[Space Combat Sim] Darkstar One

Discussion in 'Games' started by jp-30, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    if you're running norton or mcafee for gods sake disconnect and disable them, they're so resource hungry! close everything in the systray that's unnecessary, maybe even use the software explorer tool from windows defender to close other progs that take up precious ram.

This game looks so so nice i'm gonna buy it when I buy a new computer. Which won't be for a while :p
  2. Thamelion Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a problem with this game: every time i try to start this game it gives me a error message in German.
    I have translated the message but it is not realy helpfull as they havent fixed it and its been two weeks :
    Roofridge PAGE: Ascaron exception error
    An unexpected, heavy error arose!
    Unfortunately also our products are not always free from errors.
    Despite intensive and lengthy test it can seem to the software again and again that errors remain undiscovered.
    But you can contribute to the fact that we repair the error!
    With the Ascaron error reporting you can communicate us closer information about the crash cause comfortably.
    Our programmers feel the error with the sent information thereupon up and repair it!
    How do I use this program? They must send simply only on the ââ?¬Å?reportââ?¬ï¿½ - button press (and naturally connected with the Internet its).
    If you liked, you can before register also your contact contacts on the side ââ?¬Å?personalââ?¬ï¿½; this makes it for us possible to contact you if we need still more information for the elimination of errors of you.
    This can be extremely helpful!
    What do all mean these data?
    The indicated data are interesting actually only for technical personnel such as programmers.
    So that you can see, which information will transfer, these information here indicated in plain language.
    Second part Data security reference!
    The Ascaron Entertainment GmbH takes the protection of the Privatsph�¤re of its customers very seriously.
    Since also an error report can contain like this personal data, you are to know, what exactly passes sent data with their us:
    Data storage Us sent data automated in our error management system are stored.
    All stored data are linked with the project associated for application.
    As soon as the support for this project expires, all associated data are deleted.
    Data access Only authorized persons have access to its data, this are excluding coworkers of the Ascaron Entertainment GmbH.
    The data are not publicly accessible and by suitable authorizing measures protected.
    Data utilization The sent error reports serve excluding the error tracing.
    The data are not used for marketing or other purposes.
    Programmers are dependent to delete the sent data as soon as they are not no more needed for the error tracing.

Confusing huh[face_hypnotized] ?
    Can any one help me with this?

PS: Please dont tell me to reinstall the game because ive tried 8 blooming times and it was as usefull as a slap in the face[face_beatup] and yes i have looked for patches but they had nothing but mod support[face_frustrated] .
  3. Thamelion Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sujestions would be appreaciated
  4. Thamelion Jedi Knight

star 3
    hell a song and dance would be apreciated the way this is going.
  5. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Dude, not everyone sits on their computer all day every day just waiting to answer questions like yours. Give people a few days.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. lol

My suggestion is take the game back with a print out of that error, or contact the company - as it says 'our products are not free from errors' or whatever.
  6. Thamelion Jedi Knight

star 3
    I dont spend every hour of every day on the computor i just check every few hours.
  7. herreck Jedi Padawan

hey dude
    i've got exactly the same prob here...
    hav been searchin the web since, all i found is something
    in german wich tells you to delete your "config.bin" in your saved games directory
    i've tried that and i thought it worked! but after i loaded my game as soon as i fire
    a shot from my guns i get another error saying about the same thing... i've been looking all over
    4 a cure but nothing helped yet.... good luck, i'll post the cure here if i finaly find it

greets
  8. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    I didn't bother to read through your problem - mainly because I don't have time nor do I care, but try looking around here - The International Community: Darkstar One Forum under the FAQ or Technical Support sections or do a general search.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.