main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Space Travel

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Lord_Melkor, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    :p Yeah, but I have them doing seat work today since so many needed to make up a test...so what better way to pass the time... Oh, no I said "pass" [face_laugh] Man it is scary that I am in charge of all these impressionable young minds isn't it? ]-}

2. JABBA_JO

JABBA_JO Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    Just tell them you talking about space travel.

3. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    This has been a good friday!

4. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    Yes...space travel...maybe I could make that fly, but some of them also caught me posting the pics from Saturday too. They know I'm doing nothing constructive! :p It has been a good Friday though, it's fun "farting around" on the boards with you all.

5. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I think we need another Friday Dance off!!!!!
    [image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/darthgiese/animated/com0127nu11ke.gif]

6. JABBA_JO

Jul 7, 2005
    Lets get Crazy! [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/jestrada21/cart004.gif]

7. JABBA_JO

Jul 7, 2005
    So no one wants to have a dance off huh? [face_chicken]

8. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    shaak,

you can teach them since there are no air molecules in space they can fart as often and as smelly as they want and nobody will know it...w/o air molecules sound can not travel either so it's the best of both worlds.

9. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    Hey true, very true! I actually had a student do a project for me on that (well it was the math behind the phenomenon) and used the battle scenes from Star Wars Movie as part of his visual component. I also had a student do a project on the size and trajectory needed for the most effective use of the trebuchet (u know the big catapult things) from the Return of the King movie. Boy these kids know how to butter up their teacher don't they? :p Course I make it easy cuz I'm so cool. lol [face_laugh]

10. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    damn....I want to go back to school if you are teaching!!!!

11. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Where do you teach??? I wish my science/math teachers were cool like you. They were good enough to interest me enough to get an engineering degree.

12. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    I'm at Albuquerque High. I make them do their fair share of the usual math junk too, but every few weeks or so I try and change it up. And I have at least one big project a nine weeks so I don't have to give so many tests...so one of those projects is to research Math in Pop Culture. I love it my kids do some great stuff!

13. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    ok, now you all, this thread has gotten off track

back to space travel

14. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    What about time travel? Is it possible? I say for sure it's easier to travel forward in time than back becuase of the distances in space and relativity and stuff. But maybe wormholes would help too! See I can get back on topic...kinda. :)

15. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Time Travel - I would go back in time.....back to 1984 and I would tell myself that when this blonde comes into the bar I was working at....to make sure after I card her and tel her we do not serve minors....kick her butt out the door and tell her to never come back. That is what I would do.....but there are several other times I would go back to also! Most would be to grab historical artifacts!

16. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    I would go back in time to Alpine Valley and tell SRV not to get in that helicopter.

17. Shaak_Vi

Jul 14, 2005
    Oooh, have you read A sound of Thunder or seen the movie? My friends keep telling me that going back is a bad idea cuz I'm gonna screw things up...but I would never screw anything up! :p When I build my time machine I'll let you borrow it okay Jess?

18. DJ_Rebo

DJ_Rebo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Hell yeah! I would like Tell SRV not to go in the chopper too, then I would put Those lame "rockers" (and I am using the term "rocker" very loosley here mind you!) Nelson in there in his place!

19. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Better not....I will create a paradox so fast!

Here is my list of paradoxes I will create:

1. Hitler will be running around asking if anyone has seen his hat.

2. Cleopatra's top

3. King Louie's piss bucket

4. The Red Barrons Fokker

5. Give Bill Gates five thousand dollars for his garage based business.

6. Just for laughs....pull the chair out as Gerald Ford was going to sit down (it is just fun to watch!)

7. Tell George Lucas that a certain Gungan in EP1 would be a bad idea.

8. Burn down the building where Yoko's art show would be so she would not have met John Lennon.

9. Tell Jesse James that the Ford brothers plan on killing him for the reward.

10. Tell President Truman how the French will act in the future!

20. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I would go back in time and stop a certain woman from having intercourse with a pig. That way Rush Limbaugh would never be born. [face_pig]

21. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

22. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Melkor, you are almost as sweet as Andromeda!

.. oh, wait, that's a bad thing!

23. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Ditto! Don't need to say any more........

24. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    tk, it would be an honor to name a heavenly object after ya...by the way, i am much sweeter than andromeda...

25. Andromeda13

May 31, 2005
    :eek: :eek: Sweeter than I am? Hmmm......... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I try to keep my sarcastic side well hidden.

Maybe you are sweeter than I am, but you definately don't have nicer hair...... so there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.