main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Space Station at the end of Episode 3 - will it be in EP4 ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: No Spoilers Allowed' started by malkieD2, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Remember the last shot of EP3 - Vader, Palpatine and some other guy on the bridge of a space ship ?

Well there was a big space station type thing outside, and I think it was the "greatest weapon ever built" thing that the separatists talked about in EP2 (remember the hologram thing?).

Will this feature in Episode IV ?

2. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    depends on how long is between the movies.... 5, 10 years? Probably! But if it's more it might be archaic by then

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    A space station? I think that's a little far fetched even for Lucas.

4. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I thought that was a place where they stored extra parts for starship maintenance. :p

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I agree with Tracy that it depends on how far in advance of ROTS the new film will be. Remember technology advances very fast, and a space station built at the end of ROTS would be obselete by completion if it took say... 10 years to build.

6. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I still say it looks like a bomb.

[image=http://www.dylankinney.com/images/bomb.jpg]

7. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    What if that was just the first one?
    What if the Empire builds a whole bunch of those things?

8. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I fail to see how this could be a true threat to anyone.

Space station != space ship, guys, so as long as you stay far enough away, how can it hurt you?

Though having lots of these in all the Imperial systems might be the plan.

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    That's no space station, it's a moon.

Seagoat likes this.
  10. JediCouncilMember

JediCouncilMember Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2003
    Oh come on, that looked way to big to be a moon.

11. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'll say yes. They made a big deal about it in AOTC and in ROTS so it must be important. Poggle called it the ultimate weapon. Of course I have no idea who it's going to be used against or what it does.

Seagoat likes this.
  12. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I think Lucas was giving us a red herring with Poggle's "ultimate weapon" plans and then showing us the round thing at the end of ROTS. I bet it's going to come out looking different than what we saw in the plans. Maybe there will be two of them, and under that, an arc. You know, to make a smiley face.

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I don't know if you guys read the EU but there's a living planet called Zonoma Sekot and Lucas has to stick to the EU so that's probably what they're building at the end of ROTS except it's not really living it's a robot. Or maybe they're building another planet, a robot planet, and the two are going to fight in Ep4. Maybe that will be the big lightsaber duel at the end.

14. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    i heard that this Space Station will have enough Firepower to Destroy an entire planet, if it is finished in time.

15. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    No way. There's no way someone as original as GL is going to reuse the battle station idea in another movie!

16. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    What, so we'd have to have a space battle over a space station, just like in Episode One? How original. [face_plain]

17. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    no doubt with a young skywalker flying inside the spacestation in a space ship and shooting something random which results in the explosion of the space station :rolleyes:

Something new please GL.

18. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    Too big to be a moon? What are you talking about. It's all a matter of perspective in space. ILM just messed up. It's probably some render error they left in since it was generally unnoticable.

~JW

19. Lord_Of_Sith

Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    The "Ultimate Weapon" is integral to EP IV - if you've read about how SW was written, Lucas originally intended it to be in TPM. That movie was going to end with an all-out Wookie assault on a HUGE Trade Federation space battlestation. It didn't fit into that film so he kept pushing it back, introducing it in AOTC. My guess is Chewbacca and Tarfulls lead that attack!

20. Darth-Tobias

Darth-Tobias Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2006
    I don't know if that space station thing will be back in IV(what should we call it anyway- "Doom Moon", "Murder Ball"?)... but something tells me that the real estate bubble on Alderaan is about to burst.

21. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    ... what should we call it anyway- "Doom Moon", "Murder Ball"?...

How about "The Kill Planet"?

And BTW, does anyone know how much time will transpire between III and IV? Will the twins (I can't remember their names) be Anakin's age in TPM, or younger? :confused:

22. Darth-Tobias

Darth-Tobias Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2006
    I bet the twins don't have a very big role in the next episodes. I bet the main characters will be Palpatine and Bail Organa. They'll probably get most of the screen time.

23. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    i wonder what they will call it?? i like the sound of Murder Ball but it sounds a bit stoopid for a military instalation. Maybe it'll something technical like Station 1138-Wilhelm/Thx.

or knowing Lucas they'll stick with soomething stoopid and cliche...like death star, or shadow moon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.