main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Space Station With A Super Laser System

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ulkesh2, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    People listen the Confederacy Of Independent Systems is attempting to build a space station with a planet destroying super laser. They most likely succeed and unleash it on the Galactic Republic. My speculation is Anakin will save the day by destroying the space station. Meanwhile any official left over plans for this kind of weapon falls into the Republic's military research divisions. The Republic becomes the Empire and the spoils of the Clone War are exploited fully with time and need. My point is that Episode 2 has NOT wrecked the EU. In fact its given the EU more fuel. The Nazi regime nearly had A-bombs and jet fighters before the allies. Only because of defections and poor strategy did the Nazi regime lose. The Allies picked up where the Nazi regime failed. A similar kind of subtext explains the 'Death Star' controversy. Purists 0. Completists 1.

2. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
  3. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    There's already an explanation for why we see the Death Star plans in AOTC involving Bevel Lemelisk, the Geonosians, Raith Sienar, Sidious, Dooku, Tol Sivron, Qwi Xux, Tarkin, and their associates. I'm sure TalonCard can tell you the whole story.

Yours is a good idea, though.

4. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Heh! That would put a whole new, ironic spin on the opening scenes of ANH:

Vader: Where are the plans you intercepted?!

Leia: Plans?! What plans?! We're on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan...

Vader: Look, I didn't steal those things umpteen years ago just to turn around and have the daughter-I don't-know-I-have steal them from me!

:D

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The Nazi regime nearly had A-bombs and jet fighters before the allies.

Granted, the Nazis never managed to get the bomb, but they had several jet fighters as well as rocket fighters.

6. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    "Granted, the Nazis never managed to get the bomb, but they had several jet fighters as well as rocket fighters. "

Yeah, there was no "almost" about the jet fighters, no other nation used them in combat until Korea. As for rocket fighters, they went nowhere postwar, though that technology did see a lot of use in ICBMs and the space program. It wound up being a battle of "our captured german scientists are better than your captured german scientists" between the US and Russia.

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    What I think that will happen is that Dooku gets the plans, turns them over to Palpatine, who then:
    a) Takes them, claims that they are a seperatist design and will be used against them, which is a bit unlikely,
    or
    b) Palpatine gets the plans the same way as above, but keeps the entire plan under wraps until ANH

8. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    ICBMs and the space programs came more from German V rockets than rocket fighters. Though the short lived rocket assisted take-off planes probably depended more on studies of German rocket fighters.

9. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    You're right, the V2 did have more to do with the space program than the Komet, which was a Hellmuth Walter design rather than Von Braun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.