main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Space battle pics from ROTS anyone?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by RocketFett, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketFett

RocketFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    I need to "update" the space battle themed Star Wars movie montage pic at the top of my homepage and add an ROTS one. Does anyone have any they could e-mail me, or post here, or give me the urls to? Also, if there is one from AOTC that shows Slave I firing on Obi-Wan's Jedi starfighter in the asteroids, I'd like that one also. I never did find one of that, so I just have one of the fighter itself. Thanks. :)

Allen.

2. boba_svelte

boba_svelte Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2003
    well, you can download the QT teasers of EPIII, which there are four of, then pause at the scene you want and COPY the picture and finally paste it into Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro

3. RocketFett

Aug 10, 2001
    Boba Svelte, okay, I haven't tried that before. Didn't know QT movie viewer would even let you do that. I'll give it a shot. I wasn't even aware you could do that. Just play one of the trailers on the QT movie viewer and pause it and it will let you save that frame as a pic? I'll go try it. Thanks. :)

4. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    You can also pause it on the picture you want, and then push "Print Screen" on your keyboard. Then, open Paint Shop, or Paint, or whatever, and "Paste" the image. Then, you can crop it, adjust it, save it, whatever you like.

5. RocketFett

Aug 10, 2001
    Queenie, I thought I could get it to work since it was in a QT format, but it loaded it in the Macromedia format and it wouldn't let me capture any frames. I don't get why sw.com won't let you just save it to the computer. I mean, it's been on tv in it's entirety and in theaters already, so it's not like there's anything in that trailer that no one has seen yet. :) I did find a good pic from it though. Now I just need one from AOTC showing Obi-Wan's Jedi fighter being shot at by Slave I in the Geonosian rings. Seen any of those lately?

6. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Try searching Google for the ROTS trailer. You will be able to find site(s) from which you can download it to your computer. I don't remember where I got all of mine from...just random places that came up in the search.

Try Grilled Sarlacc's site: here for some good Geonosis options. Check out the rest of the site for other AOTC shots, too. It's good stuff. :)

7. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I didn't know you could save a picture using the "print screen" button ... interesting ...

8. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yes, it helps with those pesky "Right-click is not allowed" sites. ;)

9. RocketFett

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks Queenie! There are a few there that I can use, just have to decide which I like better. That's just what I haven't been able to find the past couple years. Thanks. :)

10. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I just got the soundtrack for ROTS and it had a DVD with it (it's music videos for all 6 movies) and it had a few shots of space battle scenes from ROTS.

11. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    ...and a beautiful DVD it is.

12. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Not to get too far off subject (for this thread) ... I did like the little intros before each video.

13. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Ian McDiarmid is gold. He, obviously, is a great actor, and I found him very entertaining as a host to the DVD.

The DVD is awesome. I laughed at how they edited some of the clips, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

The ROTS soundtrack is incredible, as well. I can't get enough of it. It is SO different, yet somehow so similar to the rest of the saga. I love John Williams.

14. RocketFett

Aug 10, 2001
    I'd totally forgotten about the soundtrack. Can't wait to get it. From what you all say, it's a really great package. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.