face_plain]

3. Dampo

Dampo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    The only space battle that excited me is in ROTJ.

4. Sketcher

Sketcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    i would like to see a space battle at the beginning of ep3. it'd be cool seeing the federation ships making a last stand (over alderan maybe) against the republic assault ships.

5. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I don't care how big it is as long as it doesn't top ROTJ. I mean, Lucas always says we have to view them in order and follow the story, so he can't try to top everyhting just so he Episode III is a success at the box office and critics.

6. Rabid_Monkey

Rabid_Monkey Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    actually i would love to see a MASSIVE space battle, we're talking ROTJ x4 or so, like fighters EVERYWHERE, capital ships shooting it out with whatever they got, just a battle with star destroyers all over the place, rebel "capital" ships everywhere, all it is is lasers going back and forth. i just want to see capital ships fight it out.

7. son-of-skywalker13

May 27, 2002
  8. MrSloth

MrSloth Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I third R_M motion. One of the things I've always wanted to see in the prequels is a huge epic space battles that rivals ROTJ.

9. lightblade

lightblade Jedi Master

May 23, 2002
    I'd like to see a really good space battle somewhere in Episode III, but it doesn't have to be huge, IMO. Just a good dogfight between Anakin and a few other pilots would suit my fancies. This doesn't mean the battle has to be short or not intense, but just enough to further show Anakin as a great pilot. Maybe Anakin/Vader going up against a few Jedi Starfighters? :D

10. Master_O

Master_O Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2002
    I too am itching for a MASSIVE space battle. It would be awesome to see the republic ships futily try and stop the federation fleet...or perhaps an imperial fleet, whatever it may be. I'd like to see tons of capital ships go down. A good space battle is what is missing from the PT, in my opinion.

11. son-of-skywalker13

May 27, 2002
    i dont understand how people dont like space battles .... they are great.

i think there will be a space battle but you never know

12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    George said Ep. 3 would be a more personal, smaller movie. AotC was the epic with a raging battle and the beginning of the war. I insinuated that Ep. 3 would be more about just Anakin and his final fall. While I'm certainly not against a huge space battle, I don't know if it'd fit in with what George has so far said about Ep. 3. But you never know.

13. Rabid_Monkey

Rabid_Monkey Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    the whole anakin story reminds me of a planeswalker (from magic the gathering). anakin was happy, but he lost/is gonna lose everything he loves, is betrayed by the ones he cared for (jedi order). after he lost all the love and people, he went mad with his sudden power....what am i talking about?! but i really feel sorry for him, this guy who just wanted to have a girlfriend/kinky relationship with padme, the jedi order says no.

14. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    EP3 will not be ENTIRELY small and personal. The beginning will most likely feature a massive battle sequence, possible a space battle. After that, the story will go in a more personal direction. So as the republic turns into the Empire, Anakin Skywalker will turn to the darkside.

15. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    God, I hope there aren't any big space battles in ep3. It's the one thing that the OT has and the PT doesn't; let's leave it that way.

No? Well think about this:

Someone sits down to watch the entire 6 episode saga for the first time. That person will notice that the PT has a lot of complex lightsaber duels and massive land battles. But that's fine; the PT is all about the prime of the Jedi so it makes sense. If a huge space battle was added to that formula, what would be left in the OT?

Nothing
    Lightsaber duels? Everything in the PT overshadows the OT ones
    Land battles? Geonosis easily outdoes Hoth

The one thing that the OT has which craps over anything in the PT is space battles. Nothing beats the intensity of the DS trench run, or the complexity of the Endor space battle. How good would these battles be if they were overshadowed in a previous chapter? It'd be like "bah! been there, done that"

So, in summary:
    No space battles thanks :p

16. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Are you forgetting the Naboo space battle? I know it wasn't HUGE or anything, but it was noteworthy. The Graphics out did anything in the OT. I think if people watch the saga in order, they will stil think the OT space battles lack, if only for seeing the Naboo battle, and Jango/Obi-wan. [/color]

17. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I wouldn't rank the Naboo space battle in the same league as anything from the OT. I'd hardly call it a battle; all we really saw was Anakin accidently destroying the control ship; no skirmishes or dogfights. No tension

18. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I agree with the administration on this issue.

I would like to see some decent space action in the PT, though. This is STAR WARS after all, not "Land Wars" or "Saber Wars". Yes, that's a lame comparison, but it's late. :p

Besides, Anakin hasn't proven that he's the best fighter pilot in the galaxy yet. The only time he's flown so far (apart from Coruscant) is in ANH, and he got knocked into outer space by Han Solo. Han f'n Solo for cryin' out loud! I want to see Anakin taking control of a Jedi Starfighter and laying waste to a few Separatist fighters. That kid's got some anger management issues, he needs to vent.

19. son-of-skywalker13

May 27, 2002
    while i dont doubt anakins piloting skills(took out everyone in trench run in ANH,only person to ever pod race, coruscant chase scene).... i do think it would be cool to see him in another major space battle where he is just tearin it up.

20. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Hawk, you suck up. :p Anyway, I don't care about the OT. ;) I want to see a wicked evil Space battle. I think GL will redo all the space battles for the super duper DVD version of the OT anyway. :D[/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.