main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPAM ALERT ...... UK Garrison event

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by TK0282, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Sorry about this Guys please feel free to delete if ive over stepped my Mark here.

as the event Organiser for the UKG please understand the Heart is begining to race in anticipation of this event coming up.

Here is an Update of the UKGs Last Official Event of the Year now taking place November 12th and 13th at the National Space Centre In Liecester

Well this will be our last Public Official event of the year and what an event it promises to be

Once again we will be visiting the Natioanl Space Centre In Liecester http://www.spacecentre.co.uk/whatson/specialevents/2005/nov/StarWarsDayEpisode2.htm

As well as the UK Garrison the Replica Prop Board will be there with Props from Films.
    Traders R2DTOYS, JANCO, CARDS INC to name a few

Hasbro with interactive games for the kids

Activision X-BOX challenge featuring Battle front II

Come and get your expensive collection Valued by some Valuers from THE BBC 20th Centurary Road Show

Jedi school and Lightsaber Battle

raffles and competitions

and on top of all that an impressive line up of StarSignings inc

Warwick Davis - Wicket - EPVI-ROTJ
    jerome Blake - Rune Haako/Mas Amedda EP I-II-III
    Jeremy Bulloch - Boba Fett - EPV-VI ESB - ROTJ
    Richard LeParmentier - Admiral Motti - EPIV - ANH
    Gerald Home - Mon Calamari Officer/Tessek - EPVI ROTJ
    Paul Blake - Greedo - EP IV -ANH
    Femi Taylor - Oola - EPVI ROTJ
    Simon Williamson - Max Reebo - EP VI ROTJ
    Benedict Taylor - Fighter Pilot Bravo 2 - EPI PM

Wating on Confirmation
    Mike Carter - Bib Fortuna - EPVI-ROTJ
    John Chapman - X-Wing Pilot - EPIV ANH

BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISSAPPOINTMENT AS THIS EVENT SOLD OUT LAST TIME.

2. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Thanks for the heads up Simon, I'm sure Phill and Mark will be getting in touch with you very soon.

3. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Cheers for the heads up on this one, Simon! :)

As the event rolls closer, I will be posting all the relevant information about this event as it looks like it's going to be a corker of an event, and well worth going to. :D

Can't wait.

4. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    may i ask if people are helping out or assosiated with the event do they have to pay to get in?

and it sound wicked - i wonder if the x-wing pilot is a relaton of mine.

5. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Welshguy/spam_monty-python.jpg]

6. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Dave, we aren't helping them out, as far as I'm aware. We are just there as guests, invited to come along by the 501st.

7. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    sweet. i will bring the whole of clan-wiz to this one, as long as i get time off work (if i am working by then ;) [face_fingers_crossed] )

8. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    The Fan Force has been invited to set up a stand similar to what you had at Signatopia.

Phil and Verity will Obviously be on the UKG guest list and i should imagine they will either man the stand themselves or appoint a couple of members to do this.

Everyone else im afraid has to pay to get in

9. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Ah, I must have missed that when reading the month's worth of threads during my "break". My bad! :)

10. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    No worries

The invite was done through the proper channels to be honest.

The reason ive spammed the board is because im starting to Panic now, i just want it to go really well and not suffer Signatopia syndrome

11. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    No, no. Fair dues. :)

I don't blame you for being a little anxious. You obviously want this to be a big thing, but look at it this way. The first one as the NSC was a big success, and from what I'm being told, the second one looks to top it. And from our P.O.V. in FF-UK, although Signatopia was quiet by convention standards, we were a very popular table (Well, I was only there on Sunday, but I was told Saturday was cracking too!), and I'm sure (hoping) that we too are going to have some success as well. :)

12. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    well I'm up for it, making both Leias dresses from ANH for it.

13. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    can i just point out something. you have said your inviting us but we have to pay. so its not really an invite its more advertising to get us to o somewhere where some of us were going anyway.

14. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Dave, a word of advice. I know that you mean well but please keep those sort of comments to yourself, Phill, Mark and Verity have put a lot of work into getting us this invitation.

15. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Dave,

If you want to PM me, feel free. :)

16. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    With regards to the event, I'm quite happy to step aside on this one and pay my way if someone else wants to man the table. It's a new event, and there are some interesting ideas on what you all want to do.

V, how do you want to handle this? I know that you are going to need to leave early from the event to arrange your party, and as such perhaps this event could be manned by new blood?

Also, what is happening with regards to the short story/comic idea? Are you all moving forward with that idea? It would really need to be cemented in concrete before the event.

17. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Phill, I'll be glad to man the table. To be honest, I'm not worried about the free entry (sure, free is good, but I'm there because the club is there, and I'd like to talk to the 501st members too). But I'll man the table, because the table we had at Signatopia was a laugh, and the kids loved it! :D

Like you've said, if Vez has to leave early, then someone to help out with the table will be advantageous.

As for the short story/comic stuff. I'm still excited about that, so if you want to talk about that (and the other project we talked about the other night) and get the ball rolling on it, I'm all ears. :)

18. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    the static must be on our side because we are getting no communications from you two.
    How much is admition to the centre? and do we hae to queue like everyone else or does the invite mean we can skip it?

19. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    ticket prices ;)

and if we get there early enough, queing shouldn`t be too much of an issue......

20. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I would recommend that you pre-order your tickets as me and V turned up pretty early last time and still had to Queue for nearly an hour!

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    so basicaly the group isn't being invited only the table people. and i went last time before u and ves got there and the queue was massive! that was just after opening. you would have to camp out to get the first spot! also are w allowed to use the UKG's factilities to get our costumes on if we have them?

22. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Phil / Verity

Please excuse me i seem to have put my foot in again, really i dont intend to cause you these Problems.

If i may id like to clear a few things up AGAIN.

This is a UK Garrison run event aided by the NSC, All the Star Signings that you see attending, all the Garrison members, Traders and interactive goings on ie X-Box challenge have been organised by the UKG however if you really want to get anul about it by me the UKG event Co-ordinator.(and it hasnt been easy)

A while back at MEM i spoke to Phil albeit very briefly and it was agreed that at the next UKG event the FF midlands would be invited along to set up a Table and work along side the UKG to bring StarWars to the fans, its not young man an excuse for you to dress up as a jedi and play at being Obi-wan.

Its serious Charity Fundraising buisness mate, Now Phil and Verity will be there as my guests, who they get to run the FF table is purely down to them.

For instance Cards Inc are coming along with a Stall and staff to run it, i wouldnt expect them to turn up with a coach load of Family members or supporters trying to get in for free just because Cards Inc are there!!!!

I strongly suggest you take Phils advice mate and thats get pre Booked tickets.

23. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I just want to throw my two cents in here.

I know exactly where Simon is coming from. My FF works with both Garrison Carida (my garrison) and Northeast Remnant from time to time. Certain events call for certain standards. Whenever I've done charity work with them, and other garrisons, it has been in canon (movie accurate). That means business. It's not a convention. Raise money and put smiles on the children's faces. PERIOD!

This sounds like a fantastic opportunity and I only wish I could be there to lend a hand, after paying for admission of course.

As a distant cousin to my FFUK-M brethren, my hat is off to you and the UKG, Simon. I'm really excited to see the great things happening for my Midland family. :D

Kudos all!!!

24. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Now I feel all Warm and Squidgy inside , no Joe, NOT like YOU think!

I would like to say Thanks to Simon,and I hope by being there I can rough up , I mean get members of the public to donate their credits.

25. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    Its not for that reason. I have helped at a few fundraisers before. and if you havent heard the FF isnt a canon sort of group. And i would be glad to help at the table but because of some rule Phil and other moderators have made this is impossible.
    This isnt just a adult thing guys! teenagers and the rest of us enjoy helping as well!
    Stop discriminating!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.