main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Space Cases! That Nickelodian sci fi show from sometime in the 1990's!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Andalite-Bandit, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    Does anybody remember the sci fi show on Nick in the middle or late-ish 1990's called Space Cases? This is the show about when some kids at some space school sneak on an alien space ship and accidentally get lost in space or something.

I can not remember too much about the show but I remember I thought it was neat back then. I remembered about this show because I thought I remembered Kaylee from Firefly from some other tv show that was sci fi but I couldn't think of what it was, so I looked on imdb and then I saw "Space Cases" so I was like "Space Cases!! Now I remember!!"

Also, Zack from the original Power Rangers is a character on this show. Also on this show is an alien that has super hearing powers, and the Power Ranger guy doesn't like him because of predjudice, and he learns a lesson about that later on!

I think there was even space battles in this show. Definetely there were lasers.

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Haha, I used to love this show when I was younger. I also had a super crush on Jewel Staite on it...which mirrored the one I had on her when she was on Firefly. My life has come full circle.

3. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I loved this show in a big way. I miss the days when there were intelligent shows on Nick.

One of my favorite exchanges was in the later seasons, when the ship was boarded by whoever the Klingon equivalents were.

Cmdr. Goddard: "I am Commander Seth Goddard."
    Big Bad Guy: "Commander Seth Goddard..."
    CG (cocky): "You've heard of me."
    BBG: "No. I just want to get it right when adding it to the list of people I've killed."

M. Scott

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Rebecca Herbst who played Suzie currently stars as Elizabeth Webber on the soap General Hospital.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I remember bonding with my daughter over this show... especially as the young man who played Zack, the black Power Ranger was on it. Also Jewel Straite (Kaylee from Firefly/Serenity) was in it. :) :)

6. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    I vaguely remember that show. Wasn't there a girl named Andromeda who had this friend named Susy and when people would say Susy was imaginary Andromeda would be like "She's not imaginary, she's invisible!" and then later Susy and Andromeda switched places and then I never saw Andromeda again and I don't know what happened to the show.

How long ago was that? I only remember bits and pieces like that. Actually, that's pretty much all of the plot I can remember and until I saw this thread I couldn't recall the name of the show.

7. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    No no, her name was Catalina. Radu, the guy with the spirally ears, was an Andromedan.

M. Scott

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I vaguely remember that show as well. Heh. Seems that how most of us do.

9. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Oh my gosh I LOVED this show! I have about ten episodes on tape that I watch when I am feeling like recalling my childhood. Space Cases was one of the better Nick shows and will forever remain my absolute favorite. Catalina was my idol...but I almost think Suzee was cooler in retrospect. She could breathe even without oxygen. Now there's a useful skill.

10. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm hoping that they release this on DVD. Nick has already released Pete and Pete and Clarissa Explained it All on DVD, and I know they're planning on Are You Afraid of the Dark and another show.

11. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    That was the name! I remember loving this show! Like Star Trek for kids. Great show.

12. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I remember the ship in that show having the exact same design as the blade ship from Animorphs. Any thoughts on this A-B?

13. DeathStarZero

DeathStarZero Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Yes, I remember it quite well. It was my favourite show growing up, and actually, it was the reason I started watching Star Wars (after seeing Space Cases I became obsessed with space/sci-fi and wanted to see everything like that).

I have all the episodes.

14. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Oh wow! Space Cases! I remember that show, I loved it when I was a kid. It had such a clever plotline and always kept me talking about it. It was definately my favorite Nick show growing up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.