main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spam Wars!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi15, Dec 19, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER BUDDHA

MASTER BUDDHA Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, I can stay spoiler free and her is how. I was complete "spoiled" by the time TPM came out and it totally ruined the movie for me. This time I intend to see Ep II, with a childs pair of eyes. The ruining of TPM will serve as my will power not to be spoiled.

Master Buddha

2. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I'm not going to highlight any spoilers. Must . . . resist . . . temptation. . . . But still, I don't know if it will be possible to stay completely unspoiled. The trailers alone are probably spoilers.

3. Jedi Drifter

Jedi Drifter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    i'm staying spoiler free if it kills me. i'm not even going to watch the trailer when it comes out. no way in hades. in fact, i'm getting nervous just being here. but since E2 is a little space off, i'm sure no one can spoil it for me at this time. i went to the non-spoiler channel for TPM before it came out a few times. the last time i went in, some black hearted sith spawn had typed the subject in all caps "DARTH MAUL KILLS QUI-GON AND OBI-WAN GETS SO PISSED HE CUTS HIM IN HALF!" yep. true story. i went in with an innocent unknowing smile on my face, and came out with my proverbial teeth kicked in by a steel toed work boot. yeah, the guy said he was trying to turn us to the dark side by spoiling the surprise. man was i bummed. so, i'm not going near nothing when this flick comes out. if i see a commercial on tv, i'm turning the channel. i'm not buying the soundtrack before the movie comes out, and GGGGGGGGGOD HELP ME if someone spoils it for me this time...
    *Jedi Drifter's visage twists into a scowling sneer that sends icicles shivering down the spine as he states matter of factly in a knife cutting tone*
    i'll kill their arse

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I too was once as foolish as you guys... but you'll never make it two more years!

5. Jedi Matrix

Jedi Matrix Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2000
    I am not going to go out seeking info, but I am sure we are going to hear our fair share whether we want to or not.

6. Ejedir

Ejedir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2000
    This is realy funny! And now a month and a half later-TOP!

7. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    Back to the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, cats and dogs, and Star Wars fans alike.

Want to hear SW music on the radio twenty-four-seven? Go to this place. I found it on the net today, and it is wicked!
    http://www.discjockey.com http://www.discjockey.com

click on where it says "Listen", and then go to the "Star Warp" channel.

Happy listening! cool.gif

P.S. It doesnt work with broadband. Star Warp, isn't one of the channels that supports it.

Not only that, I just checked it out using both, Windows Media Player, and Real Audio, and for some reason it doesn't work with RA, so just click on the link below...
    http://DiscJockey.Com/audio/starwarp.asx http://DiscJockey.Com/audio/starwarp.asx

[This message has been edited by Happy Ninja (edited 04-25-2000).]

9. Crystal Skywalker

Crystal Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2000
    Same here; i'm not gonna try to find out all the details, but i don't doubt that i'll find out some info before the movie comes out.

10. IceJedi59

IceJedi59 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2000
    I will try (and i realize "there is no try") to stay spoil free. Though, like Matrex said, I will not go looking for info I know i will come across it sometime espically since i subscribe to STAR WARS INSIDER.

I will do my best as the Ice Jedi to stay spoil free.

11. Croaten

Croaten Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll try and stay away from the details as much as possible, but as for casting info. and more general data it will be impossible to stay away from.

12. Darth Briji

Darth Briji Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2000
    I'd like 2 know the basic plot, but definately not the ending. About a week berore TPM came out, I was on the bus 2 school when I noticed someone had left behind a magazine. It had pictures of Star Wars charachters on the front, so I picked it up and inside were some stills from the film. One of them really spoilt the film for me- up until then, I only knew the basic plot. One of the picturers was of Darth Maul falling into that shaft just after Obi-Wan strikes him. The lable read: "Darth Maul being killed after the climatic lightsaber battle with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn". I was so furious I lobbed it accross the bus then ducked so the driver wouldn't know who did it. It really spoilt TPM 4 me. Whichever heartless soul wrote that should be tortured by not being allowed 2 see the other 2 prequils, and not seeing the other Star Wars films ever again. mad.gif

Darth Briji
    99%: evil
    1%: ?

13. Obi Cool Kenobi

Obi Cool Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2000
    Well, this time I will stay spoiler-free. Before TMP I read the short version of the book and that spoiled the entire movie! I also was a subscriber to Star Wars Insider at the time, so that also spoiled the movie. I wll defenitely NOT look at spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    No spoilers for me! All I know is that *o** will *i**t with a *i****a**r!

(No, this is not nasty stuff...)

[This message has been edited by Nomi Jade (edited 05-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nomi Jade (edited 05-02-2000).]

15. Jedi-Rillus

Jedi-Rillus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2000

I too will stay spoiler free

16. Bob The Jawa

Bob The Jawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 1999
    http://fan.starwars.com/ladyjedi/files/JAWAgif.gif
    I'm not spoiled, and I go to the other forum.

-Utini

17. MoonScribe

MoonScribe Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2000
    It's going to be a long two years, but I hope to remain as spoiler free as possible this time. After seeing so many pictures and images and reading so much info before TPM came out there wasn't much that was a surprise for me when I finally saw the movie. About the only thing I swa that was new to me at first viewing was Anakin in his padawan outfit at the end of the movie! And of course I already knew that Qui-Gon was going to die but knew that from reading the liner notes on the soundtrack. I'd like to see a few pictures (what Obi-Wan is going look like and of course who's going to be the new Anakin, and maybe some pics of new characters and a maybe a few of Amidala's new costumes), but I don't want to know the plot at all. I'd really like to go into the movie cold, but I know it's going to be hard, unless I stop myself from going to sites like this, and that's going to be hard too because I'd miss it. I believe that the hype is going to be hot when Episode II comes out, maybe not as massive as with TPM, but still with a new actor playing Anakin there will be some hype and media coverage. All I can say is that I want to be as spoiler free as possible this time and I hope I can.

18. Nearsighted Scrap Pile

Nearsighted Scrap Pile Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    To all you people who had the movie ruined by being spoiled, I bet it sucks only seeing the movie once. Because by your logic, once you know the ending, the movie is no good anymore, so why see it again? I bought the soundtrack the day it came out, and BAM! The Noble Death of Qui-Gon Jinn. I was upset as to how anyone could let this happen, or at least release BEFORE the movie, but I didnt brood through the whole movie about it. If Star Wars is a one-time experience for you, if you will only see it once, then by all means, let it ruin it for you, but if you are truly a fan, which 99.999 percent of you all are, you have seen the movie a dozen times, still get pissed when Maul kills Jinn, still get chills when Vader says "I am your father" and still cheer when he chunks the Emperor to his death. I will not actively seek out spoilers, but I will not let it ruin my opening night experience if I know something.

19. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I'm avoiding spoilers. I didn't read the TPM novel or read the back of the music CD until after I saw the film.
    The only spoiler I stumbled across was Qui-Gon bing killed mad.gif

20. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    It depends on how many spoilers they stick on the back of the CD. Man, I was VERY careful to avoid spoilers for TPM, and a week before it came out, I bought the CD. In the words of the immortal Homer J. Simpson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    D'OH!!!!!

21. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I'm gonna be spoiled.

22. JoeCool

JoeCool Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2000
    I'm going to stay spoiler-free. I think it's going to be easy. Just don't go near ANYTHING Star Wars related on the web. You never know what you're going to see. Even stay away from the Force.net if you can.

23. Celeste Kenobi

Celeste Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2000
    I know I would never be able to make it that long without wanting a few spoilers. I go to the other ep 2 and 3 forum as well as this one.

24. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yes, I am newly registered. But I have read everything on the internet & in this forum for a long time. I visit the other forums, but that WILL change shortly, when more stuff starts to happen with the movie. I will not read spoilers and I will avoid any page (even this one if need be ) I can still buy all the stuff and not look at the back of it, right?

And it isn't at all that Star Wars is a one time experience for me. I literally saw TPM 24 times in the theatres. I can quote the whole movie by heart & still love every second of it. But it is that initial excitement of seeing it for the first time. Seeing it on the big screen when you really don't know what is going to happen & it is all new. I will NEVER forget midnight, the first time I saw TPM. It will be an awesome memory. But I still love it every other time I see it, but it is somehow different.

25. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'll read minor spoilers here and there, but overall, I'll try to remain as spoiler-free as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.