main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Space fleet games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Excellence, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    Has anyone ever tried Homeplanet ? (No, I don't mean "Homeworld" - I mean "Homeplanet". It's a different game in the same genre.)

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Never heard of it. Old?

3. Ryozo

Ryozo Jedi Master star 1

Oct 3, 2002
    'Nuff said. That Homeworld 2 allows you to have your own logos in addition to custom color combinations is icing on the cake (not to mention a thing that carried over to WH40K: Dawn of War).
    One thing has always puzzled me, though: why Paramount/whoever never thought of letting the Relic crew develop the Armada games... or LucasArts didn't think along similar lines for Empires At War (okay, in that case, the space combat is just 'half' of the game). I for one have always belived that fully-3D space combat is sorely missed in the Star Wars and Star Trek universes.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

My dislike for Star Wars games still set in the sacred movie period 15yrs later aside, I'd kill for a Starcraft-RTS-space fleet game like Homeworld 2, sans the horrendous game controls and spastic menu screens! [face_praying]

5. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    It may be of interest to know that there were Star Trek vs. Star Wars mods for both Star Trek: Armada games IIRC. They were supposedly fairly nice and well designed.

6. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    excellence I really like the StarFleet Command II space sim.

Every played it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.