main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPAM ALERT ...... UK Garrison event

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by TK0282, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Gee, I'm glad you pointed that out. Especially since I RUN a Fan Force as opposed to throwing tantrums in one.

2. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    This was gone through at the meeting. If you arent mature enough to comprehend the reasons for our actions then you are underscoring our point. But its not my place to try and reason with you. If you have an issue please take it to PM's and direct it to the CR and keep this thread free for positive input.

3. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    Agreed. Sorry about that.

4. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Joe sweetie, you know that wasnt directed at you, we were both posting at the same time

5. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    david. why must you do this every time an event is mentioned? we went over this time and time again in another thread that ended up being locked, and as verity said, it was discussed at the meet up. this is a public board and what you post reflects directly on all of us as a chapter. personally i do not want to be associated with this sort of attitude, as it is/you are quite frankly embarrassing. why can`t you just turn up and enjoy the event like most of us are going to do? just because the chapter has been invited does not give any of us the right to start acting like we own the place. you made it to the first meet in costume, why would it be so difficult to do it this time? how many times must we go over old ground?

6. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

Actually, this is an adult thing. IF UKG works like my own garrison and the garrisons I have worked with, than the event is demanding a certain level of professionalism from the 501st. This means that both attitude and costumes MUST be on at a higher level then what you would normally see at a meet such as this. Also bear in mind that only adults of legal age can join the 501st, again this is something that the event planners probably already know about and that is what they expect.

If you really want to go and wear your jedi costume, no one is going to stop you as a member of the public but the UKG has an obligation at this point to adhere to the standard that the 501st is known for having all over the world.

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but I will be honest with you right now, if this was my garrison's event, I would tell the fan force that no one under 18 would be allowed to participate after watching you these past few weeks of posting of how unfair everyone is to you.

7. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Yes it is an ADULT RUN thing. but its a family day.
    i've spoken to phil. So lets get on and organise this and have fun.

Mark i believe you mentioned something about a thing beside the comic. whats that about?

8. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Blimey....... I really know how to put my foot it dont i.

OK here is another exclusive for you the FF Midlands members.

All Fan Force Members that come to the National Space Centre will be able to buy exclusive after Event Party Tickets for the Saturday Evening at a Hotel In Leicester, there will be a Disco, Auction, Raffle and Buffett, Again all proceeds to Charity
    The members of the Public are obviously not Involved in this ... well actually i lie there will be a pair of tickets up as a prize on the day.

Now what is exclusive to this After event Party is all the Star Signings will be present to, all 10 of them.

One other thing i should mention the UKG get free rights to Major events in the UK Collectomania, MEM and a lot of others too, the FFMidlands will i hopefully come on Board as an added Bonus to UK Garrison events.

You saw our Stand at the Last MEM youll always in the furure be able to be a part of this for free, and eventually as the time progresses more and more Free tickets will become available for FF members but things like this dont happen over night its takes time to Build the Foundations of a Loving and Happy relationship which the FF and UKG are sure to build

9. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i hope i am not crossing a line by asking if under 18's will be allowed to attend this party. (of course not drinking alcohol)
    AND i am sure i ask this for everybody - how much are tickets?

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Simon,

Again, thank's for chiming in with your information...No need to appologise, because quite frankly it helps me, for one thing - KEEP IT COMING!!! As for the party, that sounds like a great idea, although it might be problematic as we already have an engagement that might conflict with that date (it is the same day, isn't it, V?). Still, it's a very gracious offer! :D

Dave,

It has been mentioned to you at least 4 times, by myself, or Phill as to why you cannot represent us in any official capacity at the event...We are not discriminating against you, personally, it is all because of the fact that we are not legally obliged to take responsibillity for you, and if something were to happen, whether it be you hurt someone, or yourself, we cannot take responsibillity for you. BTW, you know when I said that after my return I was not going to tolerate anymore backbiting, and slandering, I mean it.

Mark i believe you mentioned something about a thing beside the comic. whats that about?

I was talking to Phill about something seperate -- Non-FF-UK related.

11. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    :D

12. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Sob. SO you all want to go to this party now, even tho my B'day was planned waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before this event was announced.

13. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    V, as much as we`d love to go to this UKG shindig, your party was arranged first, and so that`s where myself and the lady will be going. first come first served and all that. not that we don`t apreciate Simon`s invite of course ;)

14. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    *Sob* so you feel obliged .*sob*

15. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    i just can`t win can i? :rolleyes: maybe i should hide in my shell that weekend, and do nothing.

:p

16. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004

No you cant win against the POWER of Female Hormones!:p

17. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey at least you all have parties to go to that weekend, I get to sit at home and do my college course work! :_|

*Starts searching online*

How much is a roundtrip ticket to the UK, and more importantly, whose house can I crash at for the weekend? [face_laugh]

18. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    CR thingy going on here...

I need a raise of hands from all who intend to go to the NSC and/or Verity's birthday party.

Can you please send me a PM ASAP! :)

Oh, if you intend to help run the table during the day, can you inform me of that as well, please. [face_peace]

Cheers.

19. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    OOOoooooooh he is getting all excitable and authoratitive isn't he !

PM sent dude.

20. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    P.M sent :D

21. F16WarBird

Aug 5, 2004
    *Smacks V*

Stop it!

We love you and you know it. Now git yer butt in gear and prepare to party like it's, uhhhh, 2005. :p

22. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    that was a bit too close. :D

23. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    :eek:

Sounds like this could be interesting..... perhaps a London delegation should be presence - after all, it looks like something important... :p [face_devil]

24. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Dude, you MUST come up! I ORDER YOU!

Why? I need to re-live Celebration Day memories with, for one thing! :p

25. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Yes Raj it would be nice to have you London lot attend one of our meet's seeing as we attended yours at Alton Towers :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.